Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Thank you Mark DeBernardi!!!, Thanks for all of Mark DeBernardi's help
pisces914
post Jun 7 2005, 07:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,988

Hey Guys, This is late in coming, but I wanted to post a grateful thank you and strong recommendation for Mark DeBernardi and his shop in Napa, California

In short, i screwed up when i installed a Triad exhaust (highly recommended:)!) and forgot to put the nuts back on the muffler hanger - off to WCC 2, and 800 miles into my journey, I noticed a lot of Swepco dripping out the end of my 914!!!

Mark DeBernardi did a great job accurately diagnosing the problem, and giving me the piece of mind to run the car at Willow Springs and still get back to Seattle (3000 miles total!) - I met up with Mark at his shop in Napa and he helped me take steps to get back to Seattle w/o a hassle.

So 914 folks, if you need a great mechanic in the Napa area, a guy who is there on time, get's the job done, and is reasonably priced, Mark DeBernardi is your man!!!

Also, if you want to buy my old 901 tranny end cap, or just see the damage, check out the following ebay sale, which ends 6/9/05:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMESE%3AIT

Thanks again, brad!!!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 3)
McMark
post Jun 7 2005, 07:39 PM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

Thanks for the kind words. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wub.gif)

Here's the picture from the eBay auction. The arrows I've added point to the intense wear damage. The triangular shape is completely worn away. The wear went through the case and started leaking tranny fluid out. Very intense wear. Make sure your muffler hanger bolts are tight and that the hanger isn't rubbing against the tranny. Glad you made it back without incident Brad.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Leo Imperial
post Jun 8 2005, 01:07 AM
Post #3

Do you have to use so many cuss words?

Member No.: 3,192
Region Association: None

QUOTE (McMark @ Jun 7 2005, 06:39 PM)
Thanks for the kind words. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wub.gif)

Here's the picture from the eBay auction. The arrows I've added point to the intense wear damage. The triangular shape is completely worn away. The wear went through the case and started leaking tranny fluid out. Very intense wear. Make sure your muffler hanger bolts are tight and that the hanger isn't rubbing against the tranny. Glad you made it back without incident Brad.

As far as making it back without incident...Does getting pulled over for 71 in a 55 count as "incident".
Sorry Brad, He was following me. The cop refused to only give me a ticket. Something about if your freinds jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge??? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jun 8 2005, 01:09 AM
Post #4

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

JB weld! Mark is deffinetly one of our assests. WTG man!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2024 - 06:13 AM