Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SCCA AX, is it me, or do they have a ton of rules
Don Wohlfarth
post Sep 8 2003, 06:12 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 117

Haven't run ax in a couple years, went road racing instead but it's no where near as intense as ax. I'm not a fan of SCCA because of the way they class 914's. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) OTOH you have to admire a group that will print a organized rule book with minor changes from year to year so it's pretty easy to follow the rules, build it once, build it right. Don't be pissing and moaning when you do something to your car that puts you in another class.
Chris, sounds like you're in CSP. You can't relocate suspension points or tie them into the cage, no internal motor mods, stock steel body, and you're in decent shape.
JP, I don't like the rule in FP that makes 914's run carbs but because of update-backdate it allows tail draggers to have a early lite weight car, stuff a 3.6 into it with FI and it's OK. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
A well set up and well driven 2.0 with FI is still pretty competitive in CSP.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Sep 8 2003, 08:45 AM
Post #22

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Chris, run with the Bremerton AX Club in Novice class for the rest of the year and kick ass. That's what Blair did last year and slaughtered the other cars by 4-6 seconds. You are lookin for more seat time right?

Geoff
+Quote Post
anthony
post Sep 8 2003, 09:41 AM
Post #23

2270 club

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 218

The biggest problem with SCCA AX in the bay area is the size of the events. You stand around all day for three or four runs.

If you want seat time I've heard that you can often do lots and lots of fun runs at PCA AXes.
+Quote Post
kdfoust
post Sep 8 2003, 10:05 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 71
Region Association: Southern California

Hey Dude;

Just go run. Class your car as best as you can. It'll probably be a CSP kinda car. No one will worry much about the class unless you happen to win...against highly prepped Miatas and MR2s and the like. In my reading of the book, the rules between zone 8 PCA and SCCA have some incompatibilities that prevent you from being competitive in your class in both places. Pick your preference and use the other group for seat time.

I've enjoyed running the few (3 or 4) SCCA events I've done. I only run the practice day - more runs less waiting and I've got no interest in my in-class placing w/SCCA. I do think that there is a pretty strong element of p-car descrimination in the SCCA which made it even sweeter at one event when a beautifully done '72 911 2.4 layed down TTOD against all kinds of SCCA monstrosities.

Have fun,
Kevin
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Sep 8 2003, 10:19 AM
Post #25

rich herzog

Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

QUOTE(kdfoust @ Sep 8 2003, 08:05 AM)
...one event when a beautifully done '72 911 2.4 layed down TTOD against all kinds of SCCA monstrosities.

gotta ask - are you referring to the ex-Jim Hayes dove grey 911?
the multi-Parade TTDO 911 ?

if so - that car hasn't been a 2,4 for a long time; last time i saw it run, it had 50% more displacement than that ...

there -are- other very quick 911's out there - including almost anything Jerry Sturm or E. Paul Dickinson are driving ...
+Quote Post
kdfoust
post Sep 8 2003, 10:28 AM
Post #26

QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Sep 8 2003, 08:19 AM)
QUOTE(kdfoust @ Sep 8 2003, 08:05 AM)
...one event when a beautifully done '72 911 2.4 layed down TTOD against all kinds of SCCA monstrosities.

gotta ask - are you referring to the ex-Jim Hayes dove grey 911?
the multi-Parade TTDO 911 ?

if so - that car hasn't been a 2,4 for a long time; last time i saw it run, it had 50% more displacement than that ...

there -are- other very quick 911's out there - including almost anything Jerry Sturm or E. Paul Dickinson are driving ...

No, yellow. I believe the driver's name is David Palmquist
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Sep 8 2003, 11:05 AM
Post #27

Irrelevant old fart

Member No.: 45

QUOTE(Don Wohlfarth @ Sep 8 2003, 04:12 AM)
JP, I don't like the rule in FP that makes 914's run carbs but because of update-backdate it allows tail draggers to have a early lite weight car, stuff a 3.6 into it with FI and it's OK. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I'll give that a hale and hearty NO SHIT! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) The 9 elebens can also run twin plugs and a 914 can't.

The biggest motor you can run in ASP in a 914 is a .040 over
2.0L six....with carbs, thank you very much (the early 9elebens can run up to 3.2L)....otherwise it's off with you to FP...."there be monsters here" (sorry for the repeat).

Oh well, I deal with it. I just got "Offical" notification that I won the local SCCA FP class. Best 8 of 10
events...I showed up for 9..all my competition did 7 or less....good thang to, cause they wuz quicker. Once again, stubborness wins over talent (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
kdfoust
post Sep 8 2003, 11:07 AM
Post #28

QUOTE(J P Stein @ Sep 8 2003, 09:05 AM)
QUOTE(Don Wohlfarth @ Sep 8 2003, 04:12 AM)

I'll give that a hale and hearty NO SHIT! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) The 9 elebens can also run twin plugs and a 914 can't.

The biggest motor you can run in ASP in a 914 is a .040 over
2.0L six....with carbs, thank you very much (the early 9elebens can run up to 3.2L)....otherwise it's off with you to FP...."there be monsters here" (sorry for the repeat).

Oh well, I deal with it. I just got "Offical" notification that I won the local SCCA FP class. Best 8 of 10
events...I showed up for 9..all my competition did 7 or less....good thang to, cause they wuz quicker. Once again, stubborness wins over talent (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Hey man, just showing up is 90%
+Quote Post
seanery
post Sep 8 2003, 11:08 AM
Post #29

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Sep 8 2003, 11:19 AM
Post #30

Irrelevant old fart

Member No.: 45

There's a couple of results snippets. Mr. Skinner was kind enuff to drive the little shitbox for a couple events.....it ain't slow...cept when I'm driving (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif)

1m BM 123 Janne Boone Wheeler 49.913
2m FP 41 Doug Skinner 74 Porsche 914/6 50.116

And the next day.

1m XSS 1 Tom Kotzian 01 Corvette Z06 47.695
2m FP 41 Doug Skinner 74 Porsche 914/6 47.876

I WANT SLICKS !!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th July 2024 - 01:05 PM