Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fhew, the weekend is over, all 914 weekend
djm914-6
post Sep 1 2003, 06:23 PM
Post #1

Happiness is: Getting on the road

Group: Members
Member No.: 248
Region Association: None

Well, three 12 hour days spent on the 914 this weekend. I got the spray on gunk stripped out of the interior, the floor pans cleaned and two good coats of POR15 applied. The carpeting is almost done. I don't have any more in me to attach the carpet to the firewall tonight. I'll get that done tomorrow after work. I have new rubber floormats done too. With the only the passanget seat mounting to be fabricated, I think I'll be in good shape for the ECR event. I was hoping to get my "new" dash installed, but that's unlikely. I'll probable have to farm out a oil change too as time is getting short. It's only 8:30, but I'm spent. Tomorrow is another day.

Hope y'all had as successfull 914 weekends.

edit: forgot to add... removed the numbers and "Little Bastard" name; added gumballs and need to add something where paint lifted off the trunk.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Sep 2 2003, 12:51 AM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8

Sounds like you kicked ass on the car.

Go ahead and install the dash. It only takes my wife 3 hours to do a install.

B
+Quote Post
anthony
post Sep 2 2003, 12:59 AM
Post #3

2270 club

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 218

I also had an all-914 weekend. I actually drove the silver car this weekend and worked on the white car today. First down to San Jose for the 914 breakfast on Saturday and then to Mt. Tam on Sunday. I thought I was going to be caught behind old geezers in their motorhomes in the twisties during the drive but I really lucked out and lots of time driving with nobody in front of me. What a blast!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Sep 2 2003, 01:17 AM
Post #4

914 Freak!

Lets see.. here is what I did:

Worked Friday night at the shop finishing a customers 914 (new rear wheel bearings/urethane bushings/master cylinder/ball joint/tie rods/Rennshift.

Saturday morning left the house at 7:15 am and picked up Andy for the breakfast. Arrived at IHOP at 9am. Left their at 11:15 am. Went to friend Jasons house... assembled a tranny for him and left for Rob ways house. Picked up Rob and his trailer to go pick up and move a car for Tim Martin. Moved Tims car to Tims new house. Stopped and ate dinner at Armadillo willy's (3pm) After dinner went to Chris Kolstads house to oversee his current 914 2.0 engine build. Left Chris' place at 6pm. By this time I was dragging ass and had to drive home 1.5 hours north. Got home 7:30 PM and visited the BBS until 10pm when I passed out.

Sunday.. went to the shop around noon and built a engine.

Monday. Ran my ass of all day today. Yeaman autobody at 1pm to use the press for a set of control arms and a crank gear for another engine we are building. Had Andy install Norton Anti virus on the shop computers. Went to Scott Yeamans house to go over our needs for the new race 3.2 engine before it goes to Jerry Woods for the dyno tuning session of the injection system. Collected the parts needed and installed them getting the engine ready for delivery this week. Left Scott's house and headed straight back to the body shop for something I needed to finish there. Left the shop around 5pm and headed to WEVO. Arrived at WEVO in time to help disassemble the Black 3.6 cars 915 tranny. Found out the pinion shaft bearing was loose in the case adding another 900$ to the total cost of the tranny when its done (common problem on 915's.. lookout) Left WEVO and headed BACK to the body shop (10 minutes away)... left the shop and headed to my shop. Worked on the suspension pieces going to the powder coater for the Black 3.6 car. I completely removed all welding flash from the control arms really slicked them up.. so the powder coating will look SWEET. Swept and cleaned the shop floors... mopped.. and packed everything up the evening. Made a few notes on what I need to do tomorrow... and came home to BS with you guy's.

I didnt make a dime today.

B
+Quote Post
jonwatts
post Sep 2 2003, 01:26 AM
Post #5

no rules, just wrong

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 141

Sounds like Lyressa got dragged all over the place on Saturday.

We went to the new Ikea on Sunday because we're stupid. I had to back to the new Ikea today because they are stupid. While I was doing that the wife watched most of the American Chopper marathon on Discovery (which I thought was cool).

Then we went and bought a truck.
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Sep 2 2003, 01:32 AM
Post #6

914 Freak!

Tough decision. Buy a truck or watch TV.

I wondered why you where asking me about 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton trucks. I now know why...LOL

Lyressa had fun. She sat in the truck while we where at Jasons and did homework.

B
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th June 2024 - 12:49 PM