Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Door Jamb Sticker, 1976 Non-Catalyst
Jim C
post Jun 13 2024, 06:51 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,294
Region Association: Southwest Region

Could someone please send me a good photo of the driver's door jamb non-catalyst sticker for a 1976 along with the measurements? I'd like to have one made unless there is already a source out there.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Jun 13 2024, 08:28 AM
Post #2

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Best I have. Maybe someone else has a better one. Sorry I don't have dimensions.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jim C
post Jun 13 2024, 02:37 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 23,294
Region Association: Southwest Region

Thanks Jeff. Now if someone can please measure the one on their car I'll be in business!
+Quote Post
wonkipop
post Jun 13 2024, 04:03 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 24,231
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(Jim C @ Jun 13 2024, 02:37 PM) *

Thanks Jeff. Now if someone can please measure the one on their car I'll be in business!

here are some images of cat sticker alongside vin sticker in this topic.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=370622

failing someone posting dimensions you could probably work out relative proportion sizing against known size of vin label.
+Quote Post
davep
post Jun 15 2024, 07:07 PM
Post #5

914 Historian

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,244
Region Association: Canada

I have some 20 odd images of the CAT & NON-CAT decals and I find it interesting that the "1976" is very inconsistent. That is, the "197" is quite consistent, but the "6" can be missing, high, low, crowding the 7 and not always the same size. Notice the slits in the decal; could this be a "tamper-proof" feature? The slits also appear on the Compliance decal from 1525 through 1645.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
wonkipop
post Jun 15 2024, 10:10 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 24,231
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

@davep

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) yeah i noticed those missing "6"s on some of the 76s. pretty funny.

i only really have stuff for the L jets in 75.
but i notice there was no Non-Cat stickers as far as i can tell on the 49 state cars in 75.
don't know about 2.0s but i assume the same.

have to look back through my files to see if 75 L jets for california had a Cat sticker.
don't really have too much on the 75s, mostly data is for 74 models.

but it seems to me in 75 the cars were not required to be marked Non-Cat at least.

i think the Non-Cat sticker in 76 is something to do with that loophole porsche and VW got the cars through as 75 emission regs conforming if manufacture ceased before dec 31 1975.
but somehow they still had to distinguish that being a Non Cat 1976 model it conformed with USEPA regulations since all "proper" 76 model year cars USA wide required the cats (or equal).

its the funny wording of the USEPA conforming (no mention of california standards) in the CAT sticker. like a double edge sword.

the non cats conform with 1976 USEPA by virtue of being given special dispensation to not conform.
the cat cars while not conforming with california regulations (for same reason as 76 49 state cars) in 1976 do conform with USEPA regulations for 1976 which were the same as california in 1975 and the california 76 is just a repeat of cal 75.
if you can see what i mean.

its quite unusual compared to the engine bay emissions stickers (at least all the way up to 1975 which always distinguish between whether USEPA conforming (49 states) or USEPA and California conforming (california models). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) .......except of course the naughty 74 EC-B engine stickers all the way up to end of may 74 before they got corrected for one month in june. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) funny stuff.

i might trawl back through my files and see what the 75 1.8 californians have, if i even have one on file!
+Quote Post
davep
post Jun 16 2024, 06:50 AM
Post #7

914 Historian

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,244
Region Association: Canada

I suspect that the CAT & NON-CAT decals were only on 1976 MY cars and the 6 was not preprinted. How they printed the 6 on the labels is certainly a good question, but it does seem to be "done by hand" from all the variations illustrated above. Any images of the Compliance decal would be welcomed by me.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th September 2024 - 05:52 PM