Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Just bought a V-8 out of San Diego
Blue6
post Mar 14 2014, 10:21 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,470
Region Association: Southern California

Sellhammer, before the San Diego dealership bought your car, the PO had it on craigslist in LA. It was in Feb of last year. I dont know if there is a way to do historical search on craigslist. I was looking for a teener at that time so i printed the ad (2 page description). Pm me an address and i mail it to you, in case you want to compare it to the info the dealer gave you. In his ad, he says it is a Renegade conversion. Dave (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
aircooledboy
post Mar 16 2014, 02:22 PM
Post #22

Sweet Pea's 1st ride in daddy's "vroom -vroom"

Member No.: 1,629
Region Association: Upper MidWest

The engine set up is Renegade. That is their non-A/C kit for SBC (not the serpentine set up like my car).

The radiator setup is definitely NOT Renegade. I've never seen anything like that, and I suspect it may be a custom one off. Very interesting though. I'll be curious to hear how well it functions. Certainly has plenty of exhaust air exit.
+Quote Post
dw914six
post Mar 16 2014, 05:58 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 16,902
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(sellhammer @ Mar 12 2014, 10:12 PM) *

I just bought a V-8 conversion out of San Diego. Was looking for some input on it. I know the Tranny is a weak point in these conversions. Has anyone had any issues with these blowing up at high revs? Also any idea of what my future looks like with this car? Maintenance, headaches, anything un expected. I am a first time poster and am looking for any info i can get. I posted the link below.

http://clients.automanager.com/005654/vehi...door+coupe.html

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) nice car.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st July 2024 - 05:26 AM