Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Amp wiring, My amp is protecting itself for some reason
CCE
post May 27 2024, 10:05 AM
Post #41

CCE

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,203
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(930cabman @ May 27 2024, 09:18 AM) *

Glad you got her fixed. I just came upon this thread and when I read "cuts out on acceleration" I was thinking voltage regulator. I have seen my factory voltage gauge indicating over 14v often. Probably not an issue for factory stuff.

Yes I also had a couple of coil packs blown in the past, and had the idea it was a defective batch from CB performance, but now I see it was my autozone voltage regulator allowing peaks of power trough. The amp evidenced it more clearly.

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Chris914n6
post May 27 2024, 01:26 PM
Post #42

Jackstands are my life.

Member No.: 431
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(CCE @ May 26 2024, 11:44 AM) *

Just got a new hella regulator from Autoatlanta….

Holes are too close to the important stuff to use screws. I'd just do a pair of zip ties if the holes line up enough. I would think the friction from the connectors would be enough anyways.
+Quote Post
CCE
post Jun 2 2024, 05:43 PM
Post #43

CCE

Member No.: 26,203
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

To all who replied to my questions, I want to thank you all for the support and also I wanted to comment on the Amp.

After I sorted the issues caused by my installation, me, and my car regulator, I finally had a chance to use it, and I highly recommend it.

Power will not bleed your ears, just will sound fine, with enough power for my “low-end” Focal speaker sets, bass works deep and natural. Not as specified 100w X 4 by blaupunkt, but for $110usd I think is good. I also installed a kill switch to turn off the amp If I don’t want to use it, connected to the remote turn on on the amp to my fuse box.

I liked the black-out faceplate from 914rubber, and the simple original look to it. The amp is small enough to fit where my old stereo was, wiring was done with an amp install kit also from blaupunkt I also got as the amp from Amazon, and cable caps, very simple install.
I really have very limited talent, and just liked my end result.

Finally, Just FYI all speaker grills and doors where already broken when I got the car, I just replaced the old rotted speakers with new ones because I wanted to hear my phone tunes. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
windforfun
post Jun 2 2024, 08:44 PM
Post #44

Member No.: 8,476
Region Association: None

"I really have very limited talent, and just liked my end result."

"Don't sell yourself short kiddo" as Humphrey Bogart used to say.

"Keep learning & have fun" is what I say.

Electronics are far more complicated than most people understand.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd June 2024 - 08:52 PM