Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> sunset swap, minor details
rhodyguy
post Sep 7 2003, 07:19 AM
Post #1

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

once again a trip to p-land with no (knock on wood) problems. being a "not paid in advance" i was placed around a corner near the back. last in the line up in fact. the bonus for the guys in what would be considered the choise spots (up front) was huge. a local AM radio station was doing a remote broadcast. the music starts. about 30' or so from craig,jp, and jim chambers. in an am DJ voice, "ALL OF YOUR FAVORITE FIRST DECADE ROCK AND ROLL HITS". think the platters, ray charles, or insert songs that came out before you were out of diapers. i asked when they would start with the who, lz, anything other than. " HEY, THATS SECOND DECADE MAN". OH BOY. this went on for 6 hours (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) . my location was a blessing. i told craig that this would not be fun. WHAT! WHAT! i can't hear your over the music. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

what else? the 944 that was pretty clean, with records, that started at $3500 and went for, get this, $1000!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif).

swapped something w/craig for some shinny bits for the interior and did better than i expected with sales. the guy next to me (mitch was his name)saved my life. he let me put the drk brn seat i was trying to sell under his cover. ahhhh shade. i didn't take the camera. you won't believe how much stuff i packed into the 73'. lots of laughs and nice folks. so all the boxed stuff goes back up in the rafters in the garage until next year.

kevin
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Bruce Allert
post Sep 7 2003, 07:53 AM
Post #2

Hellions asleep

Group: Members
Member No.: 441
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I could not believe Kevin got all that good stuff (a plug) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
in a teener. I kept looking for a trailor or pickup close by. I'd say Kev is a proffesional packer!
The music & DJ comentary was loud from where Craig, Jim & JP was set up & I had a hard time talking to Dave but we managed. Tried to talk Jamie into having a slice of their "box" pizza (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) but after giving it a 1 second thought he said "I don't think so" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
bruce
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd July 2024 - 10:45 AM