Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> electrical help, masterswitch
butch
post Sep 4 2003, 01:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 415

Tiggr, also known as Julius, is set up for SCCA ITE, with includes a master cutout switch for the electrical. Master Brad did the installation.

So I had this little problem at the track which I circumvented by pulling the two wires off the number two poles on the masterswitch. I did not note which poles they came off.

Brad told me how it was supposed to be wired, but me and my multimeter are having trouble figgerin it out. Mechanical engineer, I am. Electricity is magic.

The wires go to 1) the wiring harness/ engine (call that "e") and 2) the 14 pin electrical block by the fire wall (call that "b").

I think wire "e" engine should connect to where the coil is shown on the attached diagram that came with the switch, and wire "b" electrical block should correspond to the ignition switch.

Can anyone tell me if I am correct? Or am I gonna fry the whole system.

Tanx.

Butch

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Master_Switch.pdf ( 25.53k ) Number of downloads: 133
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Sep 4 2003, 11:23 PM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

You need the two poles that have continuity thru them when the switch is ON. Put the multimeter on continuity and touch the red lead to one spade and the black lead to the other spade. Turn the switch on and off. Watch for continuity. If you have continuity all the time... that is isnt correct. I have it setup so it shuts off the power to the coil.

B
+Quote Post
butch
post Sep 5 2003, 10:58 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 415

did that.

I'll call when I'm working on it next, if I need mo help...
tanx
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd July 2024 - 10:34 AM