Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> USA vs Euro Tail Light Lenses Giveaway
DBCooper
post Apr 28 2016, 05:33 PM
Post #81

14's in the 13's with ATTITUDE

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,618
Region Association: Northern California

John, dude, you have a PROBLEM. Good god, y'all, your wife know about this? You gotta cut back, friend, get this under control!!

Pretty emphatic demonstration, gotta say. George has been giving it away for years and has no clue.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Apr 28 2016, 05:42 PM
Post #82

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

LOTS of new gear! Always so nice to work with. The 1 and 2 day intervals are interesting.
+Quote Post
wndsnd
post Apr 28 2016, 05:49 PM
Post #83

You wanted a horse, but got a goat. Nobody wants a goat....

Member No.: 14,124
Region Association: North East States

My sickness.

Glad my wife doesn't look in here.

Worst is when I travel and I am not here to run interference when the UPS guy gets here.

That's what building a 2.7 from a core looks like... Ugly. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
post Apr 28 2016, 05:49 PM
Post #84

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,245
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(wndsnd @ Apr 28 2016, 04:31 PM) *

What poor customer service costs...

My recent Pelican orders.

Boy, that's a lot of Porsche parts heading your way.
All I did was simply order a new 5 arm Baum to replace my old 4 arm Baum.
Oh, and no, I rather pay more for quality & customer service vs the $200 ones on ebay.
+Quote Post
somd914
post Apr 28 2016, 06:44 PM
Post #85

Member No.: 12,741
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

The Euro and US lenses pictured sure look like Hella lenses. Is it not illegal, or at least unethical to illustrate other manufacturer's products in place of your own w/o a disclaimer?

As for me, I'll admit AA has a large parts selection. On the flip side, many of the reproduction or remanufactured parts I ordered in my early teener days, 5-6 years ago, were very low quality and in some cases did not work. It appears shipping generally takes 3-5 days to get a package out the door and on the truck. But I can live with this just knowing these are expectations of dealing with AA and be selective about what to buy.

But alas I gave up on AA. The final straw for me was when an order arrived sans one item, a distributor plate, at the time a $15-$20 item. After numerous phone calls and e-mails over a course of 2-3 days, I finally talked to a representative who, in conjunction with the employee who supposedly packed the box, assured me the item shipped and implied that I was attempting to have a second part shipped to me at their expense. So, I was being accused of lying and attempted robbery! They finally shipped me another plate, but it was a fight, and I had to endure horrific customer "service". Sorry Catherine, never again, no way, no how.
+Quote Post
Jonathan Livesay
post Apr 28 2016, 06:57 PM
Post #86

Member No.: 11,461
Region Association: None

QUOTE(wndsnd @ Apr 28 2016, 04:31 PM) *

What poor customer service costs...

My recent Pelican orders.

You know you have a problem when you are ordering 914 parts 2 days before Christmas. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
914bub
post Apr 28 2016, 07:01 PM
Post #87

Member No.: 16,260
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Rob-O @ Apr 28 2016, 03:54 PM) *

QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Apr 28 2016, 02:43 PM) *

Catherine may want to hold off for a bit, Mark hasn't gotten around to installing the transgender bathroom at the 914Rubber facility.

Well if Mark hired a female, you can bet he'd have the transgender bathroom built in three days (after one day of engineering), it would be the best transgender bathroom in the country, it would have 914 content, it wouldn't cost anyone a cent to use and it would come in under budget and 2 days earlier than the five day plan to build it.

You see what I'm doing here? I'm changing this from a "AA screwed me" thread to a "I love 914Rubber" thread!!

It's brilliant!!

You forgot to mention the toilet seat would be top notch & fit your ass better than any other you've used,....... EVER
+Quote Post
bigkensteele
post Apr 28 2016, 07:45 PM
Post #88

Major Member

Member No.: 2,660
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Apr 27 2016, 05:33 PM) *

I wonder if they would let me return the (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) s that I bought in the last group buy for the new and improved version... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

Well, "Catherine" - can I exchange the lenses that you (and when I say you, I mean all of the yous that make up Catherine) have admitted were faulty for the new version at no cost? That's what it will take for me to give AA another shot.

I am an independent IT consultant. Let's say that I built a solution for a client, they weren't happy with it, and it was my fault. Do I bill them for it anyway and tell them that if they want it corrected, they will have to pay for it again? Or do I fix it on my own dime, apologize, and let them know that it will never happen again? Which of those two choices do you think will get me booted from the project and which do you think might get my contract renewed?
+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Apr 28 2016, 08:01 PM
Post #89

Walnut Elite Stratocaster player

Member No.: 7,318

I've had both good & bad experiences w/ AA so I'm on the fence. Been ordering stuff since the late 70's, when they were the better alternative to the dealer or JC Whitney. Times change & so has AA, for both good & bad. I don't order from them now unless I have to. Still have a pair of the 1st run US lenses sitting in boxes on a shelf. They never really fit right & the order should have been cancelled, since it took 2 or 3 yrs. to get to me. Hope there are serious improvements in the customer service dept.
+Quote Post
gandalf_025
post Apr 28 2016, 08:22 PM
Post #90

Member No.: 10,509
Region Association: North East States

My experiences with AA consist of

#1- Ordered parts and asking specifically
if the parts were in stock and available to ship that day.
I was assured they were..
Order arrived 2 days later and some parts were back ordered.

#2- I was going to buy the Harrington Stainless Bumpers direct from Harrington
but was concerned about sending my credit card info out of country.
I called AA, who was selling Stainless Bumpers also.
I asked AA if they could price match Harrington on the bumpers and they
said No. Then proceeded to tell me the Harrington Bumpers were an inferior product...
I called Harrington and they told me that AA buys their bumpers from them.
Price AND shipping from Vietnam was quite a bit cheaper too. So I bought direct..
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Apr 28 2016, 08:57 PM
Post #91

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825

QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ Apr 28 2016, 10:22 PM) *

My experiences with AA consist of

#1- Ordered parts and asking specifically
if the parts were in stock and available to ship that day.
I was assured they were..
Order arrived 2 days later and some parts were back ordered.

#2- I was going to buy the Harrington Stainless Bumpers direct from Harrington
but was concerned about sending my credit card info out of country.
I called AA, who was selling Stainless Bumpers also.
I asked AA if they could price match Harrington on the bumpers and they
said No. Then proceeded to tell me the Harrington Bumpers were an inferior product...
I called Harrington and they told me that AA buys their bumpers from them.
Price AND shipping from Vietnam was quite a bit cheaper too. So I bought direct..

Trust me, you have more to fear when you give AA your credit card then someone in Vietnam but luckily your credit card company or even PayPal will protect you as a buyer. Don't use a debit card to buy from AA.
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Apr 28 2016, 10:19 PM
Post #92

914 Neferati

Member No.: 5,344
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) Vitriolic Wrath....good name for a rock band.
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post Apr 28 2016, 10:32 PM
Post #93

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068

A while back, I had to bite the bullet and buy from AA, a company whom I loathe. I called to order, and actually got George on the phone. I had had a very bad experiences on eBay ordering some 914 parts from AA. I had the order almost ready for credit card information, and when George found out what my name was, he told me I'm not allowed to buy from him. He blackballed me. I asked why and he hung up on me.

Next, I wanted another "NOS" part only they had, so I had my fiancé order it.

She did, said George was very nice, and that he would personally pick out the best gauge they had on the shelf.

The gauge showed up and it was AWFUL, not NOS, used, dirty, and we were pissed. We had to go around and around with them for it to be made right.

I will never deal with Automobiles Atlanta again, ever. EVER.
+Quote Post
post Apr 28 2016, 10:35 PM
Post #94

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,245

Since "credit cards " are brought up. My family had a Visa card info lifted. I called Visa, they looked the account up. Took care of it, when I contacted Amex, they would NOT cancel the other card- even though I was also listed / linked to it.
I stress that it could possibly be compromise too.
They would not help and said the card holder had to call...
Needless to say, they sent me a email follow up.
I express my dissatisfaction, and will only used Amex if I had no alternative. Sometimes even huge enterprises lose sight of the customer service aspect. Amex simply lost out, I only have them because of Costco..and they too are cancelling Amex association.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Apr 28 2016, 10:49 PM
Post #95

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380

QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Apr 28 2016, 05:46 PM) *

"Catherine of Auto Atlanta is a cumulative summary of the women on the Auto Atlanta team and their desire to engage with the 914 community."

So Catherine is actually George in disguise?

No, I told you. It's Jake, from State Farm... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
Rob-O
post Apr 28 2016, 11:28 PM
Post #96

Member No.: 1,419
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Apr 28 2016, 08:19 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) Vitriolic Wrath....good name for a rock band.

So is Amoebic Dysentery...
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Apr 29 2016, 06:59 AM
Post #97

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

WOW! 5 pages and near 2.4k views in 2 days. That must be a record. The crickets are deafening at 914club.

As this seems to have run it's course, is it ok to flip ot to cool, weird, real, who would have ever thought, band names? An ex-student of my wife, 3rd grade, is in Diarrhea Planet. Evan Bird. DP (inside joke?) is an up and comer in the indie? scene. Rolling Stone write up. Remember the name. Coming to a venue where you live.
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Apr 29 2016, 07:28 AM
Post #98

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871
Region Association: South East States

I've ordered several times from AA over the last few years (all new parts) and have only had one problem. I communicated with George directly and he took care of it.

Maybe I'm just lucky? Sorry I can't jump on the bashing bandwagon; but, no issues for me with AA. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Apr 29 2016, 07:38 AM
Post #99

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 29 2016, 05:59 AM) *

WOW! 5 pages and near 2.4k views in 2 days. That must be a record. The crickets are deafening at 914club.

As this seems to have run it's course, is it ok to flip ot to cool, weird, real, who would have ever thought, band names? An ex-student of my wife, 3rd grade, is in Diarrhea Planet. Evan Bird. DP (inside joke?) is an up and comer in the indie? scene. Rolling Stone write up. Remember the name. Coming to a venue where you live.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
DBCooper
post Apr 29 2016, 07:49 AM
Post #100

14's in the 13's with ATTITUDE

Member No.: 2,618

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Apr 29 2016, 05:28 AM) *

I've ordered several times from AA over the last few years (all new parts) and have only had one problem. I communicated with George directly and he took care of it.

Maybe I'm just lucky? Sorry I can't jump on the bashing bandwagon; but, no issues for me with AA. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I'm sure there are a lot of people who've had no problem, but that's not really the issue. People are people, make mistakes, it's inevitable. The measure of any vendor, friend, spouse, colleague, whatever, isn't what they're like when things are going well, but if they'll stand by you when things go wrong. If you haven't had a problem, great, but what's going to happen when there is one? That's the issue. A good vendor will get it fixed for you, a bad vendor will call you a liar or thief and tell you to go away. And that's what's happened with AA, people who've had problems have been told to take a hike, so we have. Hasn't happened to you yet? Great, good job. Will never happen to you? I hope you're right, but if there are other vendors why would you take that risk? You've been given a heads-up, but after that it's your call.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2024 - 10:59 PM