Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 71 1.7 914 pricing, 71 1.7 914 pricing help
Tbone425
post Oct 6 2024, 07:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,065
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Trying to get an idea of how to price my 71 1.7. Prices feel like they are all over the board. Car is bone stock with a rebuilt oem radio ready to go in, bins of spare parts, records back to the day it was new, vintage ski rack for the factory mount points, foot rest IEM “bun”. Purchased locally here in Seattle at University Porsche. 81k miles that records substantiate. Can’t speak for its entire life, but has never seen rain or outdoor storage in the 10 years I’ve had it, nor the few that another collector before me had it. I’m the 4th owner. Myself and 2 prior owners are PCA members. First owner was a gal who kept amazing records and lived about a mile from my home. The car is generally in excellent condition with a few areas that need attention. The hell hole is ok other than a shotty fix to the batt tray at some point in its past. Needs to be cleaned up and have a pedestal and tray installed. Longs are clean. Underside lift point triangle has some rust and should be replaced if using them as lift points (I never did, but it’s no so bad that it would fail. I just don’t do that comfortably). The rear trunk hatch has a dime sized bubble at the trailing edge. I had considered breaking it out, treating, and touch up paining it. Just never did anything. (Car has OEM paint tube with the owners manual..but is likely just a conversation piece, being 50 plus years old). The car has developed a hot start issue. I considered changing out the OEM fuel injection system in favor of carbs but had been advised against it and rather fix the system. Tough finding guys that work on these near me though. The side shift has started to puddle on my garage floor recently. I think it’s from the cover gasket but I bought it as well as the shift linkage seals just in case. Had planned to put them in but a crushed disc in my back put all my car fun on hold about 2 months ago…and for the foreseeable future.

Trying to get an idea of what I should be asking for it? Would prefer selling it to another hobbyist like myself rather than auction site sale. Another enthusiast in the northwest would be fantastic, but might be a tall order to fill. Anyhow, thanks for any insight. In my mind a had a figure of $16,500….. am I high, low? Trying to figure out how to post some pics
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rasam
post Oct 7 2024, 01:59 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 18,508
Region Association: Southern California

$16,500 sounds high to me. Need pictures.
+Quote Post
Tbone425
post Oct 7 2024, 05:05 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(rasam @ Oct 7 2024, 12:59 PM) *

Ya, trying to figure that out. Doesn't like the file size
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Oct 7 2024, 05:20 PM
Post #4

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Tbone425 @ Oct 7 2024, 07:05 PM) *

QUOTE(rasam @ Oct 7 2024, 12:59 PM) *

Ya, trying to figure that out. Doesn't like the file size

Email the pics to yourself and chose a smaller file size.
+Quote Post
Tbone425
post Oct 7 2024, 05:39 PM
Post #5

trying some pics...Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Tbone425
post Oct 7 2024, 05:41 PM
Post #6

Excuse the xmas bows.....it has been a crafty hiding place from the kids.lol
+Quote Post
Tbone425
post Oct 7 2024, 05:43 PM
Post #7

Should add that the car is in Seattle. Only out of state time was with me to AZ.
+Quote Post
JimVG
post Oct 10 2024, 02:43 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 28,402

Hello, I am in WA state. It that original paint?
+Quote Post
Tbone425
post Oct 11 2024, 11:07 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(JimVG @ Oct 10 2024, 01:43 PM) *

Hey Jim! Mostly. Looks like it had some repair on the rear in the 80’s based on the records. Done well, correct single stage. Actually going to try getting it listed this weekend. Let me know if you’d like to check it out. Would love to see it stay local!
+Quote Post
Tbone425
post Oct 11 2024, 11:10 PM
Post #10

Attached Image
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Oct 12 2024, 09:47 AM
Post #11

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

Ths one may be a comp for you:

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details....abea&vc=Car
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Tbone425
post Oct 12 2024, 12:04 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Oct 12 2024, 08:47 AM) *

Thanks Jeff! That’s helpful. Based on what I’m seeing, I think asking 16,500 would be fair.
+Quote Post
Tbone425
post Oct 12 2024, 02:38 PM
Post #13

Next question…. Where to selll? Obviously here and pelican are no brainers. Any other suggestions? I’m not a fan of auction sites, personally. Might get a few extra bucks (maybe) but, as a Porsche hobbyist, would rather connect person to person who would have an interest in the cars story. Thanks all. Also, I’m the same username on Pelican. Much more history on there than here.
+Quote Post
JimVG
post Oct 12 2024, 04:19 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(Tbone425 @ Oct 12 2024, 12:07 AM) *

Hey Jim! Mostly. Looks like it had some repair on the rear in the 80’s based on the records. Done well, correct single stage. Actually going to try getting it listed this weekend. Let me know if you’d like to check it out. Would love to see it stay local!

Thanks for the reply. Other than what you’ve described what is the extent of rust and/or rust repair?
+Quote Post
Tbone425
post Oct 12 2024, 06:47 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(JimVG @ Oct 12 2024, 03:19 PM) *

Thanks for the reply. Other than what you’ve described what is the extent of rust and/or rust repair?

Nothing in the rockers or longs. Nor the floors or bulkhead. Hell hole area is fine other than a horrible job of replacing the battery pedestal with a welded in piece of metal and crumby pain job around the repair. Underside is in factory undercoat with a couple areas that have scuffs or scrapes through to the tangerine paint. It spots have had clear Por-15 applied by the PO…. But all small touch ups without rust. One rub spot in front wheel well that’s about 2” shows a tire rub to metal. No rust and has been treated. Should be spot undercoated. I have a fella that asked for a bunch more pics, I’ll be getting that done tomorrow and writing up a thoughtful overview. Car is very much bone stock. I did do a Tangerine racing metal fuel line upgrade last year along with rebuilt injectors. Still has 3-port fuel pump in OEM location.
+Quote Post
Tbone425
post Oct 12 2024, 06:52 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(Tbone425 @ Oct 12 2024, 05:47 PM) *

QUOTE(JimVG @ Oct 12 2024, 03:19 PM) *

Nothing in the rockers or longs. Nor the floors or bulkhead. Hell hole area is fine other than a horrible job of replacing the battery pedestal with a welded in piece of metal and crumby pain job around the repair. Underside is in factory undercoat with a couple areas that have scuffs or scrapes through to the tangerine paint. It spots have had clear Por-15 applied by the PO…. But all small touch ups without rust. One rub spot in front wheel well that’s about 2” shows a tire rub to metal. No rust and has been treated. Should be spot undercoated. I have a fella that asked for a bunch more pics, I’ll be getting that done tomorrow and writing up a thoughtful overview. Car is very much bone stock. I did do a Tangerine racing metal fuel line upgrade last year along with rebuilt injectors. Still has 3-port fuel pump in OEM location.

Super clean in trunk and frunk. Pick from when I removed gas to do fuel lines.Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
JimVG
post Oct 13 2024, 06:18 AM
Post #17

I would like to ask a few more things about your car. I am interested. Maybe a phone call if you have the time?
+Quote Post
Tbone425
post Oct 13 2024, 08:54 AM
Post #18

QUOTE(JimVG @ Oct 13 2024, 05:18 AM) *

I would like to ask a few more things about your car. I am interested. Maybe a phone call if you have the time?

Sending PM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2024 - 06:00 PM