Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V « < 11 12 13 14 15 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Sale Pending - My purchase of 9140431482, Just facts; no spin or opinion
KELTY360
post Feb 25 2024, 09:34 PM
Post #241

914 Neferati

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,344
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

The question was about what a wise man would do.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rufus
post Feb 25 2024, 09:42 PM
Post #242

Member No.: 5,840
Region Association: None

QUOTE(mountainroads @ Feb 6 2024, 02:53 PM) *

I'm very interested in learning what's discovered with the floorpan.

- MR

Even MR’s interested …
+Quote Post
Rufus
post Feb 25 2024, 09:50 PM
Post #243

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Feb 25 2024, 08:34 PM) *

The question was about what a wise man would do.

Thanks for the compliment, Kelty360
+Quote Post
sixaddict
post Feb 25 2024, 10:28 PM
Post #244

Member No.: 9,961
Region Association: South East States

I really feel ADmin should end this ………PLEASE!
This is not what this site is about and lister will obviously not stop unless someone takes control.
+Quote Post
mountainroads
post Feb 25 2024, 10:40 PM
Post #245

Member No.: 14,145

QUOTE(Rufus @ Feb 25 2024, 06:53 PM) *

QUOTE(mountainroads @ Feb 24 2024, 02:46 PM) *

3) I need to correct one detail that keeps coming up. The front latch panel was correct when Gamroth inspected the car. Chris noted it in my initial PPI. Rillos noticed it, sourced a used donor panel, and welded it in prior to painting. Gamroth apparently failed to note it had been replaced.

“The front latch panel was correct when Gamroth inspected the car.”

MR, is this your belief?

Yes - that is my belief. CORRECT. Not ORIGINAL. I was told it wasn't correct during the bodywork and Rillos replaced it with a donor panel. If it isn't the correct panel for a 1970, then that's another dropped ball by Rillos.

Ironically, I considered a nice new generously applied coat of Wurth to be a good thing. Yes, I know that can be used to hide things, but I had no reason to suspect that was the case.

I have no idea what could possibly NOT be public information at this point.

I'm done posting to this thread. I'd be willing to engage in constructive dialogue if I thought it would help or do any good, but I've concluded there's no point. There's nothing I can do or say that'll change anything.

- MR

+Quote Post
Rufus
post Feb 25 2024, 10:55 PM
Post #246

QUOTE(mountainroads @ Feb 25 2024, 09:40 PM) *

3) I need to correct one detail that keeps coming up. The front latch panel was correct when Gamroth inspected the car. Chris noted it in my initial PPI. Rillos noticed it, sourced a used donor panel, and welded it in prior to painting. Gamroth apparently failed to note it had been replaced.

MR, is this your belief?

- MR

“ Yes - that is my belief. CORRECT. Not ORIGINAL. I was told it wasn't correct during the bodywork and Rillos replaced it with a donor panel. If it isn't the correct panel for a 1970, then that's another dropped ball by Rillos.”

Interesting … just interesting.
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Feb 25 2024, 11:23 PM
Post #247

914 Neferati

What did the longs and jack posts look like when you pulled the rocker covers?
+Quote Post
Rufus
post Feb 25 2024, 11:33 PM
Post #248

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Feb 25 2024, 10:23 PM) *

What did the longs and jack posts look like when you pulled the rocker covers?

TBD … tried removing today, but couldn’t get ‘em off.

I’m where the car is at my wife’s home. My Haynes manual’s at my house 60+ miles away. Haven’t been able to remove them after removing the screws on top near the sill plate, bolts along the bottom, two screws at the front and rear ends inside the wheels wells, and razor cut all the heads off the two rows of plastic (rivets?) thingies on the sill plate surface. My first time obviously, what am I missing? Thanks for your help
+Quote Post
Rufus
post Feb 26 2024, 03:44 AM
Post #249

On the subject of 2020 914/6 market values.

The advert for my mine was placed on 5/31/20 for $59,500. Its deviations from stock are mostly documented here; non matching #’s, flared / rolled fenders, incorrect front cross panel, incorrect later rear bumper & valance which I don’t mind; just not a plus.

I find only two true 914/6’s on BaT within +/-3 months; (w/in the 3/1/2020 - 9/1/2020 range):

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-porsche-914-6-29/
3/20/2020, 1970, Irish Green, #’s matching, CoA, records back to 1973, Mahle gas burners, correct & rare porthole rear valance, MY correct front cross panel, but did not meet reserve @ $73,000.

Market refused to pay more than $73,000 on 3/20/2020.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-porsche-914-6-10/
7/8/20, rare 1971 MY, rare gold metallic, possible but unconfirmed matching #’s, a few rare options, paint & trim work needed, MY correct front cross panel, sold for $76,000

Widening out to +/-6 months adds two more:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-porsche-914-6-35/
9/8/2020, 1970 2.7L twin plug 315 hp highly modded wide body race car, lots of race goodies, separate #’s matching engine, CoA, maybe MY correct front cross panel, sold for $92,000.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-porsche-914-6-28/
9/22/2020, 1970 993 3.6L, GT wide body with many desirable mods, separate #’s matching engine, CoA, recent Patrick service, featured in June 2000 Excellence, MY correct front cross panel, sold for $100,000.

If I were selling all 4 at the same time, I know how I’d rank them in price; how ‘bout you?
+Quote Post
Craigers17
post Feb 26 2024, 05:00 AM
Post #250

Member No.: 21,317
Region Association: South East States

So this thread is obviously very long, but I think you said you RECEIVED the car back in November of 2020. One would expect that, at that time, you would have completed a comprehensive inspection of the vehicle yourself(especially given the standard you are holding everyone else to), having spent 50K + on the vehicle and more additional cash on repairs.

Given that assumption, why didn't this thread come up nearly three and a half years ago? Was the rust hidden so that you didn't notice it? What made you suspicious of there being rust issues? Was it paint bubbling? Was it possible that the paint just started bubbling recently and that clued you in to the rust issues? If YOU didn't notice the rust issues for over three years, how can you hold the PO or the gentleman that did the PPI to a higher standard than yourself? If the rust issues didn't reveal themselves until recently, it would be very difficult to understand how you could blame anyone but the shop that did the paint job, and since you didn't commission that paint job, I highly doubt you'd have any recourse against that vendor. I ASSUME most bodyshops don't warranty anything for more than a year or two.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
mate914
post Feb 26 2024, 05:31 AM
Post #251

Matt

Member No.: 10,102
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(mountainroads @ Feb 25 2024, 11:40 PM) *

MR, is this your belief?

Yes - that is my belief. CORRECT. Not ORIGINAL. I was told it wasn't correct during the bodywork and Rillos replaced it with a donor panel. If it isn't the correct panel for a 1970, then that's another dropped ball by Rillos.

Ironically, I considered a nice new generously applied coat of Wurth to be a good thing. Yes, I know that can be used to hide things, but I had no reason to suspect that was the case.

I'm done posting to this thread. I'd be willing to engage in constructive dialogue if I thought it would help or do any good, but I've concluded there's no point. There's nothing I can do or say that'll change anything.

- MR

Its almost like we are talking to a bot. It never receives info and uses it. The bot just keeps sowing hate and division. Then the bot goes on with more hate. I call bot... Not a Man.
Matt (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif)
+Quote Post
Rufus
post Feb 26 2024, 05:38 AM
Post #252

QUOTE(Craigers17 @ Feb 26 2024, 04:00 AM) *

So this thread is obviously very long, but I think you said you RECEIVED the car back in November of 2020. One would expect that, at that time, you would have completed a comprehensive inspection of the vehicle yourself(especially given the standard you are holding everyone else to), having spent 50K + on the vehicle and more additional cash on repairs.

Given that assumption, why didn't this thread come up nearly three and a half years ago? Was the rust hidden so that you didn't notice it? What made you suspicious of there being rust issues? Was it paint bubbling? Was it possible that the paint just started bubbling recently and that clued you in to the rust issues? If YOU didn't notice the rust issues for over three years, how can you hold the PO or the gentleman that did the PPI to a higher standard than yourself? If the rust issues didn't reveal themselves until recently, it would be very difficult to understand how you could blame anyone but the shop that did the paint job, and since you didn't commission that paint job, I highly doubt you'd have any recourse against that vendor. I ASSUME most bodyshops don't warranty anything for more than a year or two.

All very reasonable questions, for which there are logical and reasonable answers. But since that’s all outside the scope of my thread, to document findings during my dissection of the car, I won’t go into them.
+Quote Post
Rufus
post Feb 26 2024, 05:51 AM
Post #253

QUOTE(mate914 @ Feb 26 2024, 04:31 AM) *

MR, is this your belief?

- MR

Its almost like we are talking to a bot. It never receives info and uses it. The bot just keeps sowing hate and division. Then the bot goes on with more hate. I call bot... Not a Man.

Good morning, Matt

BTW: my name’s Bob; not bot
+Quote Post
mate914
post Feb 26 2024, 06:07 AM
Post #254

Matt

QUOTE(Rufus @ Feb 26 2024, 06:51 AM) *

MR, is this your belief?

- MR

Good morning, Matt

Hi Bot. Another day of blaming everyone else. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
+Quote Post
Rufus
post Feb 26 2024, 06:09 AM
Post #255

QUOTE(mate914 @ Feb 26 2024, 05:07 AM) *

MR, is this your belief?

- MR

Good morning, Matt

Hi Bot. Another day of blaming everyone else. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)

Glad to see you in such a cheery mood today, Matt
+Quote Post
mate914
post Feb 26 2024, 06:35 AM
Post #256

Matt

QUOTE(Rufus @ Feb 26 2024, 07:09 AM) *

MR, is this your belief?

- MR

Good morning, Matt

Bob,
Do you need help removing your rockers still? That will tell you a lot about your 914-6. I'm surprised you didn't do that when you got the car....

+Quote Post
Rufus
post Feb 26 2024, 06:53 AM
Post #257

QUOTE(mate914 @ Feb 26 2024, 05:35 AM) *

MR, is this your belief?

- MR

Good morning, Matt

Bob,
Do you need help removing your rockers still? That will tell you a lot about your 914-6. I'm surprised you didn't do that when you got the car....

Yep, I haven’t tried again after trying yesterday. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Feb 26 2024, 07:19 AM
Post #258

914 Neferati

QUOTE(Rufus @ Feb 26 2024, 04:53 AM) *

MR, is this your belief?

- MR

Good morning, Matt

Bob,

Yep, I haven’t tried again after trying yesterday. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Use the search.
Inspecting the longs is the starting point for evaluating a 914 purchase. There are lots of threads.
+Quote Post
Rufus
post Feb 26 2024, 07:39 AM
Post #259

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Feb 26 2024, 06:19 AM) *

QUOTE(Rufus @ Feb 26 2024, 04:53 AM) *

MR, is this your belief?

- MR

Good morning, Matt

Bob,

Use the search.
Inspecting the longs is the starting point for evaluating a 914 purchase. There are lots of threads.

Gotcha, thanks!
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Feb 26 2024, 09:03 AM
Post #260

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

I find 16 quotes/reposts excessive.
+Quote Post

18 Pages V « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2024 - 09:58 AM