Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Strange situation with lean and rich cylinders...
Rockaria
post Sep 3 2003, 03:34 PM
Post #1

ZippidyDoDah...

Group: Members
Member No.: 645
Region Association: None

Hello Everyone,

First off my car runs (seems to run) perfectly. A few months ago I did a spark plug test and all 4 plugs looked exactly the same (Just a little dry black soot) meaning to me a little rich, and just the way I wanted it. As the summer came and is going I started to notice my #2 getting cooler than the #4. At times a difference as much as 60 degrees. I put it as hot weather and the oil cooler on the #4 side. But I recently checked the plugs again and have noticed that #1 and #3 are just like they always have been, but #2 is runing richer than normal and #4 is running leaner than normal.

Any off the hip ideas? I put in a new Fuel injector on #2 thinking that maybe it was old and gunked up and open. But the new injector runs just as rich. Like I said the car does run fine though I have noticed that it is a little harder to get it to idle just rght. Though by adjusting the idle screw it will eventually sit at 850 just fine. The car does not smoke unless I am full throttle (The smoke is mostly dark) and I see no oil on the plugs at all.

Just wondring if anyone had any ideas.

Oh Sorry: it's a 1975 1.8 Stock FI

Thanks,
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd July 2024 - 10:47 AM