Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Problems With PMB Performance, Anyone Else?
r_towle
post May 11 2016, 08:01 PM
Post #61

Custom Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

In my opinion Eric is one of the successful companies that this community has spawned. There have been a few companies that came into existence from this site, but Eric held his integrity up as high as he could manage to build a long term business.

I applaud the efforts.
Sorry about your Dad.
Good luck with the estate....

Just cause
http://www.joeharmondesign.com/
https://jimsgarage.wordpress.com/2008/04/06...-you-will-like/
http://www.houston-imports.com/forums/show...r&p=9243212
https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome...engine+for+sale
http://www.northstarperformance.com/sgstuds.php
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914outlaw
post May 11 2016, 08:09 PM
Post #62

Dave

Member No.: 11,800
Region Association: North East States

"Let's be clear... you e-mailed and asked me if the assembly lube we used would be harmful to your brake system. I replied "JOKINGLY"... "Yes, that's why we use it." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I like sarcasm and can appreciate a good sarcastic remark but that reply would barely be considered a sarcastic remark in my book. He even used a (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) emoji for crying out loud and it is hardly worth taking offense to.
But hey, to each his own. Anyway, if you want to get rebuilt caliper for a bargain price and outstanding customer service, I would recommend Automobile Atlanta. They are in Atlanta. Georgia. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
scotty b
post May 11 2016, 08:21 PM
Post #63

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419
Region Association: None

he sent me a mangled sticker !! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
DBCooper
post May 11 2016, 08:22 PM
Post #64

14's in the 13's with ATTITUDE

Member No.: 2,618
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(dpires914 @ May 11 2016, 06:09 PM) *
Anyway, if you want to get rebuilt caliper for a bargain price and outstanding customer service, I would recommend Automobile Atlanta. They are in Atlanta. Georgia. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Ha ha ha ha, true, true. Go try that and THEN come back and tell us all about quality customer service. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post May 11 2016, 09:45 PM
Post #65

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
mgp4591
post May 11 2016, 10:53 PM
Post #66

914 Guru

Member No.: 14,748
Region Association: Intermountain Region

They are in Atlanta. Georgia. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

As opposed to Atlanta Georgia Ukraine? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Sorry about your experience with PMB but all of the positive comments posted here add up to a reputable business with great products and very little negative feedback. Any orders can slip through the cracks in any business and we all have bad days on the phone. Seems like you may have caught a few in a row which is overwhelmingly not usually the case with PMB.
+Quote Post
pete000
post May 11 2016, 11:12 PM
Post #67

Member No.: 12,094
Region Association: South East States

I have used PMB a few times with no problems..
+Quote Post
JRust
post May 11 2016, 11:41 PM
Post #68

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(6freak @ May 11 2016, 05:41 PM) *

if you were standing in front of me I would kick you square in the nuts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) then it would be over and id let ya buy me that beer

later

Hey not that I'd look forward to it but I'd take the kick in the nuts for either one of you. If it would end this & you guys could enjoy a beer together. I know you both well & you'd get along great if you got past this. Hell I'm done having kids anyway (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) . I would like to point out this is not a blanket kick me in the nuts offer. This is for specific situation for a specific result (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post May 11 2016, 11:57 PM
Post #69

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380

QUOTE(JRust @ May 12 2016, 01:41 AM) *

if you were standing in front of me I would kick you square in the nuts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) then it would be over and id let ya buy me that beer

later

Hey not that I'd look forward to it but I'd take the kick in the nuts for either one of you. If it would end this & you guys could enjoy a beer together. I know you both well & you'd get along great if you got past this. Hell I'm done having kids anyway (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) . I would like to point out this is not a blanket kick me in the nuts offer. This is for specific situation for a specific result (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

See you next week Jamie, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
boxsterfan
post May 12 2016, 12:01 AM
Post #70

914's are kewl

Member No.: 791

Clearly, we need a solution to our problems here. I am suggesting this form.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Blue6
post May 12 2016, 12:20 AM
Post #71

Member No.: 16,470
Region Association: Southern California

Eric, I'm very sorry about the loss of your father. Wishing you and your family peace as you work through the process of dealing with the loss. Also glad the hear you and the OP are working out the problem...
+Quote Post
iankarr
post May 12 2016, 07:51 AM
Post #72

The wrencher formerly known as Cuddy_K

Member No.: 18,749
Region Association: Intermountain Region

Sorry for your loss, Eric. My dad passed two years ago and I know how surreal the experience of losing a parent can be.

I also own a service business that is often very dependent on me doing a lot of work myself. We just celebrated 30 years and I thought I'd give you a few things I learned that may help you on your journey. I realize this advice is unsolicited, so feel free to do with it what you like (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

1 - I would've had far fewer growing pains if I first decided exactly how big I wanted the business to become, and worked backwards from that goal to give the company what it needed to grow. In my case, I ultimately decided that I needed someone to run the business operations so I could be free to oversee my staff and help them as needed. It was way easier to find operations people than skilled technicians. Most importantly, I figured out what it was that I loved about the business, and then tweaked things to allow me to do more of that...and less of the things I hated.

2 - I learned that I could eliminate 99.9% of customer issues by simply managing their expectations. If, before someone sends their work in, you tell them that it may be 6 months before you can get to their stuff, they can opt to go to someone else and save you the headache of dealing with a customer that's operating on a different timeline. While it may seem counterintuitive to possibly turn away work, you'll actually be happier and way more productive. In the process of managing your customer's expectations, you're also managing your stress level. If delays happen in the process, keeping the customer proactively informed (without them having to call you for info) will keep them happy and save you the trouble and time of threads like these. Again, in my case, once I had a dedicated Head of Operations who kept a schedule on everything in house, they were able to track all jobs and immediately know when something was getting delayed. My clients really appreciate the heads-up. And because keeping clients informed doesn't fall 100% on me, my travel schedule and/or personal life doesn't hold up customer communication.

3- Most importantly...I learned to treasure all feedback... both negative and positive. They're huge learning opportunities...and rare because most people don't go through the trouble to tell you what they don't like. In my business, they simply don't come back. When someone takes the time to hold a mirror up to my business, I consider it a precious gift.

Your mileage may vary (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Thanks for being there for our community!

+Quote Post
Amphicar770
post May 12 2016, 07:59 AM
Post #73

Member No.: 11,639
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Eric,

Truly sorry to hear about your loss.

It reminds all of us, myself included, to be empathetic and remember that others (business associates, co-workers, friends) are often dealing with tough times while still trying to keep all the balls in the air. The normally excellent service leads us to forget that maybe there is a good reason why someone does not get immediately on a particular occasion.

Thank you for reminding us how hard you try to do right by your customers even when facing challenges that would cause many others to simply shut the doors. running any small business is not easy.

+Quote Post
Catorse
post May 12 2016, 09:43 AM
Post #74

Member No.: 19,106
Region Association: Southwest Region

I spent 60K on my 914 6 conversion / restoration. Through this process, I spent at least 2k from PMB.

I am going to throw some other vendors under the bus here. I used:

- 914 rubber (2K spent)
- Dougherty cams (1k spent)
- Competition Engineering (7k spent)
- Rebel Racing (1k spent)

Each of them was at times hard to get a hold of. A half dozen calls, on average, from each vendor went unanswered. Emails were sometimes slow to respond.

You know what I've learned? That's the nature of this business. All these guys are dudes that started in their garage and then branched out. They are swamped. At some point I vowed never again to use each of them for various reasons.

Now, I take it all back. I got my (outstanding) products from each. yes, EACH ONE has time management and communication issues. But the product outweighs this.

My $.02
+Quote Post
6freak
post May 12 2016, 10:06 AM
Post #75

MR.C

Member No.: 8,829
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 11 2016, 10:57 PM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ May 12 2016, 01:41 AM) *

later

See you next week Jamie, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

Scott S.. you are correct Sir more of a misunderstanding ,but no need for the mental issue comments and saying im a bad person! thats over the line IMO and I even indorsed his business up to that point ,but no one remembers that

Rob.. I`m first and thats all there is to it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I just gotta get there

Jamie.. Thanks and because you`ll do that ill wear my track shoes instead of my normal everyday steel toed work boots (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

Troy. still saving your moose meat (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) moose tacos are freak n awsome

and to the others look back a page or two folks ..when i said fuck that no im not over it ...then said "Joking"....I am over it! and not upset anymore about being disrespected by someone I gave my money to and got a not ready to install set of shiney brakes as advertised ! ...but when you get called a mental case that needs therapy and a no good person.. how the hell you think any MAN would react, Thats where the grudge is and I think any one of you would feel the same,if a man questioned your integrity and your worth, and if that aint worth sticking up for ,,go take your balls outta your wifes purse and feed them to the dog cause you dont need them anymore

Mr Shea ive forgotten about the crappy service you provided to me twice, live and learn thats life...but what ive not forgotten is the comments in reguards to my mental state and my integritiy...you WILL NOT say that kinda shit about me or anyone again I hope im 100% clear DONT DO IT thats a fair warning

MikeC (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post May 12 2016, 10:21 AM
Post #76

Member No.: 73
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Alright....

Attached Image

+Quote Post
914_3.0
post May 12 2016, 10:38 AM
Post #77

Member No.: 16,856
Region Association: Central California

When I was trying to figure out what kind of crazy Wilwood-knockoffs my car had on the front, Eric spent a lot of time with me through multiple calls and e-mails. He stepped me through the entire process of figuring out my piston displacements, making sure the bias was right, stopped me from spending money on what I didn't need, and sold me an awesome set of pads that transformed my car for autocross. Doesn't make sense that this is somebody who suddenly doesn't care about taking care of their customers.

Aaaaand.... Just by what I've seen posted in this thread from our representative from law enforcement, I tend to think Eric was right on the money. People who can't say their piece once and let it go end up making resources like PMB unavailable for all of us when people finally get tired of personal attacks from a dog with a small bone, and decide it isn't worth it anymore! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
mepstein
post May 12 2016, 10:46 AM
Post #78

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

The amount of money I've spent at PMB, I must be insane!
BTW, they are the official rebuilder for our shop, we no longer do the calipers in house.
Eric, buddy, i got an order for you... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
veekry9
post May 12 2016, 10:49 AM
Post #79

OldMember

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 16,025
Region Association: Canada

In today's age,the advantages of the boom in comtech is a boon to customer interface and service channels.
Why,back 40yrs ago we were communicating over phone line twisted pairs,mollasses slow and repetitive for hangs.
A massive unloading of time wasting part and scheduling coms is matter of fact instant now.
Repeating the same call handling as you did 20+yrs ago means the workload will increase to failure.
A giant cluster of unhappy clients frustrated at time and money consuming hassle.
A giant screen display of in and out dbs and flow tracking is a visual method of snag solving.
Getting up to speed is no little thing,usually takes a teenwhiz to make it work,the neanderthals ugghing and grunting.
Rising above to implement the cure for the bottleneck will return dividends and a leaner,sleeker appearance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbfV7EQpz_I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQwYNca4iog
/
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post May 12 2016, 11:02 AM
Post #80

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Ok...who hijacked mike's account. That can't be him posting. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th June 2024 - 11:26 PM