Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WTB : 914 2.0 for export
dax1969
post Jul 14 2017, 02:32 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,103
Region Association: None

Ok guys,

After a few "near misses" I still did not find the right car. The world has been very helpful with a few guys performing PPI's for me. Big thanks to them.

In the meantime I kicked out the 2008 HD Roadking classic which increases my budget a bit. Still looking for the same :

* as from 1973
* chrome or normal bumpers, don't like the big bumpers
* 2.0 or more
* prefer flashy colors (olympia or arctic blue, tangerine orange etc)
* still allergic to rust and mechanical issues (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
* like the appearance package especially fuchs wheels
* budget around 20K (depending on location of the car this can still be stretched a bit)
* no projects, car should be ready to enjoy

PM me but expect a list with a million questions fm me and a PPI by a 914world guru (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Bye for now
Dax

Greetings fm Belgium,
I’m once again on the market to find a nice and honest 914. My wife thinks I’m crazy after the issue I had with buying overseas but I’m convinced that the best 914’s are on your side of the pool (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Last year I made the mistake to buy a 73 914 2.0 with appearance package in Olympia blue fm Ebay sight unseen. Spoke with the seller several times, pictures looked nice and the real owner was “a dentist” and the car was only used to make trips to his cabin by the lake blablabla. When deposit was placed, shipper and pickup was arranged I found out that the seller/builder was a guy banned on this forum and Pelican for being dishonest.

When the car arrived Rotterdam and I had my first look I felt sick to my stomach as the car was dripping oil, paintjob was crap, crunching 2nd gear, engine was not performing well on the single carb etc etc. In his description the car was restored (new shocks, new paint, no rust, strong engine etc) but stupid enough I did no PPI and did the payment outside Ebay. Tried to contact ebay but soon after his account disappeared, phonecalls left unanswered (old lady on the phone saying that she didn’t know any Danny H…. – just google)

Anyway I invested some money but still the car wasn’t good enough for me and sold it with a loss (informed the new owner about the flaws of the car).
Perhaps being a fool I’m on the hunt once again but it is stronger than myself. I will now only buy from longtime forummembers, will arrange PPI etc. Perhaps still not 100% watertight but ok, will see.

If anyone has for sale a nice 1973 2.0 in good condition pls let me know. I like the flashy colors like Olympia blue, orange and red but would consider other ones as well (no black). Prefer the fuchs wheels and centerconsole. Rips in seats, no problem I can re-upholster myself. Allergic to rust and mechanical issues so that part should be sorted. Don’t care much about originality as long as it is done properly. Seller has to be patience cause I need to arrange PPI, get a shipper, make payment etc . I’m an honest buyer but I can’t get it all done in one day.

The car I like very much is the red one fm Ontario/Canada but price is a bit too high (need to ship it, import etc). Don’t want to make an offer as I perhaps offend the seller (if the car is really as good as he describes then he will get it sold local). Budget about 15 K (with a little stretch for the right car). I don’t expect concours condition (ofcourse not) but I sometimes see cars sell really quick within my budget which I like.

If somebody out here has one for sale which is not advertised yet, or can assist somehow I would highly appreciate. No links to craiglist ads of sellers you don't know pls.

Final note: like the 944 s2 convertible (had one years ago but sold it to finance another project) as well but I don’t think that anybody of the aircooled lovers here has one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Thks in advance
Dax
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
carr914
post Jul 14 2017, 04:50 AM
Post #2

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

Sorry you got ripped off by Danny - he is the Scum of the Earth!

+Quote Post
dax1969
post Jul 14 2017, 05:20 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 14 2017, 12:50 PM) *

Ah he IS well known to you guys...
Was fortunate that the usd/euro was excellent so didn't loose too much but just the feeling alone.... very cautious now..
Lesson learned (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jul 14 2017, 05:43 AM
Post #4

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

restoration design is selling a fully restored car. not cheap but you'll be getting a 914 that you can be proud to own. contact them. i have no affiliation.
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Jul 14 2017, 07:09 AM
Post #5

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Sorry about your last experience. I hope you find a terrific car this time and it all works out. Cheers. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jul 14 2017, 07:24 AM
Post #6

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Danny h? Refresh my memory.
+Quote Post
dax1969
post Jul 14 2017, 07:28 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 14 2017, 01:43 PM) *

restoration design is selling a fully restored car. not cheap but you'll be getting a 914 that you can be proud to own. contact them. i have no affiliation.

Msg sent as I don't see the car on their website.

Also contacted the owner of the sepia brown one on ebay (thks Mike in Munich) and even placed a few cautious bids (damn doing it again) but have a strong feeling that the car will score high (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

enjoy yr weekend

rgds
Dax
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jul 14 2017, 07:36 AM
Post #8

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Should that 15k be your all in to include shipping or 15 without.
+Quote Post
dax1969
post Jul 14 2017, 07:51 AM
Post #9

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 14 2017, 03:36 PM) *

Should that 15k be your all in to include shipping or 15 without.

Without shipping/import taxes. Shippingcost itself can be a huge difference if the car is located close to a port or not. Washington for instance is also more expensive than LA.

Thks for responding

enjoy yr weekend !

Dax
+Quote Post
Shadowfax
post Jul 14 2017, 07:57 AM
Post #10

Show us the meaning of haste

Member No.: 18,340

PM sent.
+Quote Post
liebe
post Jul 14 2017, 07:57 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 14,357

QUOTE(dax1969 @ Jul 14 2017, 10:32 AM) *

Greetings fm Belgium,
I’m once again on the market to find a nice and honest 914. My wife thinks I’m crazy after the issue I had with buying overseas but I’m convinced that the best 914’s are on your side of the pool (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Last year I made the mistake to buy a 73 914 2.0 with appearance package in Olympia blue fm Ebay sight unseen. Spoke with the seller several times, pictures looked nice and the real owner was “a dentist” and the car was only used to make trips to his cabin by the lake blablabla. When deposit was placed, shipper and pickup was arranged I found out that the seller/builder was a guy banned on this forum and Pelican for being dishonest.

When the car arrived Rotterdam and I had my first look I felt sick to my stomach as the car was dripping oil, paintjob was crap, crunching 2nd gear, engine was not performing well on the single carb etc etc. In his description the car was restored (new shocks, new paint, no rust, strong engine etc) but stupid enough I did no PPI and did the payment outside Ebay. Tried to contact ebay but soon after his account disappeared, phonecalls left unanswered (old lady on the phone saying that she didn’t know any Danny H…. – just google)

Anyway I invested some money but still the car wasn’t good enough for me and sold it with a loss (informed the new owner about the flaws of the car).
Perhaps being a fool I’m on the hunt once again but it is stronger than myself. I will now only buy from longtime forummembers, will arrange PPI etc. Perhaps still not 100% watertight but ok, will see.

If anyone has for sale a nice 1973 2.0 in good condition pls let me know. I like the flashy colors like Olympia blue, orange and red but would consider other ones as well (no black). Prefer the fuchs wheels and centerconsole. Rips in seats, no problem I can re-upholster myself. Allergic to rust and mechanical issues so that part should be sorted. Don’t care much about originality as long as it is done properly. Seller has to be patience cause I need to arrange PPI, get a shipper, make payment etc . I’m an honest buyer but I can’t get it all done in one day.

The car I like very much is the red one fm Ontario/Canada but price is a bit too high (need to ship it, import etc). Don’t want to make an offer as I perhaps offend the seller (if the car is really as good as he describes then he will get it sold local). Budget about 15 K (with a little stretch for the right car). I don’t expect concours condition (ofcourse not) but I sometimes see cars sell really quick within my budget which I like.

If somebody out here has one for sale which is not advertised yet, or can assist somehow I would highly appreciate. No links to craiglist ads of sellers you don't know pls.

Final note: like the 944 s2 convertible (had one years ago but sold it to finance another project) as well but I don’t think that anybody of the aircooled lovers here has one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Thks in advance
Dax

Theres a nice , and seems to be honest car, ad here, a blue one 73 2.0 , needs paint, but seems honest car, honest ad
+Quote Post
liebe
post Jul 14 2017, 07:59 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 14,357

QUOTE(dax1969 @ Jul 14 2017, 10:32 AM) *

Greetings fm Belgium,

Thks in advance
Dax

Found the advert

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=313036
+Quote Post
dax1969
post Jul 14 2017, 10:25 AM
Post #13

Thks, I've seen that one. Prefer to spend a bit more with less work (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I must say that I rceived already a few interesting pm's. Will keep you posted

[/quote]

Found the advert

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=313036
[/quote]
+Quote Post
RFoulds
post Jul 14 2017, 02:30 PM
Post #14

Green Teen 66

Member No.: 10,656
Region Association: Southwest Region

I might sell mine. 74 2.0, Bahia Red. Fuch wheels, shorter center console to allow for a/c
+Quote Post
carr914
post Jul 14 2017, 07:46 PM
Post #15

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

QUOTE(dax1969 @ Jul 14 2017, 07:20 AM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 14 2017, 12:50 PM) *

Ah he IS well known to you guys...
Was fortunate that the usd/euro was excellent so didn't loose too much but just the feeling alone.... very cautious now..
Lesson learned (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This is the last message I got from Danny (NSFW)

"I will clue you in about somthing, That none of your click new abouty, The whole time that you boys were running your bullsit bad seller routine, Just to keep the people who you have been living off buying from you boys, I sent 20 parts out in good faith, If your a little slow i will spell it out for you, That means i send the part out even before they pay for it, Do you understand that, 22 parts were being deliverded to people as you boys sat their and bad mouthed me and the buisness and everything under the sun, I had so many emails from members who could not beleive you guys were really saying this crap, When i am Taking the risk of loosing thousands of dollars, You see here is what i know, The majority of 9145 guys arent skum bags like you, You guys screwed youselves while everybody watched your guys tv show, I wish i could show you how hard i am laughing at you all, You guys screwewd yourselves in front of thousands of whitnesse sayin what the hell are these jerk off talking abou, Then alot of them got pissed off because they are just people like me want a decent part for a decent price, I really apreciate the laughs evertime i tell this story, Go hide you heads, ha ha ha ha ha ha And by the way I Did around $ 600.00 in sales today every one was from the club, Have a great new year einstein,"

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
carr914
post Jul 14 2017, 07:57 PM
Post #16

Racer from Birth

dax, I would sell you mine, but I think it is out of your Price Range.

It is the current Car of the Month (Voted in, but yet to be put on the Homepage (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) )

I'm going to have my Knee Replaced within the next Month which means I won't be able to play with it for 6 months (not like I have ever driven it much). I have other projects to work on anyway!

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
euro911
post Jul 15 2017, 12:04 PM
Post #17

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

Nice Triad, TC (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

Good luck with the knee surgery (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
carr914
post Jul 15 2017, 08:33 PM
Post #18

Racer from Birth

QUOTE(euro911 @ Jul 15 2017, 02:04 PM) *

Nice Triad, TC (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

Good luck with the knee surgery (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Thanks, this will be Surgery # 10 on this Knee! It was my White Man Jumping Knee - I High Jumped 6'8" in High School ( I'm 6' Tall)!

+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Jul 18 2017, 11:33 PM
Post #19

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

I have a friend who has a 73 2.0 - all the "S" components. Phoenix Red. Paint is rough in a couple spots, but mostly fine in others. The car has an upgraded sway bar likely Weltmeister, and I believe Konis. Momo steering wheel. Runs great and is fun to drive. He doesn't want to sell it right away, but likely would in the upper teens.

Good luck with your search!
+Quote Post
RFoulds
post Jul 19 2017, 12:05 PM
Post #20

Green Teen 66

Member No.: 10,656
Region Association: Southwest Region

I sent details on my next car for sale, no reply.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:18 PM