Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MS pro mini ECU
mb911
post Jul 23 2024, 04:52 AM
Post #21

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Jul 22 2024, 11:49 AM) *

That looks like a really nice improvement over the Microsquirt.

I like that they moved the MAP sensor onto the ECU instead of using a separate MAP sensor.

I also agree that the edge mount for the AMPSEAL connector is going to make it easier to mount. Not that the Microsquirt was challenging to mount. But this looks like it could get tucked up into the stock mounting location for the ECU.

Zach

I don’t know anything about micro squirt but the MAP is not integrated like the Megasquirt?
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Jul 23 2024, 05:47 AM
Post #22

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(mb911 @ Jul 23 2024, 05:52 AM) *

I like that they moved the MAP sensor onto the ECU instead of using a separate MAP sensor.

I also agree that the edge mount for the AMPSEAL connector is going to make it easier to mount. Not that the Microsquirt was challenging to mount. But this looks like it could get tucked up into the stock mounting location for the ECU.

Zach

I don’t know anything about micro squirt but the MAP is not integrated like the Megasquirt?

Microsquirt is meant to be a low cost EFI ECU. So they don't incorporate the MAP sensor into the ECU. Honestly, I prefer it that way. It can be a PITA to run a vacuum line from the engine to the ECU if you decide to mount the ECU in the passenger compartment.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
technicalninja
post Jul 23 2024, 08:15 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 27,135
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jul 23 2024, 06:47 AM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Jul 23 2024, 05:52 AM) *

Zach

Microsquirt is meant to be a low cost EFI ECU. So they don't incorporate the MAP sensor into the ECU. Honestly, I prefer it that way. It can be a PITA to run a vacuum line from the engine to the ECU if you decide to mount the ECU in the passenger compartment.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
I also think the MAP is FASTER when it is directly plugged in the plenum like most are now.
Have something mess with the vacuum line?
BOOM!
Most folks T into something else and the vacuum line should be DEDICTED to the MAP IMO.

Now, having a 4 bar MAP automatically included is nice and the PRO versions are designed for engine compartment installation.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
GregAmy
post Jul 23 2024, 08:26 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,565
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(windforfun @ Jul 22 2024, 08:15 PM) *

Okay, so these are stupid questions perhaps. What is this, why would I want to use this, & how would I use this on a perfectly running stock 1.7?

QUOTE(technicalninja @ Jul 22 2024, 11:05 PM) *

You don't need it on what you have yet...

Someday you will no longer be able to purchase parts for your original FI system...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Sorry to keep patting myself on the back...but that's exactly my mindset as I developed my Microsquirt system on the D-Jet. Rather than repost that reasoning here...

https://tgadrivel.blogspot.com/2020/03/on-m...914-part-1.html

Try the first page (the rest is definitely TL;DR...)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th September 2024 - 05:54 PM