Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help me decide - 914 to buy? w/pics, Need opinions please (long)
vortrex
post Feb 2 2005, 12:53 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 4
Region Association: None

hard to imagine that is from AZ only a couple years ago. look at the rust in the cowl of the last pic you just posted. I am sure one of the many people in CA would do a PPI for you on a west coast car.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
9144me
post Feb 2 2005, 12:57 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 3,550

Here is another of the door.

My friend though it could be the door catching if the car was hit at some point. However everything does line up correclty and the door opens/closes well. Yuo can also see in the pics that the reflection across both body panels is almost perfect. Something that can't even be seen on new cars.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
vortrex
post Feb 2 2005, 12:59 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 4
Region Association: None

I don't know if you are into this look, but check out this car for $6k. owner is a respected person on the forum. this one has a TRUE 2270 motor in it and would be a screamer. do the suspension and you have a nice autocross car that's not a mess.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...ST&f=20&t=21890

+Quote Post
anthony
post Feb 2 2005, 01:48 PM
Post #24

2270 club

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 218

That car is worth it for the motor alone.
+Quote Post
anthony
post Feb 2 2005, 01:53 PM
Post #25

2270 club

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 218

If you want to autocross, you should also think about what class you want to compete in. Believe me, that car would not be a TTOD (top time of the day) car in the San Francisco Bay Area. It would be tough to classify yourself since you don't have any documentation on the motor.

Decide what your AX goals are. Some people want to be competitive in their class. Others mod their car so much they they are no longer class competitive. Their goal is mostly to have fun but not really compete against other cars. Others try and build a TTOD car, usually a highly modified, lightweight 914-6.
+Quote Post
9144me
post Feb 2 2005, 02:15 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 3,550

I know that even though this was an FTD car in Arizona PCA it wouldn't stand a chance against some of the monsters we have here in jersey and new york (lots of $$ is long island, hehe). It also depends on the type of course too. Building an overall FTD car would be really expensive. I'd just somethign to have fun with and be competitive with in my class. I would probably get stuck in M4 or something equivalent for modified 4 cylinders. Basically only 914s, 924s and 944s including turbos.

That car does look pretty inticing, not to crazy about the look but as long as its built right why not.

Please post or pm me with anything for sale that you think might interest me! I check the usual forums every day to keep an eye out. ie: this one, pelican, rennlist, pca. Anything else to check out?

Thanks!
+Quote Post
Rough_Rider
post Feb 2 2005, 02:22 PM
Post #27

Smurf Zone

Member No.: 2,547

The creases in the door are because the door limiter catch is broken or missing.

Thus the door swings out untill its front lip contacts either the rear of the wing or chassis.
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Feb 2 2005, 05:15 PM
Post #28

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE (Rough_Rider @ Feb 2 2005, 12:22 PM)
The creases in the door are because the door limiter catch is broken or missing.
Thus the door swings out untill its front lip contacts either the rear of the wing or chassis.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/agree.gif) door stop missing or broken ...

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif) Andy
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2024 - 10:02 PM