Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Euro GP, dumbshits
J P Stein
post May 29 2005, 09:42 AM
Post #1

Irrelevant old fart

Group: Members
Member No.: 45
Region Association: None

The dumbshit award goes to Mclaren.
Kimi is going full out with a square front tire....the whole car is shaking like like a dog shitting a peach pit.
Kimi prolly feels safe in his carbon fiber capsule......it's damn near indistructable. The inevitable happens....the suspension
falls apart and off he goes. Fortunately, he's *only* going about 150 when it happens and he's in a relativly safe place.
He hops out & walks away....just like he would have had it ended up in the crowd.

Dear Kimi: We already know you have balls the size of coconuts.....to bad you don't have a brain of the same size.
The same goes for your masters in the pits.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
richardL
post May 29 2005, 10:33 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 201

Problem is, your not allowed to change a tire simply becuase its flat spotted. It has to be a safety issue and it would be a very fine line between when it stops being an inconvenience and when it becomes a safety issue.

You'll notice that the tire never gave way, it was the suspension broke becuase of the vibration under load.

So it was a choice between stopping, getting a new wheel and quite possibly a penalty for an illegal tire change, versus putting up with a vibration until the end and maybe winning. That was the last real test for the wheel, if he had made it around that corner he probably would have made it to the end.

As Steve Matchett said, I think its a pretty dumb rule myself.

Richard
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post May 29 2005, 12:24 PM
Post #3

Irrelevant old fart

There'll be no debate over the "saftey issue" aspect
next time, eh?
+Quote Post
redshift
post May 29 2005, 12:28 PM
Post #4

Bless the Hell out of you!

Member No.: 869

I didn't see it... JP, that decription of the dog poopin a peach pit is completely hilarious.

M
+Quote Post
Air_Cooled_Nut
post May 29 2005, 12:56 PM
Post #5

914 Ronin - 914 owner who lost his 914club.com

Member No.: 584

QUOTE (J P Stein @ May 29 2005, 07:42 AM)
...the whole car is shaking like like a dog shitting a peach pit...

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif) LOL!
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post May 29 2005, 01:45 PM
Post #6

Irrelevant old fart

The problem started about 12 laps from the finish. When they showed slow mo video of it, it was at around 8-9 laps to go and I thought....that's gonna' move everyone up one spot, cause he ain't gonna' stop and it ain't gonna' last.

You could see the A arm moving an inch-inch & a half. Holding on the the wheel musta been like holding on to a jack hammer.
Alonzo woulda got him under braking at some point anyhow, me thinks.

I don't think it's a rule problem. Kimi must have flatspotted that tire a couple times in the same spot (figures) to make one that big. He'd already done his last stop.

Sammy has a gud point. Renault had "special" tires from Michelin. Non-French teams....didn't.
+Quote Post
lapuwali
post May 29 2005, 01:54 PM
Post #7

Not another one!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,743

Sammy, these conspiracy theories about how the FIA favors the French (which someone, it may have been you, espoused before) simply don't hold up under scrutiny. The FIA did nothing to favor Renault in the late 70s and early 80s when they ran the first turbo F1 cars. They did nothing to assist Ligier or Prost in the 70s, 80s, or 90s. As far as I can tell right now, they're not doing Renault any favors, either, just Michelin. They certainly didn't do Renault any favors at Monaco.

No one could have predicted that Bridgestone would fail so badly at conforming to the one-tire rule. The rules were the same for both, so it's Bridgestone's failing, not the FIA's favoritism, that's causing Ferrari's problems. Bridgestone's serious lack of off-season testing has been well-noted multiple times.

The one-tire rule is, by itself, not particularly stupid. It was commonplace as recently as 1980 for F1 cars to go the whole distance on one set of tires by not stopping at all. This race's multiple incidents with tires failing can be blamed largely by the tire manufacturers being caught flat-footed by weather that was far hotter than anyone can remember in the Eifel at this time of year.

Now, I might favor banning carbon fiber for certain items, like suspension pieces (Kimi's suspension bascially just shattered) and other bits that routinely fall off and throw little bits of carbon all over the place. Require something metallic for suspension, wing endplates, barge boards, et al, and there would be far fewer problems like this one. Kimi's car wouldn't have been 100%, but it might have made it to the finish. Were I in Ron Dennis' shoes today, I'm not sure I would have called it any differently. Kimi was only a lap from the finish, and would have very likely finished no worse that 2nd had the suspension held up for that last lap.
+Quote Post
lapuwali
post May 29 2005, 01:57 PM
Post #8

Not another one!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,743

QUOTE (J P Stein @ May 29 2005, 11:45 AM)
Sammy has a gud point. Renault had "special" tires from Michelin. Non-French teams....didn't.

Horseshit. All of the top teams get their own custom tires from Michelin, this was stated multiple times during the last several races. Renault aren't special in this regard. Even so, this doesn't have anything to do with the FIA or the rules structure. Ferrari pretty much dictated the tires Bridgestone offered, and the other Bridgestone teams took whatever they got, for obvious reasons.
+Quote Post
914Timo
post May 30 2005, 01:09 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 137
Region Association: Europe

Dear Kimi: We already know you have balls the size of coconuts.....to bad you don't have a brain of the same size.
The same goes for your masters in the pits.

Its not that simple and he is not stopid. See the rules. Tire chance was not allowed. They took a big risk and this time they loose.

It is not normal that Kimi drives out like he did yesterday. I am sure Alonzo had nothing to do with that. Alonzos comments after the race was stoooooooopid. He said that they press so hard that Kimis car failed. Bullshit. I think MacLaren didnt tell everything. I think Kimi had some kind of braking problems in the car before drove out first time.

I think the rules are now stupid. It looks like Alonzo lost the 2. place in Monaco and Kimi lost the win because of the tires. It looks like the race is now who can drive fastest without tire problems. I hope they will allow the tire chances soon.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2024 - 09:16 AM