Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Door switch and interior light question on a 73
rosenfe
post Jul 13 2024, 11:48 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,512
Region Association: None

I replaced door switch as I was not getting buzzer or interior lights. I have buzzer key in or out with door open ,still no interior light. No power to light switch. Fuse 11 ok. I’m not sure of correct 4 wire placement in door switch. Anyone have pictures of correct placement?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Jul 13 2024, 01:26 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489
Region Association: Southern California

It matters what year to address your question.

before up to 73 and then after 74.

I've done this one. The switches on the doors are gounding the circuit(s).

Sounds like either the ground side or just the power to the light.

I'd make sure the power to the light trace and the fuse panel is wired right and also that the "holder" for the light is nice and tight as the switch is a really bad design.

I replaced mine for an led light since the stock light basically was worthless for light.

I know there are several threads on this....pretty sure I did one with pictures IIRC.

Good luck.
+Quote Post
76-914
post Jul 13 2024, 04:52 PM
Post #3

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

Power to the light switch comes from a black wire on the junction box beneath the passenger seat. IIRC, there are 2 black wires. The one you need is always HOT. If you have a clock the feed to the auction comes from this circuit. I would suspect something is off on that junction block because you mention the buzzer works. This junction block included the Seat Belt interlock circuit. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
rosenfe
post Jul 14 2024, 06:12 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 16,512
Region Association: None

QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 13 2024, 03:52 PM) *

Power to the light switch comes from a black wire on the junction box beneath the passenger seat. IIRC, there are 2 black wires. The one you need is always HOT. If you have a clock the feed to the auction comes from this circuit. I would suspect something is off on that junction block because you mention the buzzer works. This junction block included the Seat Belt interlock circuit. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

My car a 73 does not have a junction box under seat. I believe power goes along tunnel to fuse box. It should be always hot. Not sure how I test where it’s not connected
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th September 2024 - 05:32 PM