Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V « < 9 10 11 12 13 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> just another progress thread, and introduction-hi im xsboost90!
xsboost90
post May 26 2005, 09:40 PM
Post #201

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,432

tomorrow time to clean the exhaust up, paint it and mount it up to see what she sounds like. Maybe put in the headlights and sand some stuff.

Anyone want a 1.7 rear section?

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
turbo914v8
post May 26 2005, 09:43 PM
Post #202

Member No.: 952

Are you interested in purchasing the three stock gauges for your center console? I have a set in great condition. PM me if interested. I have enjoyed following along with your progress. Keep up the good work.

Regards,

Turbo Paul.
+Quote Post
turbo914v8
post May 26 2005, 10:13 PM
Post #203

I just sent you a PM
+Quote Post
CptTripps
post May 27 2005, 05:51 AM
Post #204

:: Punch and Pie ::

Member No.: 3,342
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Well done sir! Glad to see you have an exaust that is workable. If the 1.7 is newer, with a little welding, you could use that muffeler section.
+Quote Post
xsboost90
post May 27 2005, 05:58 AM
Post #205

yeah i thought about that, but the flanges are different, and its more welding than i wanted to mess w/ right now. This one looks pretty good, need to get a collector gasket for the muffler, bbq paint it and throw it on tonite. Cant wait to hear it w/o the open headers. I keep having to talk myself out of throwing the primered hoods on it and cruizing it! Im going to try and get the black stuff primed and painted before sunday, a guy i painted this 53 chev truck for is putting on a "rat rod" car show and wants me to bring the teener. Its unfinished so i guess itll qualify right? Ill make that the maiden voyage!
+Quote Post
xsboost90
post May 28 2005, 08:28 PM
Post #206

may be able to make the show tomorrow w/ just the hood and trunk painted...Got alot done today, think i figured out my knock or "ping" from bad gas/hot plugs. Got the consule pretty much mounted up, windows installed, rear window glued in w/ window weld eurethane glue, steering wheel in, hillbilly alignment done, lowered the front slightly-rubbed fender anymore than that w/ the 205/55's on there, made brakets for the rear exhaust since the trans exhaust support is still for a 1.7, got my bad wire on the gas guage fixed and got the temp guage working last nite as well.

question- i have a brake light on the dash flashing away, but my brakes work pretty well. what does this mean, i need to rebleed them? A

also, i used 944 front hubs to adapt to five lug, they are so close-the rotor- to the ball joint, that when you lower the car extremely, the rotors start to rub the outer edge of the a-arms. Anyone have this problem? Do i need to get some 911 hubs?

tomorrow- paint hood trunk in the morning and hit the rat rod cruise in tomorrow evening.
+Quote Post
CptTripps
post May 28 2005, 10:52 PM
Post #207

QUOTE (xsboost90 @ May 28 2005, 09:28 PM)
question- i have a brake light on the dash flashing away, but my brakes work pretty well. what does this mean, i need to rebleed them?

That's your Emergency Brake 'alert' light. Annoying...aint it? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)

I just pull the wire on it.

sorry I couldn't make it down there today...I really was all ready for it.

Good luck tomorrow!
+Quote Post
jim912928
post May 28 2005, 11:22 PM
Post #208

Member No.: 1,536

On the flashing brake light issue...if you recently bled the brakes...there is a switch on the master cylinder that needs reset. Look at the master cylinder on the drivers side and you should see a small button like thing...push it in to reset the barke warning light. You have to do this everytime you drain the fluid from the brake system otherwise it will flash constantly.
+Quote Post
xsboost90
post May 29 2005, 06:17 AM
Post #209

reset! cool! yeah the brakes work great and the ebrake weather its hooked up or not that light flashes.
+Quote Post
SGB
post May 29 2005, 11:02 AM
Post #210

just visiting

Member No.: 404
Region Association: South East States

Whooo-wee. Ain't it great to get things done and know they are done right. Way to go!
+Quote Post
xsboost90
post May 29 2005, 05:42 PM
Post #211

hey, i cant find no stinking reset switch. and the manual doesnt mention it. Where it be at? didnt see one on the mc, maybe i missed it.
+Quote Post
turbo914v8
post May 29 2005, 06:47 PM
Post #212

Here is a picture of the reset button on the master cylinder. It is a little small button in the center of the white plastic part just above the male connector.

Regards,

Turbo Paul.
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-2-1106668869.jpg)
+Quote Post
xsboost90
post May 29 2005, 10:14 PM
Post #213

well i figured since a bud of mine was putting on a show today, i would slap on the primered hoods and take the car for a test drive up to the show. Made it to the show ok, but had a couple of issues to attend to when i got home. ONe was the car seems to sputter when you come to a stop, and when you go to take off, it hesitates, then takes off like crazy. The second problem was the rear tires. They were rubbing the rear fenders, slightly, enough to boil the paint on both the rear quarters. Sooo i had to take some camber plates out to get alittle more clearance from the wheel wells, and the sand down the burnt spots on my quarters. Ill be respraying the quarters as well as the roof, rockers, valance and hood/trunk/ hood this week. I reset the electronic ignition timing to double check the adjustment and the timing of the distributor. seemed to run alittle better..

heres a question. theres two places to hook vaccum to the advance on the dist. Now most pics show the hose going to the rear of the advance, like closest to the cap. This seems like it would retard the dist, instead of advance. I put mine on the outside of the dist, seemed to keep my motor from pre-igniting/knocking and runs slightly better. set the computer "knob" to full rich and turned up the idle air screw. Seems to keep a better idle now when coming to a stop. Opinions on how to set this w/o a machine-digital sun analyzer?

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
xsboost90
post May 29 2005, 10:15 PM
Post #214

OT- heres my buds truck that was putting on the show. i sprayed this a couple years back, supposed to be in the next months issue of trucking magazine, maybe on the cover?

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
xsboost90
post Jun 2 2005, 07:01 AM
Post #215

more progress last nite, got all the rest of the black stuff painted. Today i took the day off, ill be buffing and assembling. Also got my bronze bushing for the trans linkage so i can finally put all that back together w/ my new linkage cover! Pics from last nite w/ the door panels my g/f reupolstered in suede, shweet!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
xsboost90
post Jun 2 2005, 07:02 AM
Post #216

ds door

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
xsboost90
post Jun 2 2005, 07:03 AM
Post #217

interior w/ panel

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
CptTripps
post Jun 2 2005, 07:25 AM
Post #218

NOW you are talkiing! Great work man...we ought to meet up in Columbus when you are done...get a burger or something.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
xsboost90
post Jun 3 2005, 10:35 PM
Post #219

drove the car today, to dayton,50miles, back 50miles...then to dayton for a cruise in...then back. Did pretty good, leaking alittle from the crank seal on the front.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
xsboost90
post Jun 3 2005, 10:40 PM
Post #220

made it to the cruise inn fine, and got a few comments. There was another REAL nice teener there, the one i bought the motor from, over heard some guys talking- "i like this one better than that orange one."

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

13 Pages V « < 9 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th June 2024 - 05:50 PM