Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> It's here, but I have a few issues..., windows need adjustment, not enough leg room :-(
Gustl
post May 3 2015, 07:33 AM
Post #21

914 enthusiast & historian

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,212
Region Association: Austria

QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ May 3 2015, 09:13 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) please forgive my naïveté, but what exactly are you meaning here with "sporto" Wolfgang? Is that a car? A type or brand of seat? ...and actuating the clutch when your leg touches the shifter...?? I'm missing your meaning on this altogether and am curious.

Sporto is short for Sportomatic
that's an optional transmission type that sold very very rarely with the 914-6
only 16 cars are documented by the factory
it's a manual 4-speed transmission with torque converter and a manually actuated clutch - without clutch pedal
when you touch the shift stick, it opens the clutch and you could change the gear manually

if you're more interested in the Sportomatic, check out this page (German): http://sportomatic.net/sportomatic/sportomatic.php

QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ May 3 2015, 09:13 AM) *

At any rate, can you estimate how much space is gained by using this hub? 1cm? 2cm? 3cm??

I use the hub from "Mittelmotor" - it's 30 mm
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2024 - 06:31 AM