Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My 1st 914-frustrated with carb adjustment !, Running out of bourbon-need help
MarkV
post Jul 6 2016, 04:20 PM
Post #21

Fear the Jack Stands

Group: Members
Member No.: 154
Region Association: None

You said you took the carbs apart and cleaned them. Did you put kits in them? Are you setting them up for the first time? If you are setting them up for the first time it would help if they were freshly rebuilt and the float levels were set correctly.

Seems odd that you could have a rich condition with 50 idle jets especially on a 2.3. A 60 or a 65 idle jet would be my guess for that size engine. I am at 2500 ft of elevation and run a 60 idle on a 2056.

When trying to find a vacuum leak I have had good luck using a spray bottle with water in it. Flood the areas around the base of the carbs and around the base of the manifolds and listen for a brief rpm change. Carb cleaner strips paint and makes a big mess...water does the same thing.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Perry Kiehl Clone
post Jul 6 2016, 04:37 PM
Post #22

Unregistered

I have also seen the air bypass and mixture screws swapped, and while they will interchange, the functions do not (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
cashiersjm
post Jul 6 2016, 06:46 PM
Post #23

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,100
Region Association: South East States

Unfortunately work calls and I will be unable to work on the car until Saturday. I'm not beyond missing some item you've all suggested so I will recheck all that I can Saturday. Thanks for the input/suggestions and I'll get back later. Jim
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2024 - 06:33 AM