Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Awesome Mitsu Lancer video, how to drive, and how not to...
richardL
post Sep 7 2003, 10:44 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 201
Region Association: None

Take a look at this video:

http://www.gti18t.com/files/lancer500.wmv

Richard
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Sep 7 2003, 11:03 AM
Post #2

Irrelevant old fart

Member No.: 45

It looked like a track day of some sort.
The guy was lookin' gud there for a while (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
You fuck with the bull, you get the horns
I'll bet the folks he chopped off didn't shed any tears for him / her.
+Quote Post
richardL
post Sep 7 2003, 11:40 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 201

The rumor was it was the track owners son...

He cut up that Lotus really badly. Also, I guess his style was more suited to a forest track than a race track - he was laying down a lot of rubber on those corners.

R
+Quote Post
fiid
post Sep 7 2003, 11:52 AM
Post #4

Turbo Megasquirted Subaru Member

Member No.: 530
Region Association: Northern California

So - I don't think he had exactly the best line..... he was doing the brake-induced oversteer thing that rally drivers do for loose surfaces, but I didn't think that is the fastest way around a road course.

Great video though - I particularly like the music.

I'm glad that I wasn't one of the Elise drivers that this guy almost nailed. I'd be pissed if an elise got wrecked for this kind if daft driving.

Fiid.
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Sep 7 2003, 12:12 PM
Post #5

Irrelevant old fart

Member No.: 45

Ayup.

Towards the end, he entered a corner behind an Elise (I think) got it all sideways and the Elise left him for dead on the exit.
+Quote Post
redshift
post Sep 7 2003, 01:39 PM
Post #6

Bless the Hell out of you!

Member No.: 869

Jolly good!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

Ooops!

m
+Quote Post
Qarl
post Sep 7 2003, 01:44 PM
Post #7

Shriveled member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 271

I think he was showing off more than driving well. Typical ricer.

The only thing I liked more than seeing him roll his car half a dozen times was the entire lot of other sweet cars on the track! A whole lotta $$$$ there!
+Quote Post
mikester
post Sep 7 2003, 04:28 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 837

when I was 18; I got stupid on the freeway and was going very fast in my mom's new MX-6 (1992). I was in the fast lane on the 60 freeway out of Rubioux here in CA, probably only doing about 100 (...only he says...) and there was a car up ahead probably only doing 75 at most in the same lane. I moved over to the next lane on the right...slowed down a bit too. Then they cut in front of me... I yanked the wheel over to miss them, I didn't have any time, they just cut there in front of me and I was going to fast. The car went crazy sliding and then I was on the inside dirt shoulder between both directions of sparse traffic...

I finally got a hold of the car at about 60 mph on the shoulder and I decided I better get back on the road.

As soon as the tires got hold of the asphalt the car went sideways and start rolling, from what I understand it went over 5 and 1/2 times ending up on the top on the other side of the highway. I hit the car that cut me off a bit (broke her tail light on one side and that is it) and sent them spinning and then up an embankment on the side of the road.

I climbed out of the car...luckily without a scratch. The car of course was totaled and to this day I wish I had a picture.

I got picked up by the CHP of course but was lucky again in that one of the officers on the scene was a neighbor. He took care of me and got me home too. I took a lot of shit for that accident and probably deserved a lot of it for driving my mom's car like that and endangering the public in such a way. And I almost never once said outloud in my own defence...that woman changed lanes into me and cut me off. I may have been going to fast, but she didn't LOOK where she was going.

It's been a few years, Dad's stopped hounding me about it now - it's safe to defend myself. Other than the life threatening part it was an "E" ticket ride.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd July 2024 - 10:26 AM