Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS: Tangerine Racing 2L Race Exhaust System, SOLD?
GregAmy
post Jun 26 2024, 10:59 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,565
Region Association: North East States

07/03 UPDATE: Looks like I have a sale. Will update this and bump if it does not go through (but I don't predict that happening). Thanks!

Tangerine Racing exhaust system. Completely with all parts, extra risers, mounting bracket/hanger, extra (quieter) muffler, all hardware and I'm even tossing in four new copper exhaust rings. It also includes a small tab that you'll use to flip your clutch cable pulley 90 degrees so the exhaust will clear it.

It's coming off a race car that was originally logbooked in 1999. It popped the engine from oil starvation in 2003 and it sat in an air-conditioned basement garage until I resurrected the car around 2016, where it has been stored in my garage since. It only has about 20-25 races in its logbook and the exhaust is in excellent condition. A tad bit of surface rust, as the car has seen a couple rainy race weekends (it's a historics racer now).

@ChrisFoley could offer what generation it is, and can vouch for its condition.

Why selling? Chris had a customer that needed a lower-priced solution than one of his new systems. Being the consumate salesman, Chris talked me into buying a new racing system from him and then I'd sell the old one to that customer; unfortuantely, that customer had some issues and had to bail out. So, it's available.

As I said, it's complete and is ready to bolt on. One of the risers I took off has a small crack in it, and I'll get Chris to weld that up for me, though one of the spare risers should work just fine.

Any questions or any other views you need/want, please ask.

Price? A new racing exhaust from Chris is $2350; I'm asking $1100 for this one. That's for AS-IS WHERE-IS in Middletown CT. I'd reeeaalllly prefer someone local come pick it up. If you insist in having it shipped, then I'd need to investigate how much it would cost to box and ship and add those costs on top of the sales price.

Other delivery options could be meeting at a race track soon; I'll be at Thompson in two weekends, NHMS in late July, doing an RV trip in eastern PA in early August, Lime Rock Labor Day weekend, and Road America in late September.

Cash or Zelle preferred so I don't have to deal with the silly 1099-K issues.

Thanks! - Greg, grega at pobox com

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Driver174
post Jun 26 2024, 11:54 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 20,806
Region Association: None

Is this the 1 5/8” or 1 3/4” tube diameter exhaust?
+Quote Post
GregAmy
post Jun 26 2024, 12:06 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,565
Region Association: North East States

A damned fine question, sorry for that miss. Per my calipers:

The OD of the primary individual runners is 1-5/8".

The OD of the secondaries (the "2" in the 4-2-1) is 1.94".

The OD of the rest is 2.125".
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jun 26 2024, 12:19 PM
Post #4

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Great deal!
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
rfinegan
post Jul 3 2024, 07:46 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 15,499
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

These look to be the same as my “early” Pete Weber Quiet system . They work great on my 2056 and most likely larger engines too. At about 1/2 for what I paid 4years ago...this is a great deal
Good Luck with the sale
Bump
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2024 - 01:08 PM