Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS: 914-6 GT Brakes
Bernie B
post Sep 19 2017, 11:55 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,548

914-6 GT Brakes. 908 type front calipers, vented front rotors, Spaced 914-6 GT rear calipers and extremely rare NOS / NLA 914-6 GT vented rea brake rotors. These rotors are true 914-6 GT as they are properly spaced for the caliper and do not have the inner brake drum for the 911 E-Brake. Everything is reconditioned with new seals and the rotors are new. $8,000.00 plus shipping & PayPal

Thx,
Bernie bbuschen@comcast.net

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Sep 20 2017, 08:13 AM
Post #2

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

How are the rear GT rotors different from 911 rear rotors that are 20mm thick?
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Sep 20 2017, 08:27 AM
Post #3

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Sep 20 2017, 10:13 AM) *

I thought Eric Shea said the GT rotors are still available for $350/pair. In any case, the sales price of this set is at least 2-3 times the normal price for these parts. The rear calipers come up for sale at least once a month and the fronts are available from pmb. Everybody’s entitled to make a profit but these prices are crazy high.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
11tenths
post Sep 20 2017, 08:58 AM
Post #4

Ve get too soon old, und too late schmart

Member No.: 15,026
Region Association: North East States

You have to remove approx 6mm from the overall diameter to fit inside the 914-6 GT calipers.

Cost me $125 to have them cut.

-Harry
+Quote Post
mountainroads
post Sep 20 2017, 09:34 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 14,145
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 20 2017, 07:27 AM) *

I thought Eric Shea said the GT rotors are still available for $350/pair. In any case, the sales price of this set is at least 2-3 times the normal price for these parts. The rear calipers come up for sale at least once a month and the fronts are available from pmb. Everybody’s entitled to make a profit but these prices are crazy high.

Not to step in the middle, but genuine 914-6 GT rotors are extremely hard to come by. Trust me - I tried to find a pair and the guy I knew who had 2 sets (not Bernie), politely declined to part with his spare pair. As noted by seller, originals make no provision for the 911 drum e-brake. Eric Shea rebuilt my calipers and told me vented rears were unnecessary from a functional standpoint, as I was interested in converting at the time.

As to price: It's only crazy if you don't get it. Someone wanting to make a "proper" 914-6 GT ?? Just my .02.

- MR
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Sep 20 2017, 09:46 AM
Post #6

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(mountainroads @ Sep 20 2017, 11:34 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 20 2017, 07:27 AM) *

Not to step in the middle, but genuine 914-6 GT rotors are extremely hard to come by. Trust me - I tried to find a pair and the guy I knew who had 2 sets (not Bernie), politely declined to part with his spare pair. As noted by seller, originals make no provision for the 911 drum e-brake. Eric Shea rebuilt my calipers and told me vented rears were unnecessary from a functional standpoint, as I was interested in converting at the time.

As to price: It's only crazy if you don't get it. Someone wanting to make a "proper" 914-6 GT ?? Just my .02.

- MR

I get it. I have a couple sets of GT front and rear calipers and we have a set of real, not reproduction 908 calipers, at the shop. What I am saying is, anyone can buy all the parts being sold here for half the advertised price. Give Eric Shea a call, send him $4k and I bet he has all the parts in your hands in a week. Paying double that is the crazy part. If Eric can’t do it for $4k, I sure can. Give me $8k and you’ll get the real 908 calipers from a 911 ST .
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SixerJ
post Sep 20 2017, 11:55 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 16,042
Region Association: England

For those who are interested, below is an extract from the spare parts manual for the GT braking system

As Bernie says in his original post, proper GT rotors are machined differently. No option for the 911 handbrake & I recall the rotor offset is different to the 911 part number, hence why you need a spacer / machine the rotors to make a regular 911 rotor to work with GT callipers

Differences are well documented in pbase and elsewhere on the world

As MR says, the rotors are well and truly NLA & the real deal for a cock on GT

GLWTS Bernie

Attached Image
+Quote Post
pete000
post Sep 20 2017, 06:32 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 12,094
Region Association: South East States

Nice stuff non the less !
+Quote Post
Bernie B
post Sep 20 2017, 08:43 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 7,548

I usually only do emails and check the forums in the evenings. Quite the surprise on all the activity on this one. I guess it kind of turned into a technical thread with lots of good information. There are several inquiries on various parts of what I put up for sale. I think I have responded to everyone, If not please let me know. Everything hinges on the front calipers, if they are sold I will sell the other parts independently in the order of requests. Here is the parts box and part number of the brake rotors as per SIXERJ’s post.
As you can see by the old part sticker on the Lt. these are NOS, and the new sticker on the Rt. with the bar code is very curious.Attached Image
Thx,
Bernie
+Quote Post
gms
post Sep 22 2017, 08:33 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,785
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 20 2017, 09:27 AM) *

Mark,
Please get me 5 sets of proper GT rear rotors for $350/pair
thanks,
Glenn

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:11 PM