Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> a long time member passed away., Nord. 914 maniac.
rhodyguy
post Aug 12 2014, 12:14 PM
Post #1

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

i noted the mention in the 'teener tuesday' thread this am. if you're able, please join us for the drive to bellingham for his celebration of life next monday the 18th. nate suggests meeting at the costco in burlington @2pm and i think that's a great plan. nord always managed to find the time to drive to get togethers. bellingham to bremerton, a long haul for breakfast. if you can, take a moment at 3pm pst next monday and keep him in your thoughts.

kevin
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 39)
greenie
post Aug 12 2014, 09:52 PM
Post #21

Member No.: 3,013
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Aug 12 2014, 06:47 PM) *

I am in shock. I have very fond memories of NORD. He sold me my front valence, ecause be wanted me to have a very nice one for my build. He insisted on a fair price. I am blessed to have had this happen.

My mind spins as I try to get my Monday figured out so I can make the drive. I have no vacation time at work and suspect I will be denied.

My thoughts and condolences. NORD you will be missed.

He drove from Bellingham to deliver a front GT valence to me, "didn't want it to get
fucked up".

This is how a man is remembered!

I hope you can make it.
+Quote Post
messix
post Aug 12 2014, 09:57 PM
Post #22

AKA "CLUTCH KILLER"!

From: between shit kickers and pinky lifters/ puget sound wa.north of Seattle south of Canada
Member No.: 3,931

we might have to run up mount baker at sunset and pour a little maple syrup in his honor.
+Quote Post
greenie
post Aug 12 2014, 10:08 PM
Post #23

QUOTE(messix @ Aug 12 2014, 06:57 PM) *

we might have to run up mount baker at sunset and pour a little maple syrup in his honor.

I said that I wouldn't attend his breakfast a few years ago if he didn't have maple smoked sausage, he went out of his way and cooked up my "special sausage".
I hope it was maple smoked. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif)
+Quote Post
greenie
post Aug 12 2014, 10:12 PM
Post #24

A friend of Nord's sent me this...

"Nord was a good man and a friend to me in many different circles. his 914 was a big deal to him and a path to many good friends. I'm gonna miss him. I'm missing him right now."
+Quote Post
aircooledtechguy
post Aug 12 2014, 10:20 PM
Post #25

The Aircooledtech Guy

Member No.: 9,730

QUOTE(greenie @ Aug 12 2014, 08:19 PM) *

Hi All,

I just got off the phone with one of Nord's sons Paul.

Kind of funny that he was trying to reach Nord's friends but didn't know how to contact us.
He tried PCA but since Nord was a teener they didn't know us!

This morning I called Nord on his cell phone, his granddaughter told Paul that someone called Grandpa!

Paul knows how important the 914 and the people that love these cars were to his father. He was so happy to talk.

I told him of our plans to drive up an honor his dad, he said that him and his family will be thrilled!

Shorts and flip flops (it's all Nord wore) are appropriate.

I'm missing Nord,

Curt

That is SOOOOOO Nord!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) I guess I'm ready then.

Since I've had a day to digest the loss of my friend, I find myself smiling at the memories we shared over the past 5 years that I knew him.

I have really fond memories teaming up with Nord for the Artist Point runs. We'd talk cars as we cooked eggs, sausage ("the maple kind, yeah, yeah. . .") pancakes etc. Nord lived and breathed cars and had a special affinity for the 914.

He was one hell of a driver too. About a year ago, I had a father/son pair come out to the shop from Spokane for an engine build. That Wednesday evening was the Artist Point run for the Chuckanut sports car club, so I called Nord to see if he had an empty seat for one of them. Of course he was happy to oblige. We proceeded to give those two guys a night they would never forget. We made it from the top to the bottom in just over 14 minutes that night. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) When we stopped for dinner after the blast down, the dad looked at Nord and I and said, "This beats the hell out of hanging around at the hotel!! I've never been so scared in all my life!!" I looked at Nord and said, "Mission accomplished!!" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

I'm glad I was able to make one more trip up and down Artist Point with him a couple weeks ago. . . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

R.I.P. Nord!! May you always enjoy the endless twisty road and perpetually full tank. . .
+Quote Post
messix
post Aug 12 2014, 10:31 PM
Post #26

AKA "CLUTCH KILLER"!

From: between shit kickers and pinky lifters/ puget sound wa.north of Seattle south of Canada
Member No.: 3,931

lets go !!!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Aug 12 2014, 10:40 PM
Post #27

914 Neferati

Member No.: 5,344

Greenie's mention of Nord's granddaughter got me to thinking about what a great Grandpa he must have been; that easy smile and gravelly voice must have been music to a little one's ears....Grandpa's here!

Hard to believe he's gone, he was so engaged in everyday living and so full of life. This is very hard to take. Miss you buddy.
+Quote Post
TC 914-8
post Aug 12 2014, 10:42 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 9,090

WOW , Very sad news !!!!!
Troy just messaged me. I was just thinking of him last Saturday as I viewed Mt Baker, thinking I would love to make his breakfast run to Artist point this year. My condolenceses to his family, Nord was always smiling and having fun. I know he was close to alot of you PNW and World brothers, many stories will be remembered and retold about him. I can reflect on the several times we met and hung out. Always a class act. His memory will last with me until its my turn.........
RIP Nord sad.gif sad.gif
+Quote Post
greenie
post Aug 12 2014, 10:53 PM
Post #29

Nord and Artist Point

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Aug 12 2014, 10:56 PM
Post #30

Lack of consideration to others, and Selfish!

Member No.: 3,016
Region Association: Central California

This is a sad day indeed. A great guy and a even better human being. He will be missed!
+Quote Post
jeeperjohn56
post Aug 13 2014, 01:00 AM
Post #31

Member No.: 6,407
Region Association: None

Sorry to read this, met Nord at the Dalles WCR2013 will be truly missed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
DNHunt
post Aug 13 2014, 06:19 AM
Post #32

914 Wizard? No way. I got too much to learn.

Member No.: 598

We don't see Mt Baker often from T town but when I do from now on it will remind me of Nord. I only made the run once but it was a great day. Wish I could make it Monday but on a trip planned for a long time.
+Quote Post
flipb
post Aug 13 2014, 08:21 AM
Post #33

Member No.: 10,752
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Never met Nord, but he sold me a set of 1.7 rockers last year for my 2056 build. Super-pleasant to deal with, and insisted that I not send payment until I'd received the parts and verified that I could use them.

My condolences to his family and those who knew him well. Will be thinking of you all next time I drive the teener. Make the most of your time; we don't get to see how much is left on the game clock.
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Aug 13 2014, 09:53 AM
Post #34

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Damn (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) We were friends and he was definitely as awesome as you all describe. I first met him in person at the last PNW clinic and he brought some pickled fish to temp me with/fuck with me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Very generous. He had offered up he place for this coming PNW clinic and it just happened to be too far for most. We talked often over email/PM. Cant believe how sudden this was as I knew nothing of any illness. We have lost a great man, friend, enthusiast and we are all better for knowing him.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)
+Quote Post
CptTripps
post Aug 13 2014, 11:17 AM
Post #35

:: Punch and Pie ::

Member No.: 3,342
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Wow. That just really sucks.

My thoughts are with his family.
+Quote Post
Tom
post Aug 13 2014, 11:56 AM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,626

So sorry to hear this. I met Nord once, the breakfast at the Bremerton pancake house in 09. What a great guy, drove all the way down to for breakfast with other teeners. Always wanted to go to one of his drives and breakfast but it seemed there was always something keeping me from it. My loss!! He will be missed. He was a great ambassador for our cars and our lives! RIP buddy!
Tom
+Quote Post
ruby914
post Aug 13 2014, 12:10 PM
Post #37

Member No.: 10,305

Sorry to hear this bad news. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
I didn't know the man but a search reminded me, he was always there with (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mrs.K.gif), never missed a Birthday. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
RIP Nord.
+Quote Post
JRust
post Aug 13 2014, 12:37 PM
Post #38

914 Guru

Member No.: 129

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 12 2014, 11:14 AM) *

i noted the mention in the 'teener tuesday' thread this am. if you're able, please join us for the drive to bellingham for his celebration of life next monday the 18th. nate suggests meeting at the costco in burlington @2pm and i think that's a great plan. nord always managed to find the time to drive to get togethers. bellingham to bremerton, a long haul for breakfast. if you can, take a moment at 3pm pst next monday and keep him in your thoughts.

kevin

I wish I could make it. I'll see if I can swing it but it is doubtful. I am thankful I got to know Nord over the years. My prayers are with his family through this difficult time. I hope I can work it out to come (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Aug 13 2014, 01:31 PM
Post #39

914 Neferati

Member No.: 5,344

QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 13 2014, 10:37 AM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 12 2014, 11:14 AM) *

kevin

I wish I could make it. I'll see if I can swing it but it is doubtful. I am thankful I got to know Nord over the years. My prayers are with his family through this difficult time. I hope I can work it out to come (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

If you need a place to stay Monday night you can crash at my place Jamie.
+Quote Post
6freak
post Aug 13 2014, 03:13 PM
Post #40

MR.C

Member No.: 8,829

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
R.I.P
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2024 - 01:52 AM