Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> London bombing
ClayPerrine
post Jul 7 2005, 01:40 PM
Post #61

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

I have always thought of the relationship between the UK and the US as a Father/Son relationship. Like any father/son relationship, you didn't like it when we wanted to go out on our own (1776), but you finally let us go (1812). Things were a little strained between us for a while.

We grew up and we came back home to help out with some rotten neighbors a few years ago (1914) and when that same neighbor started acting up again (1941)
we showed back up to help again. You came to our assistance when we got suckerpunched (2001). Now you have been hit. Remember, we are family, and we are there for you.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lyressa Roberts
post Jul 7 2005, 01:44 PM
Post #62

Leo Imperial and Logan Apollo...my terrors.

Group: Members
Member No.: 741

Welcome Viralto. I wish your first post was under a more upbeat situation too. I actually had to stop reading your post for a few seconds to get myself together...I'm glad you're ok and made a change in your plans.
+Quote Post
Dead Air
post Jul 7 2005, 01:50 PM
Post #63

Member No.: 2,042

How terrible! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/sad.gif)

To specifically seek to maime and kill civilians and non combatants has a special kind of cruelty and cowardace. That's the part that freaks me out the most. Just for attention? How could any person possibly think that their agenda could be forwarded by an act so scummy?
Do they get some kind of sick, sociopathic thrill out of it?
I don't understand.
+Quote Post
914GT
post Jul 7 2005, 02:06 PM
Post #64

Member No.: 2,923
Region Association: Southwest Region

Apparently, the religion of peace doesn't get along with the Buddhists either.
+Quote Post
redshift
post Jul 7 2005, 02:44 PM
Post #65

Bless the Hell out of you!

Member No.: 869

QUOTE (914GT @ Jul 7 2005, 11:20 AM)
Here is an example of what's been going on in the UK.

Yes, the British government is very helpful to terrorist.

I don't get it. Bad people, are bad people... I don't care what they look like, what they eat, who they pray to, or what their beef is...

It's unfortunate that we take this shit, and play the game about not calling eeeeeeeeee by eeeeeeeeeee's fucking name...

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)

Human rights end somewhere.

M
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Jul 7 2005, 03:13 PM
Post #66

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696
Region Association: None

Hopefully, your statements translate to "you're gonna take the MFers out when you know who they are".

Without prejudice, of course.
+Quote Post
Katmanken
post Jul 7 2005, 03:58 PM
Post #67

You haven't seen me if anybody asks...

Member No.: 819
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I am sorry to hear of the tragedy and my heart goes out to all the innocent people murdered and maimed by the insane individuals.

Be ironic if one of the perpetratorsl was one of those terrorists the Brits demanded from Gitmo, welcomed them back (in the UK), and then released them.

+Quote Post
914GT
post Jul 7 2005, 04:21 PM
Post #68

From the UK newpaper story I linked earlier from back in January:

"Omar Bakri Mohammed, the radical Syrian-born cleric, said that if the British Government did not relax its tough anti- terrorism laws, the response from Muslims would be “horrendous”."

From the news today, an Islamic group claiming responsibility:

"We warned the British government and the British people repeatedly. We have carried out our promise and carried out a military attack in Britain after great efforts by the heroic mujahedeen over a long period to ensure its success."

Maybe Mr. Mohammed and his buddies should have been rounded up a long time ago. This latest bombing was well planned. I'd say at least 6 months of planning.
+Quote Post
redshift
post Jul 7 2005, 04:45 PM
Post #69

Gosh, I'd hate to blame someone.

M
+Quote Post
redshift
post Jul 7 2005, 06:55 PM
Post #70

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smilie_pokal.gif)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/cool.gif)

The religion part is a ruse, ignore it.

Here comes a big thread lock
+Quote Post
jimtab
post Jul 7 2005, 07:14 PM
Post #71

Advanced Member

Member No.: 91
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE (itsa914 @ Jul 7 2005, 07:41 AM)
QUOTE (SLITS @ Jul 7 2005, 07:24 AM)
QUOTE (914GT @ Jul 7 2005, 08:20 AM)
Here is an example of what's been going on in the UK.

two cement blocks, tied to his ankles, dropped in the ocean......he can talk all the way down.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/agree.gif)

I wonder how these people can have these "rallies / confrence / whatever" in our country or elsewhere and not end up on the receiving end of a gun cleaning accident.

BANG BANG BANG .........Oops, didn't know it was loaded
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/fighting19.gif)

Simple, this is a FREE country by and large, if you want a country where this is not possible, I submit that you should look into Saudia Arabia or other countries where divergent opinion is prosecuted, like it used to be in the USSR, you remember, alias "the great Satan". If you want to be able to have YOUR say, then you must allow others to have THEIRS. That's the way it was set up. That's the way I like it.
+Quote Post
TimT
post Jul 7 2005, 07:27 PM
Post #72

retired

Member No.: 313

Alfreds back>>>father alfred..

the narrow minded pablum and politics this person inists on bringing to this BBS are not welcome here

admins make him gone again

I feel for those people and there familes, I lost people close to me on 9/11. I was a few miles as the crow flies from the towers when they came down. Saw it from an interesting view point, on top of a bridge I was working on.

Like other have said London (UK) is more well prepared in dealing with these things than we are

Ill make a moment of silence for the victims and the families

+Quote Post
914GT
post Jul 7 2005, 07:36 PM
Post #73

QUOTE (jimtab @ Jul 7 2005, 06:14 PM)
Simple, this is a FREE country by and large, if you want a country where this is not possible, I submit that you should look into Saudia Arabia or other countries where divergent opinion is prosecuted, like it used to be in the USSR, you remember, alias "the great Satan".  If you want to be able to have YOUR say, then you must allow others to have THEIRS.  That's the way it was set up.  That's the way I like it.

'Divergent opinion' includes people who celebrate suicide bombers? Or those that encourage children to be suicide bombers? Maybe we should do like the UK and let more of these people in the country? I think having an opinion is one thing, but encouraging terrorism is quite another.
+Quote Post
richardL
post Jul 7 2005, 07:38 PM
Post #74

Member No.: 201

QUOTE (redshift @ Jul 7 2005, 05:55 PM)

well said Miles, (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/agree.gif)

England is generally a very well integrated society. These people have nothing to do with the general population, nor with any religion - its just a good excuse.

As someone said earlier - I hope all the 72 virgins are called 'Bubba' (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)

Richard
+Quote Post
jimtab
post Jul 7 2005, 08:09 PM
Post #75

Advanced Member

Member No.: 91
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE (914GT @ Jul 7 2005, 05:36 PM)
QUOTE (jimtab @ Jul 7 2005, 06:14 PM)
Simple, this is a FREE country by and large, if you want a country where this is not possible, I submit that you should look into Saudia Arabia or other countries where divergent opinion is prosecuted, like it used to be in the USSR, you remember, alias "the great Satan".  If you want to be able to have YOUR say, then you must allow others to have THEIRS.  That's the way it was set up.  That's the way I like it.

'Divergent opinion' includes people who celebrate suicide bombers? Or those that encourage children to be suicide bombers? Maybe we should do like the UK and let more of these people in the country? I think having an opinion is one thing, but encouraging terrorism is quite another.

Divergent opinion is EXACTLY these things, if they weren't provoking then we wouldn't be discussing them...but they're just opinions and I support the right of all of us to have them. On the other hand, when one decides to commit mayhem in furtherance of his opinion, whether that person is an extremist moslem killing innocents or an extremist christian killing abortion doctors...then they deserve justice, swift and final. By the way, that's my opinion.
+Quote Post
914GT
post Jul 7 2005, 08:21 PM
Post #76

QUOTE (jimtab @ Jul 7 2005, 07:09 PM)
On the other hand, when one decides to commit mayhem in furtherance of his opinion, whether that person is an extremist moslem killing innocents or an extremist christian killing abortion doctors...then they deserve justice, swift and final. By the way, that's my opinion.

So in other words, you want to wait until something happens then prosecute them later.
+Quote Post
tat2dphreak
post Jul 7 2005, 08:31 PM
Post #77

stoya, stoya, stoya

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 792

QUOTE (redshift @ Jul 7 2005, 07:55 PM)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smilie_pokal.gif)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/cool.gif)

Here comes a big thread lock

I agree miles, true muslims lookk down on this act as the travesty it is, same as everyone else... it's a shame that people lump all muslims in with terrorists...

that's like them lumping christians in with the KKK, IRA and Alfred... btw, hi dickwad! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/finger.gif)

I tend to lump these groups more with the manson family and other psycho kool-aid bastards that lead weak minded cults of people under the pretense of something they believe in... someone who blows themself up is not acting on any god's behalf, he's acting on the behalf of a man, and he's too weak to think for himself...
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Jul 7 2005, 08:51 PM
Post #78

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

FYI..... I get another point in "Whack-an-Alfred" game!!!! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)

Folks.. this is getting very close to politics. This thread is to express our sympathy for the folks in London hurt or killed today. Let's tone down the political retoric so I don't have to lock it.

That would suck.

+Quote Post
BPGREER
post Jul 7 2005, 09:02 PM
Post #79

Member No.: 2,857

My wife and I were just in London about 3 weeks ago. Wonderful city. The people were unexpectedly kind and outgoing. This is a truely sad day. It is no less important than 9/11, as it's act is equally cowardly in nature. When will we learn...
+Quote Post
Maltese Falcon
post Jul 7 2005, 10:05 PM
Post #80

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,755

Since 9/11 I've had these eerie gut feelings- call it my 6th sense (whatever) of Mr. Bin's next one here. With the seemless never ending supply of suicide bombers waiting for their missions, a world glut supply of black market C4 and training on wiring up bombs ( Time magazine jihad interview about 2 weeks ago), It's getting way harder to "Pre-empt" and target the enemy. Having sleeper cells living amounst us in the West , just planning and honing their skills for their day of mayhem. Our current campaign in Iraq may never instill democracy on Iraqis, but the coalition forces are learning a totally new type of warfare: real time data needed in order to deal with an enemy on their level. It's not a matter of "If this comes West...but when".
England will learn to deal a swift blow to their evil-doers, and it will be relentless.
The English SAS came to be in a time when conventional tactics no longer could cut it. The SAS also contributed to the training of many of todays G8 countries unconventional warfare tactics forces. Mr. Bin's stuff is stealthier than the "Round up the usual suspects" crap.
Israel's Mosad doesn't take names and kick a**, there are no arrests, jailings or trials when they come to town: Problem solved.
Hey people , wake up - we are at war, and our freedoms are hanging out there for all of us to protect.
If you can read this> thank a teacher.
If you can read this in English> thank a soldier.
MF
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2024 - 11:40 PM