Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> So the wife has decided she wants a pink 914
Mikey914
post Jun 27 2020, 09:44 PM
Post #1

The rubber man

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

Yes,
Pink. Bubblegum to be exact. So I can't see stripping down one of my cars to do this, but if she's in I know she will be much more understanding when I want to do upgrades. SO I'm thinking yes. I'm more of a stock kid of guy, maybe bigger engine and some tasteful performance and handing upgrades, but the pink thing will be it's own animal. I'll keep ya'll posted as this progresses (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
thelogo
post Jun 27 2020, 10:30 PM
Post #2

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 11,572

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 27 2020, 08:44 PM) *

Yes,
Pink. Bubblegum to be exact. So I can't see stripping down one of my cars to do this, but if she's in I know she will be much more understanding when I want to do upgrades. SO I'm thinking yes. I'm more of a stock kid of guy, maybe bigger engine and some tasteful performance and handing upgrades, but the pink thing will be it's own animal. I'll keep ya'll posted as this progresses (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

I thought everyone wanted the strawberry
Color .... I know i would
. rarest of all colors
+Quote Post
Matty900
post Jun 27 2020, 11:09 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 18,454
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Maybe you can get (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) @Kansas 914 to sell you his pink 914
+Quote Post
FlacaProductions
post Jun 28 2020, 12:31 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 21,628
Region Association: Southern California

This would have been perfect....
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/det....php?id=2372746
+Quote Post
mlindner
post Jun 28 2020, 05:48 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 13,770
Region Association: Upper MidWest

You could do a nice pink vinyl rap.
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Jun 28 2020, 06:20 AM
Post #6

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

I would vinyl wrap the exterior pink. I would not paint a complete 914 pink. I understand your dilemma. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
theer
post Jun 28 2020, 07:02 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 19,014
Region Association: North East States

Or, you can always mimic “die Sau” butcher cuts design Porsche has used on their race cars over the years.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jun 28 2020, 08:57 AM
Post #8

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(mlindner @ Jun 28 2020, 07:48 AM) *

You could do a nice pink vinyl rap.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Jun 28 2020, 09:56 AM
Post #9

The rubber man

The Die Sau was ruled out, she wants a bubblegum pink.
Your gonna love this too. The seats she wants pink and white cow print. At least I know guy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
She's thinking it would be an awesome autocross car.

Hey, if she's into it. I'll help make that happen

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Betty
post Jun 28 2020, 09:56 AM
Post #10

Driver

Member No.: 3,255
Region Association: South East States

Speaking as a person of the female persuasion... I don't understand some of the posts sometimes. I've read complaints such as "I can't get a kitchen pass" or “now I've gotta figure out how to hide the new parts from the other half" etc.

Somebody says "the wife has decided she wants a pink 914" and some of the responses are put a pink wrap on the car?!?!?! A significant other expressed a desire to be included (in a big way) in the 914 obsession and some of the responses are to not jump in with both feet and show them how happy it makes you that they're interested in coming over to your 'Dark Side'? When your significant other says they want to participate, you don't immediately start off implying you don't believe them or you think they'll change their mind later... "lets make it reversible, just in case" (a la wrapping the car instead of painting it).

They might not have an opinion at this point other than "I want one in pink" (maybe because they don't understand all of the choices they will be presented with, or maybe they truly don't care what engine is in it) but if you jump in and commit and continue to keep them involved in "THEIR car" by presenting them with choices for THEM to make throughout the process - you're going to end up with a significant other that feels involved and personally invested in what is now BOTH of your interest. They will also continue to feel involved when they’re able to talk about THEIR car at a 914 event beyond "well, I picked out the body color but that's all I did".

How about instead, that first response being something along the lines of "I've never thought about having a pink car ... but it sounds like it would be FUN. In fact, I heard that one year Playboy gave pink 914's to their Playboy bunnies, maybe you can name him or her "Bunny". Not only did you tell them they had a cool idea, but they already have a second decision to make (what to name the car).

Sure, they might not have opinions on lots of stuff, like how big an engine, adjustable shocks or not, or Bridgestone versus Yokahama. Sure, you could choose to be frustrated by their lack of opinions. Or... instead you choose those as your opportunities to make decisions about their car which results in - it couldn't have been created without the both of you.

Now... I’m not really a ‘pink’ person, but I happen to know for a fact you can get pink seat belts. Seats and steering wheel can be done in black with pink stitching (heck, pink with black stitching). Headrests can be inset with pink anything the heck they want. Do they want the windshield wiper arms painted body color or black? Do they like the look of vinyl on the Targa band or would they like it painted body color? Do they like the way American lenses look or do they prefer Euro? Do they want a pink air freshener hanging from the rear view mirror or not? Those decisions can be big or small... doesn't matter, they're making decisions about THEIR car.

I'm not trying to rag on any specific person at all!!!!!!!!!! I just read the thread and felt compelled to hop in (heh, heh, heh… she made a bunny joke) and give a significant other's point of view. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

P.S.: I've seen a few cars done in various shades of pink with a heavy pearl - they were absolutely beautiful. Show her how whichever pink she picks out would look in pearl too! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Jun 28 2020, 10:00 AM
Post #11

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24

Paint it Pink!!! Like 55 T bird pink

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Jun 28 2020, 10:07 AM
Post #12

The rubber man

I'm sorry if my "tone" may not have been anything less than 100% supportive here.

I honestly had never envisioned this. If we can do this together and she genuinely enjoys it it's a win win in my book. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

All I can say is I don't think what she has in mind has been done before.

To bravely go where no man woman has gone before!
+Quote Post
PanelBilly
post Jun 28 2020, 10:07 AM
Post #13

914 Guru

Member No.: 6,488

Get her some bunny ears and a tail too.
+Quote Post
914werke
post Jun 28 2020, 10:28 AM
Post #14

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453

QUOTE(Betty @ Jun 28 2020, 08:56 AM) *
Speaking as a person of the female persuasion... I don't understand some of the posts sometimes.

Betty Thank you for your comments (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) & sometimes this group does forget that its reach is global including all genders (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
That being said I can impart my personal experience with a very analogous request.
Those here that know me well, are aware I am motorcyclist & some time back my wife decided she wanted a Pink bike to ride with me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
After working with her to find & buy the right bike then having it repainted her chosen shade of pink, she used it all of ....one time.
The bike hung around a long time afterward 1st with the promise that it we'd go riding soon,
then when shed relented to let me off it, no one wanted it because of its hue. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)
The moral is simply sometimes, Im not saying this is whats going on in Marks case, but often it is a just a desire to share in a partners passion.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jun 28 2020, 11:17 AM
Post #15

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

More importantly, who is responsible for oil changes and valve adjustments?
+Quote Post
Montreal914
post Jun 28 2020, 11:25 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 12,023
Region Association: Southern California

I think she will have a very cool car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)

I can't wait to see pictures.

914s look great in bright colors (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Jun 28 2020, 11:31 AM
Post #17

ELVIRA

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 481

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 27 2020, 08:44 PM) *

Pink. Bubblegum to be exact. . . . . SO I'm thinking yes. I'm more of a stock kid of guy, maybe bigger engine and some tasteful performance and handing upgrades. . . . I'll keep ya'll posted as this progresses

I know a guy who can get you a good deal on the parts you need. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) Here.
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Jun 28 2020, 11:40 AM
Post #18

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

Taken from this thread:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=43032

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-11-1135115870.jpg)
+Quote Post
Rand
post Jun 28 2020, 11:48 AM
Post #19

Cross Member

Member No.: 3,573

Attached Image

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=330944

+Quote Post
Maltese Falcon
post Jun 28 2020, 12:02 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,755

Ms. Steadman's very cool pink POC racer...and she is a Hot Shoe in that class (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:40 PM