Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Indy 500, Who's going to watch
grantsfo
post May 29 2005, 07:18 PM
Post #61

Arrrrhhhh!

Group: Members
Member No.: 433
Region Association: None

QUOTE (serge914 @ May 29 2005, 03:24 PM)
I only watched part of the race on ABC. Is it me or she is the only one that the cameramans and commentators cared about ? After his accident they didn't even care to tell us who were the others drivers that she eliminated.

I dont know, I think given she is the first woman to lead the Indy 500 (history making event for women) and she was leading the race with 16 to go after a series of pretty serious blunders they gave her the coverage she deserved.

I just loved hearing some of those radio calls to her, like "you can draft the pace car" and as she was running full rich with 16 laps to go and they called out "dont look back" makes you realize how green she is and how much raw driving talent she has.

And while she spun the car on yellow with cold tires her recovery and composure to get back in the race was pretty damn impressive. Think about how much pressure she had on her not only being a woman, but a first time driver at Indy.

I bet there were not too many women race fans across the country who were watching those final laps in their seats. I thought my wife was going to have a stroke!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DblDog
post May 29 2005, 10:06 PM
Post #62

Member No.: 3,578
Region Association: Northern California

Out all day...just watched the race, the compressed version...it came down to fuel management. It would be nice to see a rookie win, even so she still bruised a few egos.
+Quote Post
carreraguy
post May 30 2005, 12:35 AM
Post #63

It's not your dad's 914!

Member No.: 1,256
Region Association: Northern California

Best Indy 500 I've seen a quite a while! I was definitely rooting for Danica; especially after she worked her way back from that rookie pit row stall that set her back to 16th. She definitely proved herself as a racer to be contended with and I think we'll be hearing a lot more about her in the coming months. Her fee for commercial endorsements just got a big boost and you know Rahal/Leeterman is VERY glad they have her under contract for next year!
+Quote Post
Curvie Roadlover
post May 30 2005, 08:00 AM
Post #64

Two trunks are better than one!

Member No.: 42

QUOTE (grantsfo @ May 29 2005, 08:18 PM)
QUOTE (serge914 @ May 29 2005, 03:24 PM)
I only watched part of the race on ABC.  Is it me or she is the only one that the cameramans and commentators cared about ? After his accident they didn't even care to tell us who were the others drivers that she eliminated.

I dont know, I think given she is the first woman to lead the Indy 500 (history making event for women) and she was leading the race with 16 to go after a series of pretty serious blunders they gave her the coverage she deserved.

I just loved hearing some of those radio calls to her, like "you can draft the pace car" and as she was running full rich with 16 laps to go and they called out "dont look back" makes you realize how green she is and how much raw driving talent she has.

And while she spun the car on yellow with cold tires her recovery and composure to get back in the race was pretty damn impressive. Think about how much pressure she had on her not only being a woman, but a first time driver at Indy.

I bet there were not too many women race fans across the country who were watching those final laps in their seats. I thought my wife was going to have a stroke!

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post May 30 2005, 08:45 AM
Post #65

rich herzog

Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

i was very impressed with her condition after the race. she's definitely in great shape.

i mowed the grass yesterday (about an acre...) and i'm still dragging.

but i was 23 -- ahh -- several years ago...
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2024 - 09:17 AM