Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Done with the motor and tranny, NOT heading down route 66 - Dilivar Strikes
worn
post Apr 14 2013, 10:19 AM
Post #21

can't remember

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,152
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(Madswede @ Apr 12 2013, 09:00 AM) *

QUOTE(worn @ Apr 12 2013, 08:40 AM) *

QUOTE(Madswede @ Apr 11 2013, 07:57 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) I live in the Albuquerque area and have enjoyed that Durango to Silverton road on occasion! Yet to take my newly completed 914 on it though. Maybe RRC...

But to the original poster, I am in Rio Rancho right next to the ABQ. If you'd like to hang out and kick tires, or go for a drive (haha after all those miles) PM me!

How cold is it going to be towards the end of the month?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Ah yes, the $64,000 question. Typically late April in north-central New Mexico will be up to the mid to high 70s during the day, mid 40s to 50s at night. Could hit mid 80s, could stay below 60. Ya never know round these parts. This changes (hotter days, cooler nights) outside of the city in the high desert area, or of course up in any mountains. Rain is going to be rare and very brief if we get any. Expect it to be breezy if not outright windy in the spring.

Well, since I was at it, I thought it would be good to adjust the valves on my 911 for the trip. Three head stud ends fell out on the lower left. So, I am thinking either I have to instantly move the engine into the 914 and break it in on the way (not gonna happen) or call it off. I was soooo psyched. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Apr 14 2013, 05:36 PM
Post #22

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

I broke mine in at musr 2011. Drive it to Tulsa. We'll readjust the valves, change the oil, check it over and get you on your way.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Apr 15 2013, 07:43 AM
Post #23

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

when you're in the four corners area(durango), go to mesa verde. it's really cool. worth the side mileage. nice drive on the way up the hill too.

k
+Quote Post
worn
post Apr 15 2013, 09:39 AM
Post #24

can't remember

QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Apr 14 2013, 03:36 PM) *

I broke mine in at musr 2011. Drive it to Tulsa. We'll readjust the valves, change the oil, check it over and get you on your way.

Well, the big question is how hard will it be to tune the 2056 with the stock EFI. If it will just run after basic timing etc, then it is worth a shot. But if I have to take apart a MAP sensor to get it right I may not have time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
+Quote Post
76-914
post Apr 15 2013, 09:47 AM
Post #25

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

If you can check it with an 02 sensor, I would. To confirm your not going to run lean. Otherwise watch your temps. Very small adjustments might be needed depending upon how it was set previously. Good luck! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Apr 15 2013, 09:54 AM
Post #26

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(worn @ Apr 15 2013, 01:39 PM) *

Well, the big question is how hard will it be to tune the 2056 with the stock EFI. If it will just run after basic timing etc, then it is worth a shot. But if I have to take apart a MAP sensor to get it right I may not have time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

Depends on the cam used. If its a stock cam no problem, but if its non stock you must adjust the MPS to reset the AFR.
+Quote Post
worn
post Apr 15 2013, 02:11 PM
Post #27

can't remember

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Apr 15 2013, 07:54 AM) *

Depends on the cam used. If its a stock cam no problem, but if its non stock you must adjust the MPS to reset the AFR.

"Reputed" to be webcam version of 9550. I think I better get the air-fuel set up and the head temp gauge eh? I have a CO meter - any use? Thanks folks. It will be touch and go. I was about ready to hang my head and cry when those studs fell out.

+Quote Post
worn
post Apr 15 2013, 02:14 PM
Post #28

can't remember

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Apr 15 2013, 07:54 AM) *

I have an extra sensor that has had the epoxy removed and still holds vacuum. Should I find an inductance meter?
+Quote Post
worn
post Apr 18 2013, 10:15 AM
Post #29

can't remember

[/quote]

Well, since I was at it, I thought it would be good to adjust the valves on my 911 for the trip. Three head stud ends fell out on the lower left. So, I am thinking either I have to instantly move the engine into the 914 and break it in on the way (not gonna happen) or call it off. I was soooo psyched. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
[/quote]

Well, it is coming down to whether I can do the engine swap this weekend and whether I trust the engine for a 3,000 mile break in. I know - change out the oil at 500 miles. Racer Chris is sending me a new diaphragm so I can mess around with a spare MPS for tuning, and I actually have read PBanders article enough to understand what is going on. The air fuel and CHT gauges arrive by Friday. But, while I have a bazillion tools I lack a lift. Also, it is going to fuching snow Friday! T.S. Eliot was right about April.
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Apr 18 2013, 12:42 PM
Post #30

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

I have everything you need for the oil change, including Brad Penn. 10-40, or 20-50? The speed shop has straight 50 also.
+Quote Post
worn
post Apr 18 2013, 03:42 PM
Post #31

can't remember

QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Apr 18 2013, 10:42 AM) *

I have everything you need for the oil change, including Brad Penn. 10-40, or 20-50? The speed shop has straight 50 also.

Well I am hoping to be living on Tulsa time as soon as I can. If just for a while. (Actually I think I have to go a bit farther west not to be...)
+Quote Post
worn
post Apr 20 2013, 09:46 AM
Post #32

can't remember

QUOTE(worn @ Apr 18 2013, 01:42 PM) *

QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Apr 18 2013, 10:42 AM) *

Well I am hoping to be living on Tulsa time as soon as I can. If just for a while. (Actually I think I have to go a bit farther west not to be...)

Friday night - engine out. Swap and in with the new.
Attached Image

splitting off the old tranny so we can lift

Attached Image

I am TRYING to get south. It snowed again yesterday. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sunglasses.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st July 2024 - 06:22 AM