Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Porsche 914-4 Weber Carb running rich, Weber Carb running rich on #4 only
Superhawk996
post Nov 15 2023, 11:38 PM
Post #21

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,428
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

@spoke

Yes that location is where the idle jet is at. Just above that on the top of the carb body is where the tiny brass calibrated air hole is that allows air into the idle jet to mix with fuel.

I am curious about the hose vacuum pump setup shown in that graphic.

I had never considered if it could somehow be cleaned by a vacuum and maybe lifting some fluid out of the bowl to wash out debris ? Hmm? Caught in my own trap of “this is the way I’ve always done it”? Unfortunate. Maybe someday I’ll have to try it - I like the concept of drawing crap out vs trying to power it out with compressed air which probably would not have worked for the little rubber chunk he showed. Really interesting. Thanks for sharing that! Let us know how it works if you use that vacuum method.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Nov 27 2023, 08:19 PM
Post #22

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

@Superhawk996

Thanks. I tried to take out the idle jets with the carb in the car but I couldn't even see the jets so I took the carb off. Turns out the jet was clogged with something. Cleaned it out, blew it out and reinstalled. Running like a champ now. Thanks for the help.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Al Meredith
post Nov 28 2023, 10:26 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 3,061

I have to blow out the idle jets all the time . Seems the alcohol fuel causes the rubber fuel lines to detreat and fill the jets with brown goop[. Happens to me all the time even though I have installed new hoses that are supposed to be OK for alcohol fuel. Since this goop is not solid the fuel filter does not ketch it.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
930cabman
post Nov 28 2023, 11:19 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 24,877
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(Spoke @ Nov 27 2023, 09:19 PM) *

@Superhawk996

Thanks. I tried to take out the idle jets with the carb in the car but I couldn't even see the jets so I took the carb off. Turns out the jet was clogged with something. Cleaned it out, blew it out and reinstalled. Running like a champ now. Thanks for the help.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Good call, I have found it easier (safer) to remove the carbs when fooling with the idle jets, it's too easy to get them cross threaded otherwise.

Great news, unclogging an idle jet can make all the difference in the world.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 10:13 AM