Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS: 19mm Front Sway Bar, SOLD
Montreal914
post May 10 2024, 07:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,023
Region Association: Southern California

Please completely read the add.

For sale, H&H 19mm sway bar set that comes with:

- Freshly powder coated 19mm bar (note damage near one end (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) ).
- H&H freshly plated flanges without bushings. Note that the bolt pattern of these flanges is slightly off vs stock flanges. To mount on stock sway bar body location, the holes of the H&H flanges will need to be slightly elongated (that is why I am providing these below).
- Set of freshly plated stock flanges.
- Set of new 911 turbo stock sway bar rubber bushings (18mm) should fit the 19mm bar with stock flanges (may need to make a cut, was told these should work, didn't want to open the bag).
- Set of freshly plated H&H arms
- Set of used Heim joint adjustable drop links (notice the uneven length... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) )
- Fresh Belmetric hardware.

Price: $325 $300 + shipping. SOLD Pick up welcome in Claremont, can also meet in Pasadena on weekdays. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Montreal914
post Jun 3 2024, 01:34 PM
Post #2

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) with small price drop...

Also adding more parts I found:

Set of used 19mm Weltmeister hard bushings.

Attached Image

Attached Image

And set of stock freshly powder coated drop links.

Attached Image

So, in recap, everything pictured in this thread for $300. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
koozy
post Jun 3 2024, 09:11 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,931
Region Association: None

Fantastic setup. Tough to find and ideal for autocrossing. Used one just like this for multiple in years of podium finishes. GLWS
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post Jun 4 2024, 09:37 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 73
Region Association: Upper MidWest

How about for a street car with ~230 hp? And is anything missing from the kit?
+Quote Post
technicalninja
post Jun 4 2024, 10:21 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 27,135
Region Association: Southwest Region

This set up will be stiff!
The stock bar is 15/16mm??
The adjustable linkage may help.
Koozy is right!
Ideal for auto crossing means pretty stiff for road use.

The normal "application" is a prepared car with aftermarket bushings (read HARD) and higher rate torsion bars (like 911 stuff). Big tires/big brakes...

If you were looking for this level of bar new it would be expensive!

Montreal914 is a good guy.

These are cheap enough that even I'm tempted.

You can probably always be able to re-sell these at this price.

The reason no-one has hit them yet is the fact they are at the top 20% of rates that work in in a 914.

I'd correct the adjustable link length and sell the extra restored drops.

I'm tempted (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

If they were 17s they would be GONE! I (or someone else) would have snapped them up first day.

If you've got a serious car this might be the ticket.

Please buy them so I'm not tempted anymore...

The little "digs" in the bar would not bother me at all. I wouldn't accept them in a brand-new bar (probably 1K) but these are NICE, and the plating is beautiful.

I thought about buying them for the hardware alone.
The adjustable position arms should have been done by the factory IMO.
+Quote Post
Montreal914
post Jun 4 2024, 06:01 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(Chris H. @ Jun 4 2024, 08:37 AM) *

How about for a street car with ~230 hp? And is anything missing from the kit?

@"Chris H." I am far from being knowledgeable like Rick ( @technicalninja ) but I used this bar on my street car for about 8 years before starting its restoration already 4 years ago... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

My car is a narrow body with a 2056cc /4 (so ~110hp). I have a short 3rd and 4th gearbox (A-F-M-S-ZD). It was a little lowered but definitely not radical. 15 x 5.5 4 lug Fuchs with 195/60 Direzza. Stock front torsion bars, 140lbs progressive rear springs with Bilstein. Stock brakes W/Porterfield pads (per PMB). Stock 16mm rear sway bar. It replicates a setup I have read here as being kind of a level 1. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

I don't do autocross, but I enjoy a sport drive. This was a daily driver (work, school drop off, store, Rennsport coastal drive, lunch time canyon rides, anytime I can drive it!). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) I also went a few times on small tracks (DE with POC). I did enjoy this combination, but again I am no expert.

My target for my restoration will be the same setup except with a Tarret front bar, stock rear bar, 5 lug Fuchs 16x6, 205/55, 911 front struts w/ Brembo, drilled rear hubs with 914-6 rotors and replica calipers. I also plan on building a 2.3liter 4 with ~150hp (?). If this bar doesn't sell, I will simply use it again on my car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

As for the "complete" question:
I was using the bar with the Weltmeister poly bushing shown and stock triangular flange, the multi-position arms and the stock drop links with rubber bushings. All of which were in non-restored condition. To use the bar as such, you would need the drop link bushings. Obviously, that is assuming your car is sway bar ready (flanges in the inner fender well).

While in the process of getting all of my restoration bits plated and powder coated, I added all of the extra stuff I have laying around, this sway bar kit included.

This HRH bar originally came with the triangular/tube flanges that uses a rigid bushing (which are missing) and the adjustable drop links (all of which are shown in my original add). It was designed to be installed on car using some kind of U-bolt through the fender well but I do not have these bolts which were a crappy setup in my book. More so, the provided triangular flanges/tube didn't even match the Porsche flange bolt pattern which means the holes in the HRH flange need to be slightly elongated to fit a sway bar-ready car. That is why I elected to use the stock triangular flanges and the Weltmeister bushings (provided).

The 930 through body 18mm sway bar uses the same hardware and a rubber bushing (the ones in the bag in the picture). Some 914-6 GT were equipped with a 19mm front sway bar with stock hardware (including the arms). Eric Shea from PMB performance installed one on his "Body in Ivory" customer car using a rubber bushing.

The 930 bushing may require some finessing to get it to work but would be a rubber option. Otherwise the Weltmeister 19mm bushings are getting harder to find but are out there. Another option would be to machine bushings either to the Porsche shape or the HRH triangle/tube flange.

Sorry for the very lengthy reply, but I hope this clarifies things a little more. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Montreal914
post Jun 4 2024, 06:04 PM
Post #7

This reply will be a lot shorter (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
QUOTE(technicalninja @ Jun 4 2024, 09:21 AM) *

The stock bar is 15/16mm?? -> 15mm

Montreal914 is a good guy. Thanks! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jun 4 2024, 06:57 PM
Post #8

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

sway bars or more correctly, anti sway bars, don't change the ride nearly as much as low profile tires, firm shocks, larger torsion bars, etc. There seems to be a lot of leeway to sizing before things get really wonky. Other than using a rear bar that's larger than a front bar, most any combo (even no rear bar) will work fine on a 914.
+Quote Post
technicalninja
post Jul 23 2024, 10:12 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 27,135
Region Association: Southwest Region

Received bar today.

Eric does nice work!

Stuff looks NEW!

The packaging was impressive as well. Everything separated in bubble wrap envelopes. Everything had to be "carved" out of its packaging with a knife.
Took a few minutes to unpack.
Sent in a structural tube. 100% filled.
Thing didn't rattle at all, solid as shit.

This packaging could have been dropped out of an aircraft and the stuff inside would not have been damaged!

Thank you!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th September 2024 - 05:21 PM