Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 purchase and cross country drive..
grantsfo
post Sep 6 2003, 03:07 PM
Post #41

Arrrrhhhh!

Group: Members
Member No.: 433
Region Association: None

I drove my 74 1.8 2500 miles from Augusta GA to Santa Monica CA and hadnt seen the car. But I did go through a check list with the seller to determine if the car would be able to handle the trip. He had recently gone through most of the car. Didnt have a single problem the entire drive other than some vapor lock in the desert.

I had extra fuses, ignition parts, clutch and accelerator cables, cv joints. Never used them. If you dont know how well the car has been maintained I would be worried.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Sep 6 2003, 03:27 PM
Post #42

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

My last real vacation was in my 75 2.0L three years ago with my 8 year old grandson. We spent three weeks on the road with no destination in mind. Explored New Mexico, Arizona, southern Cal ( all the way to San Diego) and Vegas baby. 4403 miles, 134 galllons of gas. Only one break down. Points closed up in Tuscon. 5 minutes, a new set of points, and we were on our way. Sure wish I would known about you guys then.

Hey admin, what happend to the post on Joan's route? Might have been a big help to her.

Good luck Joan, and may the road god's be with you
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Sep 6 2003, 03:29 PM
Post #43

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

opps, just saw the new thread
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Sep 7 2003, 07:56 AM
Post #44

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

As for tools, or mechanical stuff, wouldn't know what to do with them. I can put oil and gas in and change a tire if I have to, but that's it. So if I have a problem, AAA will come and pick me up (been there, done that), leave the car and the manual with someone who hopefully knows something and come back and pick the car up later.

Joan,

Some basic parts (points, fan belt, rotor) even if you don't know how to use them, would still be good to carry. If you break down in BFE (been there) and get told "We don't stock none a dem for-en cityfolk car parts"... at least you have the basics to get fixed.

-Rusty (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd July 2024 - 10:08 AM