Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stolen 3.2 engine, Be on the lookout
76-914
post Dec 26 2017, 09:47 AM
Post #41

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Dec 25 2017, 04:59 PM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 25 2017, 08:49 AM) *

On the other hand, I would never leave a stack of 50+ $100 bills in the back of a pickup that was in a business park. But that's just me.

So, it's Eric's fault? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 25 2017, 07:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Dec 25 2017, 09:59 PM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 25 2017, 08:49 AM) *

On the other hand, I would never leave a stack of 50+ $100 bills in the back of a pickup that was in a business park. But that's just me.

So, it's Eric's fault? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Wow (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

The Motronic is worth the 50 - $100 bills. The engine alone? 150. Let’s blame the victim...

I think what Kevin was saying is any tradesman, which he is, will tell you that he doesn't leave his tools in the back of the truck. Why? Because of thieves. They're always on the lookout. While I do regret this happened to Erc I must say, I don't leave things of value to me unprotected or out there for the picking. And I'll bet Eric doesn't do it again either. An expensive lesson learned. I wouldn't even stay at a Hilton with valuables in the truck. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Dec 26 2017, 10:11 AM
Post #42

I. I. R. C.

Member No.: 439
Region Association: None

I'm sure Eric doesn't need to hear the post loss advice, most of which has probably already gone through his noggin in the wake of all the BS.

Keep on the lookout, that's what's really needed here, not a diatribe on how it could've been prevented.
+Quote Post
Cracker
post Dec 26 2017, 10:18 AM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 11,316
Region Association: South East States

Perry: I do not believe this is for Eric...it is for everyone else who are simply hobbyist at best. If it could happen to a professional - it could happen to Joe-blow and they need to see/read this. I do not believe I have ever seen Eric even post on this thread...engine details (year, numbers, pictures, etc) need to be shared if the "community" is going to help be on the "lookout" - as you suggest. I believe you are reading this wrong...

Tony

QUOTE(Perry Kiehl @ Dec 26 2017, 11:11 AM) *

I'm sure Eric doesn't need to hear the post loss advice, most of which has probably already gone through his noggin in the wake of all the BS.

Keep on the lookout, that's what's really needed here, not a diatribe on how it could've been prevented.
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Dec 26 2017, 11:07 AM
Post #44

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

One of our local 914 guys kept his racecar in his trailer. The trailer was stolen. Two days later, his car was found in a mall parking lot. No sign of the trailer.
+Quote Post
mb911
post Dec 26 2017, 11:28 AM
Post #45

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Just note the engine has no fan/alt assembly on it and has a cone filter in prep of 914 install.

Was messaging Eric this morning.
+Quote Post
raynekat
post Dec 26 2017, 12:43 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,263
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

When I'm traveling and stay in a hotel overnight....everything comes out of the car and up to the room with me at night.

I learned the hard way coming back from Christmas with all my gifts in the back of my van.
Woke up and everything was gone....even my new Christmas undies.
Someone had broken into about a dozen cars over night.

It does take a hard lesson to learn and sometimes what needs to be done isn't the easiest option.
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Dec 26 2017, 01:00 PM
Post #47

I. I. R. C.

Member No.: 439

QUOTE(Cracker @ Dec 26 2017, 08:18 AM) *

Perry: I do not believe this is for Eric...it is for everyone else who are simply hobbyist at best. If it could happen to a professional - it could happen to Joe-blow and they need to see/read this. I do not believe I have ever seen Eric even post on this thread...engine details (year, numbers, pictures, etc) need to be shared if the "community" is going to help be on the "lookout" - as you suggest. I believe you are reading this wrong...

Tony

QUOTE(Perry Kiehl @ Dec 26 2017, 11:11 AM) *

Point taken Tony. As iron sharpens iron (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
dcheek
post Dec 26 2017, 01:07 PM
Post #48

Member No.: 6,103

Something like this seems to happen to someone else, unless it happens to you. Obvious right? But, still shocking and aggravating when you are the victim.

We had our VW Club trailer stolen. Yes, it had a lock on the hitch and was on private property. We found it thanks to someone posting on Facebook with pictures, location etc.
We thought it was gone forever. Social media saved the day.

Here's a picture of the trailer where it was abandoned. Note the perps sprayed over the club graphics with silver paint. Other than some tools, tables and minor items stolen, pretty much everything else was left intact. I guess they didn't own a Volkswagen!
Attached Image
+Quote Post
mb911
post Dec 26 2017, 01:11 PM
Post #49

914 Guru

At this point lets just focus on finding the engine. We have a few tidbits of information.. Be on the look out for a 3.2 no fan alt assembly and cone filter.. Sounds like it was a nice core/possibly not a core at all. So fairly complete engine..
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post Dec 26 2017, 01:53 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068

I hope we get some numbers to be on the lookout for. With social media and LOTS of friends, Eric has a good start on recovering this engine.

That was a pretty lowlife thing to do, I hope the perps get exposed.
+Quote Post
mb911
post Dec 26 2017, 04:10 PM
Post #51

914 Guru

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Dec 26 2017, 11:53 AM) *

I hope we get some numbers to be on the lookout for. With social media and LOTS of friends, Eric has a good start on recovering this engine. That was a pretty lowlife thing to do, I hope the perps get exposed.

There will be no serial number. Much like mine I have no idea what the number is until I need it..
+Quote Post
burton73
post Dec 26 2017, 07:45 PM
Post #52

burton73

Member No.: 7,414

Some one stole my 1973 911s in 1979, 500 miles after I rebuilt the engine. I thought my world had ended. I was made whole by my insurance company AAA but nothing for all the time I had put in rebuilding the Eng. 500 miles before that night, I was just going to change the brake-in oil from the rebuild.

In the car was all my dirty clothing as I lived by myself and it was go to the laundry mat night. I was 27.

Make sure that your car insurance will cover you in almost all situations.

Bob B
+Quote Post
whitetwinturbo
post Dec 26 2017, 07:53 PM
Post #53

Honey, does this wing make my ass look fat?

Member No.: 13,704

First my cool neighbor gets his track car trailer stolen. He buys a new one since it's never recovered. Then his Chevy Diesel pickup gets snatched. He fixes it up, once it's recovered. Last week, you guessed it..........he watches it drive out of his business parking lot on security cam......... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Dec 26 2017, 08:18 PM
Post #54

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 26 2017, 05:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Dec 26 2017, 11:53 AM) *

I hope we get some numbers to be on the lookout for. With social media and LOTS of friends, Eric has a good start on recovering this engine. That was a pretty lowlife thing to do, I hope the perps get exposed.

There will be no serial number. Much like mine I have no idea what the number is until I need it..

Yea, I have no idea what mine is and we don’t keep track at the shop.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Cracker
post Dec 26 2017, 08:50 PM
Post #55

Advanced Member

Member No.: 11,316
Region Association: South East States

Maybe now would be a good time to start, eh? There is a saying regarding all-things (relating to) insurance...documentation, documentation, documentation! Without it...you are likely screwed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

Tony

QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 26 2017, 09:18 PM) *

Yea, I have no idea what mine is and we don’t keep track at the shop.
+Quote Post
GeorgeRud
post Dec 26 2017, 10:04 PM
Post #56

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,482

Eric posted some shots from local cameras of a white pickup with a tradesman back on it. Hopefully that will help track the culprit down.
+Quote Post
Unobtanium-inc
post Dec 26 2017, 10:46 PM
Post #57

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,276

Theft is one of those things that is impossible to plan for, or prevent if the thieves are good. In High School my Scirocco got stolen in the school parking lot, they had it cranked and driving out of the lot in minutes, I had a club (remember those?) and an alarm, and the whole football team was watching, even Ryan Seacrest! Yes, he was on the football team.
My brother once foiled the robbers, he hooked a push switch under his carpet that killed the ground to the fuel pump. They came, tried to start it, and failed. Well, they came back three weeks later and dragged the car about 5 blocks and stripped it. If they want it, they will get it.
I hope he finds his engine, but blaming him for doing something wrong is in itself wrong.

---Adam

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
pete-stevers
post Dec 27 2017, 12:38 AM
Post #58

saved from fire!

Member No.: 2,914
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Look guys.. I don't leave bags in my car for junkies or thieves to see at any time either... but thieves are thieves... they will get you if they want, or if they know you have something they might want... for all you assholes that think this is Erics fault, I hope you get your cumuppins... This is a theft, and a theft should be treated as such so keep your eyes out for the culprits, as this could be you at any time. You might keep your stuff locked up, alarmed... they may still try.... This very well may have been someone who knew what was in that truck.
+Quote Post
TravisNeff
post Dec 27 2017, 06:23 PM
Post #59

914 Guru

Member No.: 447
Region Association: Southwest Region

That's super shitty. Sorry to hear this Erc. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
jmitro
post Dec 27 2017, 11:05 PM
Post #60

Member No.: 18,986

QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Dec 27 2017, 12:38 AM) *
for all you assholes that think this is Erics fault, I hope you get your cumuppins...

easy there killer. Nobody said it was Eric's fault.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2024 - 09:01 PM