Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Battery is in your 914?
NS914
post Apr 3 2016, 08:55 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,455
Region Association: Canada

[quote name='dcheek' date='Mar 24 2016, 04:11 PM' post='2320045']
I run Interstate batteries in all my cars. The key to long life is NEVER let them go dead and, always hook up to a smart (pulsing) charger when not in use. I can get up to 13 years out of them this way.

I will definitely follow up on a Trickle Charger. Canadian Tire has them on for $89.00 re Plus version... thanks for all of the replies. The pictures also got me to thinking more about how I will secure it to the floor as I plan to relocate it to the front. much thanks Guys!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
euro911
post Apr 3 2016, 09:17 PM
Post #42

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(DCJosh @ Apr 3 2016, 03:42 PM) *
R34, right? Anyone have a picture of the R34 in their car? I want to be sure that the terminals are facing the correct way.
Whichever type of battery you get, the terminal posts face towards the engine, the positive (+) post needs to face towards the rear of the car.
+Quote Post
Amphicar770
post Apr 3 2016, 10:10 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 11,639
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Optima red in mine. The important thing is to use an AGM battery so you do not have acid attacking the battery tray or hell hole.

Optima in my Amphicar lasted 10 years. Had one in the 914 for 3 years that was replaced under warranty.

I also have AdvanceAuto AGM's in two of my daily drivers and have had good luck with those. (I think it is their "platinum series).

Order online from AdvanceAuto with a 40% coupon and pick up in store. (TRT40 worked for a long time, else look on google). Check the dates to make sure it has not been sitting for over a year. Connect to AdvanceAuto via Fatwallet and you usually save another 5% on top of coupon.
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Apr 4 2016, 12:46 AM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995
Region Association: None

Tiny little one race car spec but packs a punch,have been using it for electrical testing and amazed at it,may stay with it if it cranks my 2.2T motor,made temporary battery tray.

Attached Image

If it doesn't suit my needs it will go to my rideon mower for an outlay of $59nzd I really don't care.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th June 2024 - 08:28 PM