Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Youtube with several 914s, Mentioned for sale soon
ndfrigi
post Jan 2 2020, 04:32 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,474
Region Association: Southern California

Just saw this one day old posted youtube and mentioned 914s will be for sale soon.
Maybe a member here?

https://youtu.be/yYfUOoWgs_E
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jrblackbox
post Jan 2 2020, 05:04 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 19,140
Region Association: None

Now that's a serious addiction!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
sb914
post Jan 2 2020, 06:10 AM
Post #3

Surf Guru

Member No.: 15,191

Voice sounds like @cuddy k
+Quote Post
mb911
post Jan 2 2020, 06:29 AM
Post #4

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Wow that is a treasure trove..
+Quote Post
gereed75
post Jan 2 2020, 09:30 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 15,674
Region Association: North East States

I have seen several of these types of stashes. Always makes me think that there is way more of this stuff out there than anyone will ever need. Although I realize that there are some items that are are very rare, there is not much that is really un- obtainium.

Just a matter of getting it out there in the light of day (and for sale)
+Quote Post
pete000
post Jan 2 2020, 10:23 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 12,094
Region Association: South East States

Some great cars and engines. pretty clean shop but too full to do any actual work on any of them.
+Quote Post
Unobtanium-inc
post Jan 2 2020, 10:44 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,276

It all depends on price. If you could get everything for a decent price you could probably sell off 1/3 of the stuff, the best third, and end up with 1-2 cool cars for yourself, and a lot of parts to back up your projects.

But buying a large stash can be a lot harder than most people think. I wrote this story about one such buy, gives some good insight into the enormity of such a buy.

https://www.pca.org/news/2017-12-07/barnfin...rsche-barn-find

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
9144me2enjoy
post Jan 2 2020, 11:31 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 22,240
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Interested parties might be able to make some connection with the buyer through grampy80517@gmail.com which was viewed at the end of the video! Good luck
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Jan 2 2020, 01:30 PM
Post #9

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

holy crap! those do not appear to be a bunch of rusted out junk either, motors alone are probably worth more than all the 914's. well there are to LE's but still! jackpot!
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Jan 2 2020, 02:23 PM
Post #10

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Jan 2 2020, 02:30 PM) *

holy crap! those do not appear to be a bunch of rusted out junk either, motors alone are probably worth more than all the 914's. well there are to LE's but still! jackpot!

There's some serious money lurking in that garage!
+Quote Post
Craigers17
post Jan 2 2020, 03:03 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 21,317

Ian will have to chime in, but that may very well be him narrating this. I'm. Pretty sure this shop is in Denver, N.C., which is the same city he had his recent "ordeal" in.....not saying it's the same shop. Apparently, there are multiple 914 shops in the area.

I can tell you this guy regularly posts on The Samba, in both his locations... one in N.C. and one in Colorado. He seemingly wants to work on the cars he's selling, before he sells them. I've made a few offers before on that "06" car, but we never seem to get anywhere.

It might be me...might be him....he's a nice enough guy on the phone, and seems to have a lot of experience. That's all I know for what it's worth.
+Quote Post
Unobtanium-inc
post Jan 2 2020, 04:54 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Craigers17 @ Jan 2 2020, 01:03 PM) *

Ian will have to chime in, but that may very well be him narrating this. I'm. Pretty sure this shop is in Denver, N.C., which is the same city he had his recent "ordeal" in.....not saying it's the same shop. Apparently, there are multiple 914 shops in the area.

I can tell you this guy regularly posts on The Samba, in both his locations... one in N.C. and one in Colorado. He seemingly wants to work on the cars he's selling, before he sells them. I've made a few offers before on that "06" car, but we never seem to get anywhere.

It might be me...might be him....he's a nice enough guy on the phone, and seems to have a lot of experience. That's all I know for what it's worth.

What incident? I only know of one guy in Denver who does Porsche, I had a deal go bad with him. Might be the same guy.
+Quote Post
Craigers17
post Jan 2 2020, 05:29 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 21,317

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Jan 2 2020, 05:54 PM) *

QUOTE(Craigers17 @ Jan 2 2020, 01:03 PM) *

What incident? I only know of one guy in Denver who does Porsche, I had a deal go bad with him. Might be the same guy.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying Ian has ever dealt with this particular shop and it's none of my business. I just connected him with the area based upon his previous thread about trying to get his engine back from a shop in that area, coupled with the above comment that the narration sounds like him. Again, I'm sure he'll chime in if he assisted in the video.

Also, I don't want to throw shade at this shop. I was just not able to make a deal. It takes two tango though, and I'm sure I could have bought the car if I threw enough coin at it. That said, this is the guy who is currently advertising at least 2 914's for sale on The Samba. One in N.C. and one in Estes Park, CO.

+Quote Post
iankarr
post Jan 2 2020, 05:45 PM
Post #14

The wrencher formerly known as Cuddy_K

Member No.: 18,749
Region Association: Intermountain Region

I didn't narrate this, but it's nice that people are associating me with 914 videos (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

I did have an ordeal in Denver, NC. which is still playing out. Since it seems there's more than one 914 shop in that small town, the initials of the guy I've been dealing with are JF. I don't want to wirte his full name at this point because it will come up in searches forever and I'm giving him the chance to make things right.

I saw this youtube video and emailed "Grampy". He called and gave me an overview on the cars. Sounds like he's just representing the seller. When he mentioned Denver NC, the first thing I asked is if he was related or affiliated with JF and he said "no", but he's used him to build engines.

FWIW, Grampy told me the bumblebee was matching numbers and I asked if he had a COA. He said no. I then asked how he knew the engine was matching and he said "by the VIN". Caveat emptor...
+Quote Post
jmitro
post Jan 2 2020, 05:56 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 18,986

hey, quit hoarding all the good cars and parts!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jan 2 2020, 06:04 PM
Post #16

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Jan 2 2020, 11:44 AM) *

It all depends on price. If you could get everything for a decent price you could probably sell off 1/3 of the stuff, the best third, and end up with 1-2 cool cars for yourself, and a lot of parts to back up your projects.

But buying a large stash can be a lot harder than most people think. I wrote this story about one such buy, gives some good insight into the enormity of such a buy.

We did a big haul from Len's old shop in Stow MA. A 42' trailer and a 25' uhaul box truck. Trailer was so loaded up it bottomed out the springs. It took 6 guys a day to load and weeks to unload, sort, clean and store. Took up a ton of shop space and cost a lot of man hours. We're taking 25-911 transmissions, 3-911 engines, 25-911 engine cases, 35-356 engine cases, 200-911 heads and lots of other stuff.

I'm sure Adam has this down to a science but you can't imagine how much time and resources it takes. Most of the stuff was 356 and 911. Other than 3 - 914-6 engines and trans, most of the 914 stuff was tossed. It would have been a money loser to even touch it.

+Quote Post
Unobtanium-inc
post Jan 2 2020, 10:19 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 2 2020, 04:04 PM) *

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Jan 2 2020, 11:44 AM) *

We did a big haul from Len's old shop in Stow MA. A 42' trailer and a 25' uhaul box truck. Trailer was so loaded up it bottomed out the springs. It took 6 guys a day to load and weeks to unload, sort, clean and store. Took up a ton of shop space and cost a lot of man hours. We're taking 25-911 transmissions, 3-911 engines, 25-911 engine cases, 35-356 engine cases, 200-911 heads and lots of other stuff.

I'm sure Adam has this down to a science but you can't imagine how much time and resources it takes. Most of the stuff was 356 and 911. Other than 3 - 914-6 engines and trans, most of the 914 stuff was tossed. It would have been a money loser to even touch it.

The science is that this is all we do, our shop doesn't do outside work, so there is no billable hours being lost. But yes, a large stash can be brutal in terms of time, money, etc. Especially if it's very far away from home. We did a large deal this time last year in TX, so after two long days of loading, we had three really long days of driving. Then unloading, sorting, etc. But every once in awhile you have fun and ride an engine or two.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Unobtanium-inc
post Jan 2 2020, 10:21 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE(cuddy_k @ Jan 2 2020, 03:45 PM) *

I didn't narrate this, but it's nice that people are associating me with 914 videos (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

I did have an ordeal in Denver, NC. which is still playing out. Since it seems there's more than one 914 shop in that small town, the initials of the guy I've been dealing with are JF. I don't want to wirte his full name at this point because it will come up in searches forever and I'm giving him the chance to make things right.

I saw this youtube video and emailed "Grampy". He called and gave me an overview on the cars. Sounds like he's just representing the seller. When he mentioned Denver NC, the first thing I asked is if he was related or affiliated with JF and he said "no", but he's used him to build engines.

FWIW, Grampy told me the bumblebee was matching numbers and I asked if he had a COA. He said no. I then asked how he knew the engine was matching and he said "by the VIN". Caveat emptor...

Did he give you any idea on price?
+Quote Post
914_7T3
post Jan 2 2020, 10:45 PM
Post #19

Please forgive me, I'm new to all of this!

Member No.: 20,991

Not sure what is legit and what isn't anymore. However, it appears that Grampy has got a nice rear trunk pad at 01:44 of the video that I would like to have for my Resto project.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)
+Quote Post
ndfrigi
post Jan 2 2020, 11:05 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,474

Not sure if everyone heard that Professor Grampy (who did the video) mentioned Peter’s empire at :11 seconds that is probably the owner of those nice 914s.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 06:20 PM