Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS 914 Can Am LE 59k Orig. Paint. 1 of 500. "Bumblebee", LE 914 for sale - Links to photos and vidoes. St. Paul, MN USA (can ship)
Sunset Classics
post Aug 16 2024, 11:57 AM
Post #1

I'm new here ...

Group: Members
Member No.: 28,280
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I'll post a link to photos here but I thought 914 enthusiasts might enjoy the feature on this survivor "Bumblebee". Even if you're not in the market for anything this rare and unique it's fun to see any limited edition model so well preserved. There is a link to a YouTube video at the end of the listing. I have many more photos available if anyone is looking to acquire this gem of Porsche history. Thanks for looking. Enjoy.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/det....php?id=2696106

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sunset Classics
post Aug 24 2024, 11:46 AM
Post #2

I'm new here ...

QUOTE(Sunset Classics @ Aug 16 2024, 12:57 PM) *

I'll post a link to photos here but I thought 914 enthusiasts might enjoy the feature on this survivor "Bumblebee". Even if you're not in the market for anything this rare and unique it's fun to see any limited edition model so well preserved. There is a link to a YouTube video at the end of the listing. I have many more photos available if anyone is looking to acquire this gem of Porsche history. Thanks for looking. Enjoy.

I'm scheduling a Bring A Trailer auction for the 914 so if anyone is looking to own one of these LEs now would be a good time to reach out to save on buyer's fees charged by the auction Site and to avoid competition in bidding. If it's not sold prior I will post a link to the auction when it goes live!
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Aug 24 2024, 11:48 AM
Post #3

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

If you are selling, you need to post a price.
+Quote Post
FlacaProductions
post Aug 24 2024, 12:07 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 21,628
Region Association: Southern California

It's listed at $69995 in the Samba ad but yes, @mepstein , them's the rules.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
914Next
post Aug 28 2024, 09:04 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 17,695

Looks like this is a Minnesota car. Guessing this is the bumblebee owned by the father of the guy I bought my beautiful '73 survivor from back in 2014....Erik S. Looked like a super clean and original car and I asked about it at the time but there was no interest in selling.

Very interesting.

Steve
+Quote Post
iankarr
post Sep 11 2024, 06:12 PM
Post #6

The wrencher formerly known as Cuddy_K

Member No.: 18,749
Region Association: Intermountain Region

QUOTE(Sunset Classics @ Aug 24 2024, 01:46 PM) *

QUOTE(Sunset Classics @ Aug 16 2024, 12:57 PM) *

I'm scheduling a Bring A Trailer auction for the 914 so if anyone is looking to own one of these LEs now would be a good time to reach out to save on buyer's fees charged by the auction Site and to avoid competition in bidding. If it's not sold prior I will post a link to the auction when it goes live!

Will be curious to see if your LE does better on BaT than mine did.
+Quote Post
Sunset Classics
post Sep 13 2024, 12:00 PM
Post #7

I'm new here ...

Thank you everyone for the replies and advice. $62,000 will buy the LE. The father / son enthusiasts mentioned is indeed the same Porsche family. I've sold quite a few 912s, 356s and other classics for the family over the past 15 or so years. Each one of the vehicles they've owned and cared for has had attention to detail only a life-long Porsche enthusiast and expert can provide. Even the inside of the rear tail lights were taken apart, cleaned and detailed. I first saw this 914 taken apart on a hoist in the seller's garage around 10 years back when I was photographing his VW Thing for sale. The car was just completed this year after many years of attention.
It was sure a treat to see the restored example out there on BAT for the World to appreciate! Best of luck with your sale too. And thank you all again. -JS10
+Quote Post
Sunset Classics
post Oct 18 2024, 12:05 PM
Post #8

I'm new here ...

'Giving it a go! Here's the link: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-porsche-914-140/
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2024 - 06:00 PM