Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1970 914 1.8L, $20,000, Excellent Condition, Strong Solid Driver, Factory Ivory-White, Dual Double-Barrel Carbs
KenesawDave70914
post Sep 25 2024, 10:17 AM
Post #1

I'm new here ...

Group: Members
Member No.: 28,373
Region Association: South East States

You may have seen this car cruising along the Boulevard (in Knoxville, TN) during late afternoons. I adore the 914, but with me at 6’ 4”, 245 lbs, and entering my 7th decade, it’s time for this car to have a new owner. If I were younger I’d keep it. It's a blast to drive. Since I've owned this car it has been garage kept, and has not been exposed in any way to adverse weather conditions, period. I will add more pics as soon as I reduce the image resolutions. I can send via email.

I’ve had a lot of work done on this car over the last year, including an engine replacement, and installation of high performance double-barrel carburetors. We had the gearshift assembly rebuilt with new bushings, new fuel pressure regulator, new fuel pump, and the starter and alternator were rebuilt with new components. The mechanic said the valve train looked almost new, the valves were adjusted, and the engine compression checked fine. A new DieHard Gold battery was installed. These repairs cost me $3,800, and the replacement engine cost me $1,900. The clutch has been replaced and is completely solid - there is no slipping.
Oil consumption is about Nil. There are a few drops of oil underneath after the car sits for several days. The mechanic says this is absolutely insignificant.

The car starts and runs great. Please note, there is no choke on the carbs. It needs a bit of priming to start - one or two pumps of the accelerator. There's a significant boost with the double-barrel carbs. The frame is clean and not rusted at all, the infamous 'hell hole' is completely closed and solid, the body is in wonderful condition, and paint is in almost perfect condition. The tires are in great shaped, and little used. Both trunks are in great condition, with no rust. The interior is in fine condition, with the exception of the passenger arm rest needing some attention attaching the lower portion to the upper portion of the arm rest. Headlights and all other lights work fine. Hazard lights work. I believe there is one of two tail light bulbs out on the right rear. All signals work.

The odometer is stuck at 97K miles, so I am unsure of the actual mileage. I listed it at 100,000 in the add because I wasn't able to list 'unknown'. Inside controls controls work.

This is a local pickup. I will not arrange to ship this car. If the buyer wants to arrange shipping and insurance, we can talk. There is no warrranty, or return. The car is sold "as is". I'll be posting additional info soon.

Message me with any questions, and we can talk if needed. I want the buyer to be fully informed about this car, and happy with the purchase.

Thanks for your interest!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2024 - 06:01 PM