Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> proportioning valve, some ideas
914GT
post May 10 2005, 08:26 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,923
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE (balljoint @ May 10 2005, 05:21 AM)
Does brake fluid sit in the cylinder with the spring or is it sealed off from the system? If it is full of fluid then it is already essentially an extra reservoir in the middle of the system. If it is just air in there then will it leak fluid to the outside if the seal breaks down or will it leak air into the system? If it is leaking air into the brake lines without spilling brake fluid to the outside then it becomes a difficult to detect source of air in the line.

There should be no fluid on the spring side. It might leak fluid if the piston seal went bad, but on two of them I've disassembled they were both good. I've heard of one-way leaks where air goes in but no fluid comes out but doesn't make much sense. The high system pressures will force fluid out if there are any bad seals or poor fittings, and air could be drawn back in once the brake pedal is released.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post May 10 2005, 09:08 AM
Post #22

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

If you have stock F&R brakes, why the" T"? I imagine that Porsche (Vdub?) seemed to think they needed the porp. valve for a reason.....like maybe F to R balance?

If you feel the need to change sumthin', put in an adjustable proportioning valve to balance future upgrades

Ha ha.. F+R balance went out the window when we developed larger sticky tires and mucho better brake pads than what we had in 1970??

Oh.. Trekkor has a 6cyl now.. 6cyl 914's had larger rear pistons in the calipers with a different prop valve. Sooo.. stock 4cyl rear calipers...added weight... RUN THE TEE.

B
+Quote Post
Trekkor
post May 10 2005, 09:15 AM
Post #23

I do things...

Member No.: 1,413
Region Association: Northern California

RUN THE TEE

I will. I'm just playing around. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)

KT
+Quote Post
tommy914
post May 10 2005, 09:35 AM
Post #24

Life is a journey, enjoy every turn.

Member No.: 1,165

I replaced the "stock" adjusting bolt on the end with one that was longer. This allowed me to pre-load the spring to a greater degree. It seems firmer.
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post May 10 2005, 12:46 PM
Post #25

Irrelevant old fart

Member No.: 45

Sure , run the T. You can always change to an adjustable valve if your rears lock first. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif)

I better get outta this before I insult someone.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th September 2024 - 07:43 AM