Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What size is the Oil filter "sandwich" adapter
stugray
post Dec 13 2013, 06:33 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,819
Region Association: None

So now I have determined that I cannot thread two 3/8"-1/2" adapters into the sandwich adapter, THEN thread in two 12AN-1/2" adapters.
There is not enough clearance.

Does anyone know of a 'Type-IV Filter adapter block-off plate" that would allow me to thread in either 1/2" NPT or 3/8"NPT?

I know I can go to the "full flow" pump covers, but was hoping to put that off till next year.
I also know about the oil cooler block off plates, but ai was hoping to keep the stock cooler in addition to my external coolers at first.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
gothspeed
post Dec 13 2013, 08:48 PM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,019
Region Association: None

QUOTE(stugray @ Dec 13 2013, 04:33 PM) *

So now I have determined that I cannot thread two 3/8"-1/2" adapters into the sandwich adapter, THEN thread in two 12AN-1/2" adapters.
There is not enough clearance.

Does anyone know of a 'Type-IV Filter adapter block-off plate" that would allow me to thread in either 1/2" NPT or 3/8"NPT?

I know I can go to the "full flow" pump covers, but was hoping to put that off till next year.
I also know about the oil cooler block off plates, but ai was hoping to keep the stock cooler in addition to my external coolers at first.

I think EMW has a sandwich that uses common a thread interface. However, there are no pictures or thread specs on these two they have listed on their site:

http://www.europeanmotorworks.com/pvw/314-...+Cooler+Adapter

http://www.europeanmotorworks.com/pvw/314-...ter+Single+Hole
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd June 2024 - 01:06 PM