Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

61 Pages V « < 59 60 61  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why Didn't You do Anything to Your 914 Today?, or, What the Fuch is Keeping You From Working on it?
JmuRiz
post Oct 25 2024, 02:20 PM
Post #1201

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 50
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Just paid my finish-the-2.8 engine-fund on the balance of my home renovation. Time to save up again and add to my procrastination of finishing my /6 conversion (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
930cabman
post Oct 25 2024, 02:28 PM
Post #1202

Advanced Member

Member No.: 24,877
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Oct 25 2024, 02:20 PM) *

Just paid my finish-the-2.8 engine-fund on the balance of my home renovation. Time to save up again and add to my procrastination of finishing my /6 conversion (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

How far are you to completion?

0ver 30 years ago, I had 2 1954 Speedsters, let them go to finance a cool historic building. In my head I justified the fact I can live in the building, but can't live in the Speedster. The 2 that got away (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
+Quote Post
JmuRiz
post Oct 25 2024, 03:21 PM
Post #1203

914 Guru

Member No.: 50
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

The biggie is the paying to have the 2.8 built...all the parts bought and paid for, just the labor the pay for an expert putting it together. Once that's done, it'll mostly be sweat equity putting everything together and getting some expert friends to baseline it.

I've put off the car project for similar reasons, a house helps 3 of us, and car just one. I did have to sell off my 280c and some motorcycles I'd love to have back...but the 914 will never go.

As for the house, the only part left is turning my screen porch into a 3-season sunroom....hopefully that's just $10k in windows and a lot of labor hours.
+Quote Post

61 Pages V « < 59 60 61
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th October 2024 - 02:50 AM