Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Worldwide 914 Porsche Day 9/14/2024 - Washington DC Event, Sept 14, 2024
flipb
post Jun 18 2024, 07:00 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,752
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

September 14th is a Saturday, which practically begs for us to stage a 914 invasion at Katie's Cars & Coffee in Great Falls. Katie's is one of the top C&C events on the East Coast; certainly the biggest regular event in the DMV. The catch is that most of the lot fills by about 6:30am... if we want to park together, we'd have to aim to arrive earlier.

For those interested, we could follow this up with a cruise over to a brunch location. The first that springs to mind is Lazy Mike's Deli in Falls Church, just a few miles away. We could also plan a longer drive, either for a more distant brunch location or cruise the GW Parkway in a caravan after brunch.

I welcome other ideas! Would love to get a respectable turnout!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Jun 20 2024, 06:06 AM
Post #2

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

QUOTE(flipb @ Jun 18 2024, 06:00 AM) *

September 14th is a Saturday, which practically begs for us to stage a 914 invasion at Katie's Cars & Coffee in Great Falls. Katie's is one of the top C&C events on the East Coast; certainly the biggest regular event in the DMV. The catch is that most of the lot fills by about 6:30am... if we want to park together, we'd have to aim to arrive earlier.

For those interested, we could follow this up with a cruise over to a brunch location. The first that springs to mind is Lazy Mike's Deli in Falls Church, just a few miles away. We could also plan a longer drive, either for a more distant brunch location or cruise the GW Parkway in a caravan after brunch.

I welcome other ideas! Would love to get a respectable turnout!

Sounds like a fun plan. Maybe approach the C&C organizer to reserve a row of spaces for the 914s until a certain time, then cone/rope them off so no one takes them.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
StarBear
post Jul 20 2024, 04:13 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,753
Region Association: North East States

Anyone going to the C&C at Cedar Park shopping center in Vienna, VA tomorrow (Sunday)? We’ll be there, with son’s orange Lexus GSF.
+Quote Post
TonyA
post Jul 22 2024, 07:36 PM
Post #4

Nachmal

Member No.: 20,596

That is the day of Teenerfest or I would be there. Reach out to PCA Insiders Group Podcast and ask to announce it on their podcast. I think the address is PCAinsidersgroup.org
+Quote Post
flipb
post Jul 24 2024, 09:23 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(StarBear @ Jul 20 2024, 06:13 PM) *

Anyone going to the C&C at Cedar Park shopping center in Vienna, VA tomorrow (Sunday)? We’ll be there, with son’s orange Lexus GSF.

I attend this semi-regularly but didn't make it last Sunday. LMK when you plan to be there again.
+Quote Post
StarBear
post Jul 24 2024, 02:15 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,753

QUOTE(flipb @ Jul 24 2024, 11:23 AM) *

QUOTE(StarBear @ Jul 20 2024, 06:13 PM) *

I attend this semi-regularly but didn't make it last Sunday. LMK when you plan to be there again.

Ok. Were in town visiting son and his family. There was a blue 911S owner who said he had a 914 but it’s not running.
+Quote Post
Manny Alban
post Jul 24 2024, 10:51 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 4,798

We should have the get together at the Hunt Valley Horsepower cars and coffee in Hunt Valley, Maryland. Huge lot that holds a little over 600 cars. One minute off of I-83. I'm friends with the organizer. Wouldn't be a problem to set aside some spots right across from where the Porsche folks usually park. Plenty of restaurants nearby for brunch or lunch afterwards and great roads (this is horse country) nearby.
+Quote Post
flipb
post Jul 25 2024, 11:15 AM
Post #8

QUOTE(Manny Alban @ Jul 25 2024, 12:51 AM) *

We should have the get together at the Hunt Valley Horsepower cars and coffee in Hunt Valley, Maryland. Huge lot that holds a little over 600 cars. One minute off of I-83. I'm friends with the organizer. Wouldn't be a problem to set aside some spots right across from where the Porsche folks usually park. Plenty of restaurants nearby for brunch or lunch afterwards and great roads (this is horse country) nearby.

I think that could be another event for MD/DE/PA folks. I don't know how many of the DC/VA folks would travel for that. You could start another event thread for it.
+Quote Post
MDTerp
post Jul 26 2024, 10:28 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 9,075

QUOTE(Manny Alban @ Jul 25 2024, 12:51 AM) *

I’m in for Hunt Valley.
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Aug 5 2024, 02:53 PM
Post #10

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

Six weeks until show time on 9/14. Is everything planned out for Worldwide 914 Porsche Day 9/14/2024 - Washington DC Event?
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
flipb
post Sep 6 2024, 06:59 AM
Post #11

This event never got much interest but in any case I can no longer attend as something has come up. Any other locals, feel free to be at Katie's next weekend or make other plans.

Philip
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th September 2024 - 05:24 PM