Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rennlist membership renewal, I feel a hesitation
Brad Roberts
post Sep 8 2003, 02:24 AM
Post #21

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

Read it as often as you can. Bruce Anderson will NOT be matched in our lifetime as a writer. Plenty of people trying.. but you cant beat his personal experience with the 911's.

B
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
HarveyH
post Sep 9 2003, 06:00 AM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 843

My take on Rennlist renewal is that every reputable 914 resource deserves as much support as we can provide. Every year fewer and fewer parts/accessories are being listed by the various parts houses. I'm sure some of this is due to Porsche's continued denial of the existence of the 914 (Boxter, Porsche's first mid-engined production car since the 550), but I think it is mostly because of the shrinking market base.
Yes, Porsche made 119,000 914's, but as more cars are broken up for parts, or are scrapped, there is not enough call for new parts to keep those portions of the business economically feasible. Quite a few parts houses (GPR, Pelican, DC Automotive, etc) start out as niche suppliers for 914, but as their businesses grow, the 914 market becomes a smaller percentage of their total business, and they can increase their profit margins by concentrating on the higher turnover lines. It may not be politically correct to say so, but business don't stay in business if they don't make a profit.

Harvey
No connection to Rennlist except as a paying member.
No connection to any of the parts houses except as a paying customer.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th July 2024 - 01:03 PM