Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adding Cruise control to my suby conversion, For those long trips to help keep me from speeding! LOL
JRust
post Mar 16 2015, 08:35 PM
Post #21

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I get my gauge back from speed hut with the Cruise output tomorrow I think. Pretty cheap as they charged $52 to add that output to the gauge. $20 of which was to put a rush on it. I haven't pulled the trigger on an actual cruise unit yet. Is getting close to time I leave for Route 66. So if I find a good unit at a local auto parts place. I may still do it before I leave.

Being the idiot I am (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) . I'm redoing my front suspension. We'll see if I get it done in time. If not I will roll with what I have on there. Just updating to 3.5" caliper spacing struts for my 944 turbo calipers. I currently have the earlier 911 struts with 3" spacing. The newer 911 struts are off getting powder coated. Those should be ready wednesday. New bearings coming from GPR also should be here then. Already have the new turbo tie rods as well as the new lower ball joints. So theoretically I should have it all together thursday night. On my car friday night or saturday morning. Then get the brakes all bled & drive test it all. I just wouldn't have much drive time on them before the long trek to Las Vegas. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) .
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
76-914
post Mar 16 2015, 08:58 PM
Post #22

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

Don't forget alignment. And then there is Murphy's 4th; "That which can go wrong, usually does'". It would be a shame to miss R66 because your car wasn't ready.
+Quote Post
JRust
post Mar 16 2015, 09:23 PM
Post #23

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 16 2015, 07:58 PM) *

Don't forget alignment. And then there is Murphy's 4th; "That which can go wrong, usually does'". It would be a shame to miss R66 because your car wasn't ready.

Yeah I'm thinking it will wait until I get back on the suspension. Nothing wrong with my current setup. Just want to upgrade the front for better brakes. They certainly work as is. My work week is going to be a little nuts. Doubtful at this point but I will see.
+Quote Post
Kansas 914
post Mar 17 2015, 03:41 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 373
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 16 2015, 09:23 PM) *

Yeah I'm thinking it will wait until I get back on the suspension. Nothing wrong with my current setup.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2024 - 10:00 PM