Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> European pistons or 96mm
sj914
post Sep 4 2003, 04:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,053

I'm thinking of upgrading my 1.8 when I do the rebuild to either have the 96mm big bores or the European pistons. What are your opinions on either. The only ones I've used so far are the NPR big bores so I have no real knowledge on the Euro pistons. So any input on likes, dislikes of either will be appreciated.

btw the engine is going to either stay with the stock L-jet or upgrade to the megasquirt and a webcam and lifter combo.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Sep 4 2003, 04:47 PM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

Euro Pistons are stock bore (for a 2.0) and I think the "original" Euro Mahle had a slight dish and most aftermarket are flat top as are mine, but higher compression than stock, but you can get higher compression with the big bore pistons as well.

Also, Euros are designed for a 2.0 crank/rod combo, not a 1.8, so unless you get a 2.0 crank and rod setup, your only choice is stock bore or big bore.
+Quote Post
sj914
post Sep 4 2003, 04:59 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,053

I think I remember reading somewhere, that 1.8 euro pistons can be had. But since I hardly ever seen those things advertised, I take it they are rather expensive to get.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd July 2024 - 10:51 AM