Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Porsche crest or no crest, Let's make this emotional and irrational!
eric9144
post Nov 1 2021, 01:03 PM
Post #81

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,876
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Oct 27 2021, 07:51 AM) *

No badge for me and also remove the rear grill lettering. Not many people around know what a 914 is anyway.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
When i was 16 I was all about the badging, but being in SoCal with all the pinky lifting 911 owners I heard all the trash talk on 914's to the point where it got really old... Thankfully my ego wasn't tied to that and I actually started embracing the NARP thing even more, because I realized how much they underestimated the 914.

Fast forward to my current 914, flared, twinplug 3.8, no hood badge, no grill letters, somewhat of an enigma to the uninitiated and that's how I like it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

I don't think you'll get anyone bashing for badges per say, unelss it's something garishly overdone like on the sail panels, that being said, to each their own--if it's faux pas to assume someone's gender then I'm not going to assume your 914's manufacture origin either (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Van B
post Nov 1 2021, 01:55 PM
Post #82

Member No.: 26,011
Region Association: None

QUOTE(eric9144 @ Nov 1 2021, 03:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Oct 27 2021, 07:51 AM) *

No badge for me and also remove the rear grill lettering. Not many people around know what a 914 is anyway.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
When i was 16 I was all about the badging, but being in SoCal with all the pinky lifting 911 owners I heard all the trash talk on 914's to the point where it got really old... Thankfully my ego wasn't tied to that and I actually started embracing the NARP thing even more, because I realized how much they underestimated the 914.

Fast forward to my current 914, flared, twinplug 3.8, no hood badge, no grill letters, somewhat of an enigma to the uninitiated and that's how I like it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

I don't think you'll get anyone bashing for badges per say, unelss it's something garishly overdone like on the sail panels, that being said, to each their own--if it's faux pas to assume someone's gender then I'm not going to assume your 914's manufacture origin either (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

A real veteran of the SoCal culture wars right here fellas (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif)
+Quote Post
Rick986
post Nov 1 2021, 02:47 PM
Post #83

0-60 in 14 seconds!

Member No.: 25,869
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 29 2021, 05:23 PM) *

QUOTE(Van B @ Oct 29 2021, 03:43 PM) *
That second photo might be the greatest thing on the front of a car, EVER!!!

I beg to differ ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

YES!!!
+Quote Post
windforfun
post Nov 1 2021, 02:55 PM
Post #84

Member No.: 8,476

Who needs a badge? Dirty Harry never used his. Keep it simply stock.
+Quote Post
eric9144
post Nov 1 2021, 05:13 PM
Post #85

Advanced Member

Member No.: 12,876
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Van B @ Nov 1 2021, 12:55 PM) *

A real veteran of the SoCal culture wars right here fellas (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif)

Haha, the Stories are way better when the runt becomes the champion.

TTOD guys at the PCA Auto-X's were always 914's and the kicker was, the guy to beat was a big 4 and not even a 6 so they could feel good about themselves.
+Quote Post
Jamie
post Nov 1 2021, 06:05 PM
Post #86

Member No.: 2,939
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Van B @ Oct 27 2021, 10:36 AM) *

QUOTE(flipb @ Oct 27 2021, 02:18 PM) *

Non-sequitur, but... I've always felt this was the wrong comparison. Isn't a perfume atomizer way more akin to a fuel injector? Since it takes a positive force to push out the fuel? (As opposed to a carb, where vacuum pressure pulls out the fuel.)

You're making too much sense man! Haven't you read Plato's allegory of the cave?

As a schooled Philosopher, the Allegory of the Cave theme was more about form than function. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif)
+Quote Post
Ansbacher
post Nov 1 2021, 06:09 PM
Post #87

Member No.: 17,589

Exactly, except that adding carburetors is also off limits. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
[/quote]

Yeah, I'm one of those dual carb guys and I don't lose sleep at night when my car hiccups, dreading a trouble-shooting nightmare of a fifty-year-old fuel injection system.
Carbs are simple, easy to maintain, no electronics, and few moving parts.

Oh, and +1 for hood crests as long as they are placed esthetically (or is it aesthetically).

Ansbacher

+Quote Post
Van B
post Nov 1 2021, 09:42 PM
Post #88

Member No.: 26,011

QUOTE(Jamie @ Nov 1 2021, 07:05 PM) *

QUOTE(Van B @ Oct 27 2021, 10:36 AM) *

QUOTE(flipb @ Oct 27 2021, 02:18 PM) *

Non-sequitur, but... I've always felt this was the wrong comparison. Isn't a perfume atomizer way more akin to a fuel injector? Since it takes a positive force to push out the fuel? (As opposed to a carb, where vacuum pressure pulls out the fuel.)

You're making too much sense man! Haven't you read Plato's allegory of the cave?

As a schooled Philosopher, the Allegory of the Cave theme was more about form than function. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif)

Oh Sir, the allegory of the cave was actually about how people will murder you if you tell them things they don’t want to hear… so don’t murder me ok?
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Nov 1 2021, 10:48 PM
Post #89

ELVIRA

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 481

After thinking about this topic for a week now . . . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) . . . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/crest.gif) . . . I honestly have no opinion either way. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yawn.gif)
Badge or No Badge. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) I really don't care. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yellowsleep[1].gif) Whatever gets you thru the night.

However, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I have always considered the engine grill letters to be one of my favorite design details on a 914.

Attached Image

*(Full disclosure: Elvira came with hood piercings and Badge jewelry.)
**(I added the nipple rings.)
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Nov 1 2021, 11:14 PM
Post #90

ELVIRA

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 481

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 29 2021, 04:23 PM) *

QUOTE(Van B @ Oct 29 2021, 03:43 PM) *
That second photo might be the greatest thing on the front of a car, EVER!!!

I beg to differ ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

You are correct @SirAndy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) @Van B

Attached Image
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2024 - 12:39 AM