Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Phase II of my Restoration of my '76 914, 2nd part of my restoration work first started in late 2017
Gatornapper
post Jun 20 2024, 07:39 PM
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,449
Region Association: South East States

Dan -

Boy, you nailed it! Love this car so much! More FUN to drive than any of my Porsches.

RichB45 followed me today in his '79 911 SC restomod in some area twisties I had never showed him before. We had about an hour and a half of fun driving on rural twisty Virginia roads - hills, mostly forest, lots of road with no lines. He always tells me that my leading in the 914 keeps him from killing himself in his 300+ hp 911. It may be true - he has a heavy foot. I do too but it is restrained by my not wanting to kill someone and not wanting a ticket for reckless.

Good example was today in very dark forested super-twisty section with very few houses all of a sudden there is a young mother walking her child on the road! She was on right facing us, and on the side of the road. Fortunately we saw her soon enough to brake and give her wide berth and slow down. But road was narrow and if a car had been coming toward us - I'm not sure we could have missed her or stopped in time. Scary.

Another note: I love the gearing in the 901 tranny. Every gear seems perfect - wouldn't change a one. Can do so much in 3rd & 4th. Can't say that about my 928 or 944 S.

I have wiring in place to put in gauges soon, but will do that at my leisure. Oil Pressure gauge, Voltmeter, Clock. All VDO black. Just need to connect wiring to gauges and mount them in below-dash panel.

GN

QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jun 20 2024, 04:05 PM) *

Very cool to see the updates and the 914 looks amazing!

Yes, it feels good to drive your 914 more than wrench on it.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th October 2024 - 02:49 AM