Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The richening, Pbanders? Chris Foley? Dirty injectors? 2056 and a strange lean
emerygt350
post Sep 29 2023, 10:14 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,740
Region Association: North East States

I think we are there. This is fully warmed up after 20 miles on the interstate. Video is from the return trip home, vacuum advanced hooked up again. Running nice and cool, 72ish mph for the first half, then down to 55 a little after the middle. Still a hair rich at WOT but that is fine with me. Maybe I will screw in the full load stop a hair to compensate for moving in the outer screw. No bucking/lean misses.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/rr1RwLEg0x4
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
emerygt350
post Sep 30 2023, 10:56 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,740
Region Association: North East States

Just took a look at my timing now that everything is running perfect. At 850 it's at 7.5 btdc and 27 at 3500. Of course that is all plus or minus whatever my marks are off. I turned back the outer screw almost a half of what I tightened it yesterday. Took it for a long drive. Was interesting, tried it with and without the advance and for once the advance made a marked improvement in smoothness of throttle response. I think everything is finally coming together.

I was asking myself about that timing technique for the d-jet .. after you put on a 123dizzy, is it really necessary to go with the 3500 or can you just use the low rpm timing? Anyone know why they had a different method for the d-jet?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th September 2024 - 09:46 PM