Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Structural Rigidity, Anybody used structural foam?
914forme
post Jan 15 2019, 09:10 PM
Post #21

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,388
Region Association: None

@jss297 See the post above Beebo Kanelle has a question? Beebo you can send a notification to a user by using the @Username, does not work for you as you have a space in your name.

hope that helps you get the answer your looking for.

Foam in older cars not good idea. I am a firm believer in foam for structural enhancement, it is used all the time in Marine applications. I used it on the retoration of my boat, installed drain channels into the bilge and then foamed all under deck cavities. But it is fiberglass with wood stringers, and a 3/4" pressure treated deck. I never want to go back and redo the floor on that boat.

I will most likely purchase a different one, and it will most likely have a floor made of pulp, and do it all again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Foam in a car that has rust = bad idea, and all 914s have rust, unless acid dipped metal repaired, proper holes installed and the EDM coated.

Also if you foam the logs, you will crush the paper tubes that are in there to keep the heat going in the proper direction.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2024 - 06:29 AM