Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rocker Arm Studs, Where to get'em?
Poor-sche Lover
post Mar 23 2006, 08:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,190

I've got a 2056 engine that I'm rebuilding. I'm looking to find a set of rocker arm studs. Where might I find the right size? Do I need to use the Type 1 studs? Who sells them? Any other suggestions? Thanks a lot.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Mar 23 2006, 08:55 PM
Post #2

Engine Surgeon

Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

dude, haven't you figured out that I have all these goodies??? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/cool.gif)

I have these made specifically for the TIV, they are indestructible and feature an 8mm shaft instead of 7mm and the grade 12 nuts really help too.

I also have a few of our older studs in stock that are not as strong, but spending the extra 2 bucks is the best way..

Chromoly rocker studs

Grade 12 H/D nuts

Type 1 studs have the wrong shoulder diameter and require drilling the rockers a bit- not easy to do. They are also too long and need shortening.
+Quote Post
Poor-sche Lover
post Mar 23 2006, 09:51 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,190

I should have known, good Sir Raby! The order has already been placed. Man, I hate all these little parts that I find out I need, and have to order from halfway across the country. Ah, the joys of being in the middle of nowhere! I just want to go vroom! Anyway, torque is still 10 ft-lbs, right?
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Mar 23 2006, 09:56 PM
Post #4

Engine Surgeon

Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

If you got the grade 12 nuts as well torque is 22 pounds... Regular nuts are 18 pounds... These are really strong studs, the same ones that Racer Chris has in his FP engine :-)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2024 - 08:13 PM