Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fuel Pump Relocation Plumbing, Looking for pictures of fuel line routing
Nozzle
post Mar 23 2013, 02:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,725
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Plumbing the fuel lines to connect up the relocated fuel pump is becoming very problematic. Specifically the supply line my biggest headache. Between the 9mm tank downpipe, the 9mm to 7mm Tangerine Racing reducer and the stock fuel filter there doesn't seem to be any way that I can work the final line to the supply inlet of the fuel pump. The AA relocation kit instructions show a 9mm inlet to 7mm outlet fuel filter but a 7mm inlet 7mm outlet filter came with the kit and from what I gather from forum searches, these reducer filters are NLA. I picked up a very nice reducer from Tangerine Racing but now I'm running out of space under the tank to route the supply line. Any pictures, diagrams or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Here's a picture of the new pump location above the steering rack:

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Mar 23 2013, 02:17 PM
Post #2

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

Here's what I did to mount the pump up front. Mine's in a different area than yours but the hose routing should be similar.

There is a lot of room to run the hoses. Use about 5-6 feet of hose for each supply/return. Loop the hoses over towards the driver footwell then back to the tank and lines to the engine.

This will give plenty of slack to allow the tank to be removed without having to disconnect hoses.

In the pic below, the gas tank is already attached. The extra 10-12 feet of hose doesn't affect the operation of the system.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Mar 23 2013, 02:40 PM
Post #3

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

Just make sure you don't kink the supply line. It's under suction, so it can get sucked shut if it kinks, which won't let your engine run very well.

(Don't ask how I know this.)

--DD
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th September 2024 - 09:33 AM